Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I have almost completed my Rogue Leader game, but I would like to know where I could find excellent codes for it, like getting all secret levels and ships. Does anyone know of one?

ToMacco
try a search engine

yerssot
*puts thread in rocket launcher*
*fires thread to the EU section*
Shoot! I can't do this!

mah
maybe texas knows.

Ushgarak
Moving this to EU section.

LanceWindu
If you want some great codes go to this link: Cheat Code Central then click either Frames or No Frames. Go to Gamecube codes then select Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron.

Captain REX
I got a few things, but nothing extremely helpful, except how to get secret levels without spending points. It helped.

LanceWindu
Glad I could help. But if Cheat Code Central doesn't have it within a month after the release date, the don't have codes.

Captain REX
It has been MONTHS since the release. LucasArts just isn't giving out the codes for some reason.

LanceWindu
Maybe hackers haven't found all the codes either

Captain REX
Huh. Texas hasn't replied to my PM.

I wish I knew how to be a hacker.

LanceWindu
Speaking of hackers, my personal web site was hacked into and taken completely over to where I couldn't change anything. I had to shut it down yesterday. BTW my site was a wrestling roleplaying site.

Captain REX
Ha ha! I mean...um...we're all very sorry. sad

STBY!

LanceWindu
STBY???
What does that mean?

Julie
Hmmmm....somebody's got some explaining to do.

Captain REX
First, what does BTW mean? STBY means Sucks to Be You! I'm not serious though. Man, it must suck to have your website shut down.

LanceWindu
BTW means 'By The Way'.

And also I got my website back online but it isn't on the same web host. It is on a very cheap page too.

Captain REX
I bet the host your on hired hackers to get you there and pay them more. That sucks!

LanceWindu
Well I knew the person who hacked into my site. I was thinking of sending him a virus, but I will let him keep the site. I deleted most of it anyway.

Julie
Poor you!

"Revenge isn't something we promote on my planet.....but we're not on my planet are we?" evil face

LanceWindu
"Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!"

Julie
Very good!!!....I was wondering if anybody would get that.

LanceWindu
Who wouldn't understand that? That was easy

Captain REX
Good question.

The Naboo Starfighter kicks @$$ in this game. It is probably the fastest ship, has six blue torpedoes, and rapid fire lasers. Very cool.

Here's the secondary weapon of each ship pilotable:

X-Wing: 6 Red Proton Torpedoes
Y-Wing: 20 White Proton Bombs or 6 Red Proton Torpedoes
A-Wing: 20 White Concussion Missiles
B-Wing: 12 Red Proton Torpedoes
Millennium Falcon: 20 White Concussion Missiles
Slave I: 20 White Cluster Missiles
TIE Advanced: 20 White Cluster Missiles
TIE Fighter: None
Cloud Car: None
Shuttle: Infinite Green back-mounted Laser Turret
Naboo Starfighter: 6 Blue Proton Torpedoes

Very cool. smokin'

Julie
It's a good thing y-wings have a lot of shields....those things are so infuriatingly slow!. The N-1 is a very nice shiop....never played Rogue Leader but in Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo it's good.

The TIE fighters are fun but not practical.

Captain REX
TIE Advanced is VERY practical. Good shields and armor, rapid fire lasers, and cluster missiles.

Here's the special abilities of the ships:

X-Wing: Closes S-foils to go faster and self-repairs with R2 unit.
Y-Wing: Fires blue Ion Cannon and self-repairs with R2 unit.
A-Wing: Has the Nitro-boost.
B-Wing: Closes S-foils to go faster and fires blue Ion Cannon.
Millennium Falcon: Pivoting lasers that fires forward and back.
Slave I: N/A
TIE Advanced: N/A
TIE Fighter: N/A
Cloud Car: N/A
Shuttle: Closes wings to go slower.
Naboo Starfighter: Self-repairs with R2 unit.

Also, I'm hoping that these two ships are pilotable: the Jedi Starfighter and TIE Bomber. You can see the TIE bomber at the top of the Imperial hangar (Triumph of the Empire) and the Jedi Starfighter would be like the N-1 starfighter in Rogue Squadron: only accessable by codes.

The secret ships take up empty spaces and the extra ships. Here's where they go:

TIE Fighter: Goes in a corner of the hangar behind the wall and takes up empty space.
TIE Advanced: Goes next to the X-Wing.
Falcon: There all the time at the back-center of the hangar.
Naboo: Replaces an extra X-Wing.
Slave I: Goes next to the Falcon and behind the B-Wing.
Jedi Starfighter (possible): Replaces extra A-Wing.

