question about harry's defence in privet drive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

megajoint
After book 4 with voldy poo come back to life using harry's blood he got his mother defence also (and the blood connection)
so why malfoy with his connection to umbridge couldnt found out harry's hideout I'm sure she would have told him specially at the time of the "dementor accident".
he would have told voldy and than with his new blood connection
he could throw away privte drive defence easily(blood shield)

why didnt he done it?
am I mistaken here with my assuming???

p.s: If i'm making fool of myself here please excuse me wink

.:Sexi_Blonde:.
I have no idea what the answer is. That makes the two of us then. lol

hhhhr
i didn't get ur question could u explain?

megajoint
well...I thought why voldy couldnt break the defence of privet drive now that he got harry's blood
the defence explained by dd should depend on the blood relative,with his new share blood with harry why didnt he made his move directly to the house ??? he could have got it location from malfoy because he good friend of umbridge that sent the dementors ,she must knew harry's address

so why didnt voldy do it?????

Candy
*lol* ya can count me, too. i dunno stick out tongue

hhhhr
maybe there are other defenses there but i don't know maybe voldy was scared and didn't want to loose his powers anymore not until he heard the prophecy

Trickster
Voldy's not friends with Umbridge... Umbridge just wanted to get rid of Harry because he was making trouble for the Ministry.

Didn't Harry's blood only stop him from hurting Voldy by touching him? Like in the first book when he burns Quirrell he can't do that annymore?

megajoint
but malfoy is a work mate of umbridge he can ask her and she wont suspect anything and maybe she would like to talk about harry's stories (the last scandal) and tell him about the location of the suppose to be dementors (she dont want to blow her secret that she sent the dementors)

myredmirage95
wait wait wait... how did umbridge even know where he was???

shanie623
The blood connection only works for when Voldemort touches Harry. The protection under the Dursley's roof is not in any way (that I know of) connected to the blood connection that ressurected Voldemort. The reason that Harry was protected before Voldemort was ever ressurected with Harry's own blood was because of an old magic that his mother left upon him: the traces of Lily Potter's sacrifice. That's why Quirrel could not touch him in the "Sorcerer's Stone." Not until the 4th book has Voldemort touched Harry.

Read the Goblet of Fire (4th book), page 657 .

Voldemort says "But how to get at Harry Potter? For he has been better protected than I think even he knows, protected in ways devised by Dumbledore long ago, when it fell to him to arrange the boy's future. Dumblore invoked an ancient magic, to ensure the boy's protection as long as he is in his relations' care. Not even I can touch him there..."

Hope I cleared that up.. You guys should read book 4 again ^_^ There were a lot of things mentioned in book 4 that was forgotten when you guys read the 5th book.

tassie
^^ that's true, it's one kind of power basically which is preventing Voldy, but taking Harry's blood only enables him to touch harry as Shanie said, but the protection of his family and the love of his mother can't be broken by just taking some of his blood. It's deeper than that.

And Umbridge would know Harry's whereabouts, because she's in the Ministry, right? And it's also true, that she would tell Malfoy.

shanie623
Oh yeh. I forgot the question about Umbridge. Besides the fact that Umbridge is from the ministry, REMEMBER: she was also at Harry's hearing. ^_^

tassie
yeah, well that's what i meant also, cuz she had to be in the ministry to be at the hearing

megajoint
so..... u r stating the fact that umbridge is in the MoM, that's not what I question here

I asked why malfoy didnt asked umbridge harry's location she would have give him without thinking twice!
voldemort should have use malfoy's position in the MoM better!!!!
he's not very smart unlike me smile(jk)

RebelPhoenix
I think Voldemort already knew Harry's address, like Shanie quoted earlier he mentions that he can't touch Harry there (with his relations) - so he might know already but also knows that he can't do anything so hasn't attacked there yet. Although, it would be a plan of attack for sure Megajoint unless Dumbledore has some spells on the house too just in case.

tassie
yeah well the Umbridge thing was besides the point

but Malfoy would know it would make no use to ask for Harry's address, because Voldermort still cannot go to Privet Drive and steal Harry away from the Dursleys, simply it's one kind of power basically which is preventing Voldy from Harry, but when Voldy took Harry's blood, that only enabled him to touch Harry, as Shanie said, but the protection of his family and the love of his mother can't be broken by just taking some of his blood. It's deeper than that.

umm... i think that's it... someone can correct me if i'm wrong..

tassie
oh, grrr.... you posted before me!

lol jk

RebelPhoenix
I'm sorry lol angel

celestial_moon
but is malfoy a deatheater yet?

tassie
Who, Lucius? Yeah, he is

celestial_moon
i meant malfoy...*slaps head* MY GOD I AM STUPID! malfoy would report 2 his father...god dangit

tassie
you mean Draco? big grin

Well, i suppose, like father, like son

celestial_moon
lol sorry about that

tassie
S'ok, trust me, i have a worse memory than you..

celestial_moon
i can beat any1 in that competition! i swear on sirius's grave!

megajoint
she meant probably about draco...he's not DE yet.

I wanted to know how far the protection on his house go.
like: only his house,the yard also,or the whole street..????
if the house only voldemort could've got harry when he was outside the house...to ambush him....(sure the address of harry is important!!)
and smart of DD to post mrs.figg on his street nobody will suspect her of being witch! on the other hand stupid she can really do the little magic any magic user can.(Squib)
and how DD thought mrs.figg could help harry on the past years when none of the order visit her house and keep watch on harry?

celestial_moon
the order hadn't assembled until voldemort came back. plus, she could report 2 DD up until he arrived at hogwarts.

tassie
Well, as far as how the protection goes, i think that as long as he's under the guard and the watch of his aunt and uncle, Voldemort can't harm him. That's why he was warned about wandering about at the beginnin of OOTP.
So yeah it was kinda risky for Harry himself, and true, Voldemort would have been able to catch Harry off-guard when he went around wandering, but Voldemort also understood that that in itself was risky because of the fact that he knows there's a greater power preventing him from Harry as long as he's at home.
So there are two ways to look at it i suppose: from Harry's and Voldy's point of view.

And with the Mrs Figg part, i think celestial_moon answered that

celestial_moon
but if voldemort found out he couldnt go 2 attack privet drive when harry's there wouldn't he attack privet drive while harry's at school?

tassie
umm.... i'm sorry, but what would be the point of attacking Privet Drive if Harry's not there? confused

big gay kirk
The reason Voldemort never went to Privet Drive is that he couldnt make head nor tail of the Muggle rail timetables.... and he couldn't afford the fares on the Knight Bus....

tassie
hmm... interesting theory^^

megajoint
yea very interesting... magic user live in a small community unlike muggles,that taking most of the world....

for pure blood it's suppose to be very hard to find someone or a place
in the muggle world...the problem is voldy is a half blood although he hate his muggle father he lived in a orphanage all his life he suppose to master the muggle way maybe he do or ask someone to do an oblivious(sp?) on him.(I'm not believing it)

celestial_moon
and once again, big gay kirk strikes again...

tassie
...and sets everyone off-track..

celestial_moon
thank u

big gay kirk
Don't mention it....

shanie623
laughing out loud

celestial_moon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.