Help me please!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

uberreality
confused Please don't get mad at me! *avoids veggies thrown at self* But I'm not really into the comics or cartoons...I'm more into the whole movie scene. Could you guys please explain some of the characters in the comics and how I could get into reading them? Should I start from the beginning? I know they've been around way longer than me... wacko With the characters, could you include a bio, pic, and who they're related to? And could someone post a "family tree" of Wolverine's? I heard he was married and had kids and all that. I know some characters from the comics, but I'd like to get to know a few more...thanks a bunch! big grin

TimberlandG2
GAMBIT!!!!
the best character in the X-Men. Heres his pic.
http://www.godflesh.com/sf/art/mvc/series2/gambit.gif Happy Dance

juggernaut26
right well you oughta get essential xmens check for em on half dot com and buy one like the very first its white with the first few xmen on it that'll give you the whole originality of the xmen

kohl
uberreality, the first team was angel, jean, cyclops, beast and iceman. after that (and after jean's 'death' and rejoining the team, it evolved into x-factor.

a few storylines which are very good are operation: zero tolerance, age of apocalypse, etc. but those are confusing (to everyone at times, not just new fans) as some show alternate realities.

a few ongoing titles you might like are uncanny x-men and new x-men. the teams are all mixed up now though.

not sure about posting multiple links here, but send a pm and i will get them to you.

x Skyjacker x
If you want to get into it, I suggest Ultimate X-Men. It is restarting the entire X-Men thing so that new readers can understand, anything with "Ultimate" in front of it (if its made by marvel) is one of those remakes, so I'd suggest that over anything. It will really help you get into it all, and understand it more. Plus there have only been 40 issues so getting into it wont be too hard if you wantto by the graphic novels.

Paola
Everything I know about the X-Men I learned it on the web big grin.....so don't worry.... you may not have to have a single comic to know their story and all that wink

Kes
You can find lots of Bios here:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12864&highlight=Bios and ask for bios.
You also have a pics thread where you can request pics and info on characters. And threads for several characters.
Closing--closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.