Julie
Wow, I stand corrected......thanks for the education.

Captain REX
Here's a lay-out of the Rebel Fleet Hangar.

X = X-Wing
A = A-Wing
B = B-Wing
Y = Y-Wing
l-o-l = TIE Fighter
(-o-) = TIE Advanced
:O = Falcon
O-- = Slave I
<I = Naboo Starfighter
< = Jedi Starfighter

l l
l <I < l
l l
l X A l
l l
l l
l Y l
l (-o-) B l
l____ O: O-- l
l l-o-l ________l
l_____l

Here's a layout of the Imperial Hangar.

l-o-l = TIE Fighter
(-o-) = TIE Advanced
l_l_l = Shuttle
(-oo-) = TIE Bomber

l l-o-l l-o-l l
l l-o-l l
l l
l (-oo-) l
l l
l l
l l_l_l l
l (-o-) l
l____________l

The Bomber's on the cieling.

There is also the Massasi Temple Hangar and the Echo Base Hangar, but I don't see those much, since they are only used in one level each.

Captain REX
Oops. Doesn't work that well does it. Well, you get the picture.

Julie
That's a heck of a lot of symbols......but I actually understand most of them.

Captain REX
Here's another whack at it.

l------------------ l
l <I ------------< l
l ------------------l
l X -------------A l
l ------------------l
l ------------------l
l ------------Y ----l
l (-o-)--------- B l
l____ O: O=----l
l l-o-l ________l
l_____l

l------- l-o-l l-o-l l
l -------------l-o-l l
l -------------------l
l -----(-oo-)-------l
l -------------------l
l -------------------l
l -------------l_l_l l
l ----(-o-) --------l
l____________l

Captain REX
Never mind. You get the picture.

By the way, look what I found on www.curto-customs.com:

Julie
Nice pic........a bit strange though

Captain REX
At school I made a comic off of that pic. Ash learns that the Pokemon are demons and kills all of his. Then he decides to kill all Pokemon and those who support them. Very funny and bloody.

Captain REX
Back to the topic. What ships would you like to see playable?

Julie
hmmmm..........can you fly B-wing....I though you mentioned them but I'm too lazy to check.

how about one of those cloud cars?

LanceWindu
I believe both are playable except the CLoud Car doesn't have any special features.

Julie
Why not. What do they have, just lasers?....Who'd want to fly that.....the more weapons the better wink

LanceWindu
Blowing things up is fun! evil face

Julie
Of course it is.......that's why violent video games are made.....they sell

Captain REX
The Cloud Car is actually pretty cool. The B-Wing is in the game. Ion cannon, lasers, and torps. Plus, it's kind of fast. But the most deadly fighter is the TIE Advanced. The B-Wing can take out a Star Destroyer in about 1 minute, but a TIE Advanced can take out a squad of fighters in less than 40 seconds.

They finally released the codes for the Naboo starfighter and the falcon. Too bad they released a few weeks late! I got the ships almost a month before the codes came out. mad

Julie
Calm yourself.....(Iago)
What movie's that from?????????

Well that must mean you're really really good, right?

Captain REX
I only have to get 2 more secret levels (by getting pretty much all golds), the TIE Advanced (Darth's TIE/All golds), and the Jedi Starfighter (Future code only).

Julie
Never give up!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get them yet???

Captain REX
No. My stinkin brother got in trouble, so my mom said no Gamecube for anyone over the weekend. mad

Aladin!

Julie
Ouch!...that's kinda harsh. corporate punishment.......oh well.

You can play again on Monday

Captain REX
Well, actually, my Mom just half-lifted the punishment for doing absolutely nothing. Besides, I'm working mostly on my Super Smash Bros. Melee game. Another excellent game, although it isn't Star Wars.

Mujaffa
i've got some codes for rouge leader but it's for N64 so just pm me... mmmm'kay! wink

LanceWindu
If you've got codes for the N64 version then you don't have them for Rogue Leader. You have them for Rogue Squadron.

Julie
Darn and I was just about to get excited cause I thought maybe they might have made a version for N64 sad

LanceWindu
I wish cause I have that system. But then the graphics wouldn't be able to be the best that they could be. For the N64 they would have to change the game a lot because they couldn't put all of those visuals in there.

Captain REX
I haven't played Rogue Leader in awhile. I'm thinkin' of buying a Gameshark for N64, because there's no games I want for Gamecube out right now.

