Dwarves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
Quick! what comes to your mind when i say:

Dwarves?

Beards, Gimli, Axes, Gold???

Where would we be without dwarves? Think what could have happened if they didn't exist, if Aule had patience and waited for the children to come, and had not created them.

Would bilbo have found the ring?

if so would the fellowship have gotton far without gimli gloin's son?

this thread is for the fans of those unique creatures we call 'dwarves'

shadowy_blue
I found what you said "Would Bilbo have found the Ring?" very interesting. I swear I only just realized that. If not for the Dwarves' journey and Gandalf, the Ring wouldn't be where it is now. big grin

OK, I admit before I've even read the Hobbit and know exactly the universe of Middle-earth, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear of Dwarves is "Snow White"...LOL..big grin

In the book, Gimli was really an asset to the Fellowhip, he saved the lives of his companions at least more than twice as I remember. In the movie, Gimli is great too but they made him more of a comic relief, which is not entirely bad. I love him whenever he speak in Khuzdul. big grin

Lord_Andres
when I hear the word Dwarf I always think about, the videogame character in Goldenaxe, he's a dwarf with a huge axe, reminds a bit of Gimli,and then I think about Gimli, now with Gimli in mind I think about maltbeer, remember that sequense in moria? hehe big grin

Discos
come to think of it, Gollum would probably of still had the ring and seeing as the nazgul knew Gollum had the ring and taken him into Mordor then Sauron would have recieved the ring very very sooner than we all thought.

orlandoOYEA
And that would of made for a shorter book.smile Gimli is great, as all all dwarfs are. They are small yet powerful. The have giant hearts and believe in defending themselves and their friends with everything they got.

azszhz
they wouldn't have gotten the ring from gollum they would have found it on some orc cuz gollum droped the ring, the whole time the ring just waits for some orc to come along, and bilbo found it while lost in the dark
but thats no the point the point is it still would have found its way to the dark lord

and you know christmas elves and stuff i think they may have breeded elves and dwarfs to make them... think about it there really short usally portrayed with beards, but no always, love to build things
maybe it should be christmas dwarfs from now on

Smodden
Santa clause and his dwarves. hmm

yeah i never understood that how ppl always think elves are short...???

sauron
lol well in the hoobit i thought of thorin as this tall dwarf

then FOTR came out..and i saw one of the elves ansd it looked EXACTLY how i pictured thorin...then i saw gimli and was like what the **** lol but he is mint

although i liked him better in FOTR with his attitude problem "which i add they are NOT"

than in ttt with his comic relief...which i also enjoyed though big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.