Bad Idea, Good Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
This is the opposite of the Good idea, BAD MOVIE thread. This is about really bad ideas that somehow turn into good movies.

An obvious choice is Pirates of the Caribbean. Basing a movie on a Disney ride is not the smart thing to do, especially after the Country Bears fiasco. But PotC was surprisingly good.

Primitive Screwhead #1
I have to go back awhile on this, but The Toxic Avenger has to certainly qualify as a bad idea that has too many classic lines and bad acting that it really is good. I mean... a scrawny janitor in a tutu that is dropped into a vat of toxic waste and becomes a defender of justice??? Try going into that movie with high expectations!!!!

LordMortis
Dog soldiers. another typical werewolf movie i thought with a flat plot (a bunch of guys go to the scottish highlands and find some werewolves, ahhh). lol i eventually seen it and it turned out to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

Ushgarak
It might sound dodgy but I always think Highlander SHOULD have been rubbish. But- and most certainly from Sean Connery's appearance onwards- it was just so well done...

...unlike 2, 3 and 4...

LordMortis
another one i thought was gonna be a load of balls was equilibreum. I thought it was a total matrix rip off but when i seen it, it was something completely different, and yet again is one of my favorite movies.

Primitive Screwhead #1
LordMortis-

From this States-based smeg-head, I must commend you on your signature. Though not in line with this forum, any new word on movie development?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.