Julie
awwww sad ...cheer up there'll be more games out soon......maybe not Star Wars but suitable subs will just have to do wink

Captain REX
Games & Stuff to buy:

GameCube (Mostly games that come out later):
Star Fox Adventures from Rareware
Metroid Prime from RetroStudios
Banjo-Threeie from Rareware
007: Agent Under Fire from Rareware
GameCube Gameshark

Rare is one of my favorite companies. big grin

Nintendo 64:
N64 Gameshark
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

PC:
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

Not that I'll be buying all of them. sad

Captain REX
Oh, and Star Fox 64! big grin

Games I have:

N64:

Mischief Makers
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Snowboard Kids 2
Pokemon Stadium
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

GCN:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee

PC:

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Star Wars: Episode 1 Podracing

Julie
That's a lot of games...
I have N64: Battle for Naboo; Rogue Squadron
X-box: Obi-Wan
PC: The Phantom Menace; The X-Files; Gettysburg; Indiana Jones
and a bunch of other games for Genesis and Nintendo big grin

Unfortunately, I have very little time to play them sad

mah
Final Fantasy comes to gamecube!

yes!

Julie
Final Fantasy??????? what's that

LanceWindu
It's a series of games for the Playstation and PS2. They come out with like 3 game a year it seems. They are making number 11 right now.

mah
IMO the best playstation games

LanceWindu
A few of them were stupid though. Like the ones where everyone was little kids. I don't ever play them though.

Julie
It think I have enough to handle just playing Star Wars games roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
I dont own a PS or PS2 so I would like FF for the cube!

LanceWindu
But would they start with 10 or 11?

Julie
I don;t own either either wink ....... I have my PC and my x-box big grin

mah
it's rumoured to be called Final Fantasy Unlimited, based on the japanese anime FF series

LanceWindu
Oh I don't really care anyways. I don't even own a GC.

Julie
I wonder if they're any good....I mean a little variety in life in good...right?

Captain REX
Wasn't Final Fantasy originally a Nintendo and Super Nintendo series?

mah
yup..but then square and nintendo had problems with their relationship and square went off to sony.

LanceWindu
I think it was best that they left Nintendo.

mah
why?

LanceWindu
Nintendo's graphics weren't as good as the PS1. Sure the PS has to load but it's better than the N64.

Julie
I never had a PS1 so I didn't have anything to compare my N64 to.....what you don't know ...you don't miss

LanceWindu
The PS1 had somewhat better graphics than the N64.

Julie
u have both?

Now, I mostly play my x-box smile .....yeaaaaaaa....I can't wait until more Star Wars games come out!

LanceWindu
I have almost every single system out there. Just not the GC or the X-Box.

Julie
Wow.....get an x-box.....it's a nice sys....Though I hardly have any time to play it anymore.

LanceWindu
A crappy thing about the X-Box is that you have to buy the DVD remote control seperate before you can use it to watch DVD's.

Julie
Oh I didn't know that, but I already have a DVd player so I don't need to use the x-box

LanceWindu
I use my PS2 for the DVD player. I don't have any other one.

Julie
oh the one we got was really cheap ...a 99 dollar thingy...i think

LanceWindu
My firends family got one for free with their new big screen T.V.

Julie
Cool cool but I bet their tv cost a pretty penny.

LanceWindu
My friend says it cost 2 grand.

Julie
Ouch.....you have a rich friend!......2 grand is a lot of money!!!!!!

LanceWindu
Yeah and there's only a few people living in their house so they can save their money better than my family.

Julie
How many people are living in your house?????

LanceWindu
My house only three now. We did have 6.

Julie
Almost the same situation here....once upon a time there were 6, but now there are 4

LanceWindu
Who's the four left?

Julie
My parents...me....and an older sis who floats in and out wink

LanceWindu
So are you the youngest out of your family?

Julie
yup that would be me...I'm the Baby big grin
U?

LanceWindu
Same here. The youngest out of three.

Julie
Youngest of 4 but I'm adopted.

LanceWindu
You're adopted? eek!

I never would have known.

Julie
Internet connections make people anonymous.....BTW my sister is also adopted, but my brothers are both my adoptive parent's children.

LanceWindu
So your adoptive parents like to take in people?

Julie
actually I think it was a matter of they wanted girls and already had two boys....so they adopted smile

LanceWindu
That works. I guess

Julie
I guess it does....Though I don't know anything else so I suppose it had to work wink

LanceWindu
Yup

Julie
smile ....so how is your family.....mine is cool.... cool

LanceWindu
Typical family. My dad hardly talks to me, mom embarresses me, my oldest sister is cool, my older sister hates me most of the time, my oldest brother-in-law is a weeny, and my older brother-in-law is almost my best friend.

