Slang!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

.:[Kamikaze]:.
hey i was just wondering what slang words you guys use.. like im from the UK but people use different words, i'm from london and we have different sayings but up north they have different sayings too...

how do you guys generally chat, like with your mates and stuff,?

take care

luv AS!!!
xxx

lil bitchiness
sarni = sandwich

lol ive heard somewhere up north they say, Speg which is supposed to mean Gum, like Chewing Gum... i dont get where speg comes from chewing gum confused hehe...

lil bitchiness
confused

Chewdy = chewing gum in north

Linkalicious
Up in Nothern California...those losers say the word "hella" all the time. Stupidest word i've ever heard of...until the old navy chick said "i think my shizzle's gone fadizzle" or something stupid like that.

SilverFighter
^lol that's true they love that "hella" word.

lil bitchiness
I like word hella big grin

WE dont use that here...but i started to, hella good!! hella funny!! big grin

Linkalicious
miffed

SilverFighter
Is very common in San Francisco to say "hella" all the time. Examples: that was a hella of a game, That's one hella of meal, she is one hella of good looking gal. Sometimes it gets annoying!!!!

Linkalicious
Man in Nor Cal they use it like this:

"So i was hella hanging out with all my friends. And it was hella cool because each one of us were hella rooting for the Sacramento Kings to beat the Los Angeles Lakers...who are like hella stupid. Then we met this Lakers fan who was like totally hella funny because he was wearing this hella goofy looking Kobe Bryant jersey in a section that was totally a Chris Webber section. So we were like pfft hella dumb Lakers fan...don't they know we nor cal idiots shoot fans from down south because we wanna think our Hella cool Oakland is hella tougher than their hella weak Compton and Watts."

damn i hate Northern Californians...i wish they would cut California in half so Southern California could be it's own state...then we wouldn't have to be associated with those weirdos.

SilverFighter
Same here link I can't stand those A's and Giants fans, and those Sacramento Kings too. But don't worry we will have the Big One and Cali will be broken into two big grin wink

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud haha!! That amused me Link big grin

Where abouts are you from in Cali? big grin

lil bitchiness
Never mind...i just saw it embarrasment

Linkalicious
Orange County...like 30 minutes south of Los Angeles.

Linkalicious
errr....30 minutes with LA traffic

mechmoggy
They use lots of odd ones in and around Dudley, here's some I hear every day: -

Cor = Can't: As in, "you cor touch that"
Yow = You: As in, "Yow ain't supposed to be here"
Yam = You: As in, "Yam aven't done that yet" (where the term yam-yams comes from)
Pays = Peas: As in, "I got ******* 'n' pays tonight"

There's lots more too.

lil bitchiness
no tsk tsk tsk Birmingham is a whole another world, isnt it Mech big grin

mechmoggy
Thats Black Country lingo, a whole different world to Brum. big grin

Shoukan
My father is from the South....lots of slang there

Goobers=peanuts
Grab A Root=have dinner
Hunkey Dorey=everything is great
Lickety split=very quick
Purdy=pretty
Uppity=Conceited

Linkalicious
how come when you ask a person from southern california "what's up"

they always come up with the brilliant answer "chillen" or "just kickin it"??? I say it all the time, but i'm just wondering why it's so common down here

LanceWindu
When someone asks me what's up I say: " Nothin' "

§pearhead
laughing out loud someone moved to my town, and they started saying "craptastic" a lot...apparently, their parents told him that we say that...meanwhile, we'd never even heard of it.

lol hehe you guys have som ekewl sayings and some kinda weird things blink but hey thats all good

lol Blackburn is funneh i love the accent but the slang is just jokes hehe..

§pearhead
hey when you say them alot, it doesn't get wierd for us

yeh i know, coz my ex is from bburn and when i say what whatever he said means hes like wa you aint heard of that or wots wrong wiv it lol and when i say sumat hes like ad that means lol its kinda kewl tho like learning another language hehe

§pearhead
That's true...all of the different dialects make true english and what we yanks speak roll eyes (sarcastic) very wierd cuz our words mean so many different things

yeh i know... kinda funneh tho someone said something to me like in slang and i answered back in what i thought it meant but they have a different meaning there lol.. i was like wel embarrased.. embarrasment

§pearhead
laughing out loud Depending on what it was that you said back, I'd be too laughing

lol yeh coz i was the only londoner there they were all from bburn, and they all had confused looks started laughing embarrasment

§pearhead
blink So do you even know what you said?

no i left when they started laughing lol.. so i didnt actually find out hehe..

§pearhead
erm meh, its probably better that way...

yeh, hardly gonna see em again. well i think im gonna see my ex in april... uh oh... *hides under cover*

§pearhead
messed That usually means trouble...fortunately, i was pretty friendly with my ex after we broke up

yeh, well we are friends and ive seen him once after we broke up, but then he goes that i looked good, so thats not good.. confused

§pearhead
Oh yeah, I remember this in that other thread beforehand...you remember me? I'm the one who posted the picture of the balloon-head person, and you said that it reminded you of him...?

lol aww yeh Jeremy? huh? is that your real name???? anyhoo yuppers course i member u big grin

so you doin ok?

§pearhead
Yep, that's my real name...smart nothing special though. I'm doing pretty good, I guess...had better, but I've had a lot worse as well. You?

yeh ok i guess... just ermm chilling chatting and drooling the usual lol... and oh yeh in pain too my stupid knee kills, sumat up with my ligaments sad im not supposed to play any sports but i love em and im in most of the teams, so i carry on but then pay for doing so with bludy pain...

§pearhead
A lot of that coming around...I pulled a pair of muscles before I was even up for an hour, kinda wierd...plus we were supposed to have a snow day and we only got a dusting, needless to say i was a bit angry... but we've got tomorrow off, so thats good!

omg yay its snowned a lil here woohoo i was jumping up and down and of course that wasnt a good idea lol.. but hey SNOW!! lol

lol my snickers got stuck in the vending machine and so did my mates so we were like running into it to try and make them fall out lol took ages and my arm hurt really bad, but hey it came out in the end lol...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.