Julie
laughing out loud wow....my older brother isn't even married.....my older sister has a boyfriend who plays my xbox more than I do

Mujaffa
well aren't you the lucky one

LanceWindu
Your sis's boyfriend just plays your X-Box whenever he comes to your house?

Julie
most of the time....but only with her approval big grin
Yea, last weekend he rented a pirate game and was playing that for hours on end....

LanceWindu
I know people that rent games for a system that they don't own just to get sympathy to let you play it on your system.

Julie
haha.....that's an underhanded trick.....actually this guy has an x-box of his own....go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
It just shows how much he likes the X-Box I guess.

Julie
Yea....how many hours a day do you spend beating up on x-box villians?

LanceWindu
Huh?

Julie
Do you have an x-box...or some other video sys?.....how long do you spend playing it?

LanceWindu
I have 2 PSOnes a PS2 a N64 and some older systems. I don't get much time on them though. I am usually on the internet.

General Kaliero
Bit off topic, doncha think? this thread was for Rougue Leader, right? So talk Rougue leader!
Here is an example of how you talk about RL without getting distracted: "The Slave 1 is exellent as long as you have the advanced homing cluster missiles. I beat the Ison Corridor level in less than 1 1/2 min with it."

LanceWindu
Finally! Someone to help Julie and I stay on topic. We always get distracted.

Does anyone think that they'll ever re-release RL for the PS2 or something? Cause I don't really feel like getting a NGC until I know they will come out with some good games.

General Kaliero
Let me look into the FUTURE... big grin
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!
(5 minutes later)
Oh... I see the very last PS2 crushing a wrongly discarded GCN in a dump. Poor 'Cube!!

(This means NO) wink

LanceWindu
Why is that?

PS2 r00ls and Cube and X-Box are good systems with no really good games.

That's why they are already lowering their prices overseas.

mah
then buy one now, cause there's already enough good games.

General Kaliero
Don't worry. I see the GCN getting good games. If there is not a single good game after 1000 years, I give you permission to yell at me.

mah
it's got the excslusives like rogue leader, super smash brothers, wave race, super monkey ball, resident evil, eternal darkness, mario zelda Rareware games +++ AND it gets the games that are multi-system games.

LanceWindu
Rogue Leader - The only good game I've seen yet.

Super Smash Brothers Melee - Give me Tekken any day.

Wave Race - I'd rather dunk my head in the toilet than play this game that I've hated since it first came out for the N64.

Super Monkey Ball - Looks like a kiddie game.

Resident Evil - This isn't an exclusive game. It came out on the PSOne many years ago.

Eternal Darkness - I'll pass.

Mario - Getting old and easy.

Zelda - Haven't played since the SNES days. The new ones make Link look like a little baby.

mah
SSBM has nothing in common with normal fighting games, and should therefore not me compared. normal fighting games coming to gamecube; Bloody Roar, Mortal KOmbat, and the sequel to the best fighting game ever Soul Calibur 2.

hmm, I loved it, but if you didnt like it; fair enough.

pff, that's a typical remark from people who cant see past the main characters, it's got great reviews everywhere, it's got incredible controls, is insanely addictive as far as I've tried it, and has 100 levels plus man dif. modes.

not correct, it's based on that, but 70% of the game is new, which has been confirmed in several reviews.

as electronic gaming monthly said; mario games is what dreams are made of. there is not ONE bad mario game. if you can honestly say that super mario 64 was bad, then there's nothing I can do for yousmile

haven't played ocarina of time? then you surely have missed the greatest game ever. how link looks matters shite, if the gameplay is as good as it usually is it will be great.

what I'm trying to say is that I have no problem with people choosing PS2 over Gamecube, but that must because you want a very big choice of 3rd party-games, want a DVD etc., not because the gamecube 'doesn't have good games'.

LanceWindu
In my opinion they don't have good games.

And Resident Evil still isn't an exclusive game. Even if there are new things in it. As long as it is following the same story and has the same name it is the same game.

mah
well I'm pretty sure you haven't tried most of the GC, no? so then you can't really say that.

anyways, if that's your opinion on how a game must be to be exclusive; okay. but more resident evil games are coming to GC, also brand-new.

yerssot
'bout RE: I have 1, 2 and 3, not platina nor Umbrella project and I can't FREAKING save in RE:2!

LanceWindu
But they will come out with the same games for the PS2 so they still aren't going to be exclusive.

yerssot
there are changes to the storyline for PS and X-box

mah
oh so untrue, capcom has made the resident evil series exclusive to gamecube, there will be no other new RE games for other systems. gotcha!stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Pull up a news article on this. I don't believe you.

mah
no problem
http://cube.ign.com/articles/098/098267p1.html

want any more info?

LanceWindu
It said Biohazard then in ()'s it said Resident Evil. Meaning, they are bringing the Biohazard franchise, series, to the GCN. It didn't say anything about the Resident Evil series being there.

When it said (Resident Evil) that meant the guyys that made Resident Evil also make the Biohazard franchise.

finti
Keep Resident evil out of here THIS IS STAR WARS LITERATURE AND EXPANDED UNIVERSE ANY OTHER TOPICS HAS NO PLACE HERE

- FINTI

Captain REX
Okay then...

I can't wait to by Bounty Hunter for GameCube. And I also can't wait for codes for Rogue Leader to come out. They need to release codes for the X1, the last 2 bonus levels, and the secret ship.

LanceWindu
If codes for Rogue Leader haven't come out yet then they never will.

mah
just has to clear one thing before going back on topic lance: BIOHAZARD IS THE JAPANESE NAME OF RESIDENT EVIL; BIOHAZARD IS RESIDENT EVIL!!!!!!!!

back on topic: tons of codes for rogue leader has come out.

LanceWindu
Ok, well I didn't know that. I stand corrected mah.

Back on topic:

I can find some codes for you if you want REX.

Captain REX
Okay. I have most of them. All I need is Endurance (which I could get by getting a better medal on a mission, but that would mean getting a gold, which is hard on the ones I have left), the TIE Advanced X1, and the Secret Ships (supposedly the TIE bomber and Jedi starfighter).

I found the one for Revenge on Yavin. It's very fun, but there's too many pesky X-Wings, Y-Wings, and Airspeeders. It's fun to blow them all into oblivion with infinite lives. You crash and your 20 (homing) cluster missiles refill and you shoot them all down. I have a Silver doing it the normal way. Nothing doing the screwed up crashing way that I just said.

It's fun to blow up the Corvettes that fly around. They're in the way and they are your enemies because your Darth Vader.

LanceWindu
You mean in RL you get to be a baddy?

Well here's a link for ya: HERE

Captain REX
Yeah, you get to be a baddy in two levels. Triumph of the Empire you get to be Vader in the X1, TIE Fighter, or Shuttle and you have to destroy Red and Gold Squadron before they destroy the Death Star. In Revenge on Yavin, you have the same ships and character, but you have to destroy the Rebel transports on Yavin IV before they escape.

Thanx for the link Lance, but nothin useful that I didn't already know. sad The codes will come out in time.

LanceWindu
I think those are all the codes there are. If nothing new is out by now (many months since the release) then there most likely won't be anything else. Some cheats you actually have to work for.

Captain REX
No, those codes they've released have been coming slowly since December. LucasArts is being greedy and using the codes themselves.

*Looks over at the LucasArts employee*

EMPLOYEE: Mine, my own! My preciousss!!!

See what I mean? laughing out loud

The Revenge on Yavin code came out at the end of last month with the Shuttle code. The X1 TIE fighter, Endurance, and secret ship codes will come out this month, next month, and so on.

Damn it! Nintendo, you must release the GCN Gameshark!

mah
yeah, on the first rogue squadron new codes was still coming out looong time after the game.

Mujaffa
just seen the films on f****** great movies big grin

Captain REX
Well, I unlocked Endurance by getting a gold on Revenge on Yavin. It's kinda boring though after awhile of playing it. It's an endless wave of TIE fighters and TIE Interceptors. Every time you destroy 10 waves, you fight 5 shuttles as a break.

Boring. To get a silver you have to defeat 50 (!!!) waves. Takes a long time. Took a long time to defeat 25 for the bronze.

Bespin Bart
Rex just found another code:

!ZUVIEL!
!BENZIN!

Gives you a flying car with fire-linked cannons and cluster missiles. It uses an R2 unit.

General Kaliero
That little car rocks! If you go into the "cockpit" there's this little monkey bobble-head dude on the dash! laughing out loud laughing out loud

General Kaliero
I got the last of the codes right here! For Endurance, enter
?WCYBRTC + ??MBC???

For Vader's Tie Advanced X1, enter : NYM!UUOK + BLKHLMT!

Enter U!?!VWZC + GIVEITUP to get Ace mode.
Thank you, thank you! big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>