select pic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
It looks like some sort of bounty hunter, what do you all think?

Darth Daft
I also believe it is a bounty hunter. I'm going to leave space as this could be a possible spoiler
According to the Force.net after the possible scene in which there is a chase through the streets of Coruscant, the main characters enter some sort of nightclub and an assassination takes place. Those lights behind the possible bounty hunter do look like they may belong in a nightclub.

King Jedi
I think it's going to be strange seeing a night club in the middle of Ep2.

Darth Daft
I think its a good idea to start seeing the sort of things that are in the real world, rather than podrace arenas and Deathstars. It would make the film more believable and realistic. I mean, I know its sci-fi, and I still like all these fantasy locations, but there's no way that there wouldn't be any nightclubs on Coruscant. So I wanna see one of them.

King Jedi
But Star Wars is set "A long time ago". It deals with Kings and Queens and Knights and Armies. They are all ancient things and then we are going to have a nightclub in amogst all of this.

Darth Daft
Yeah why not? I don't think Star Wars is just ancient things. It's a mixture of both ancient and futuristic. And besides, if they had a cantina in ANH then why not a fancy nightclub in Episode 2?

King Jedi
The Cantina reminded me of a Saloon from a western. Nightclubs are too modern even for Coruscant. Can you imagine in Ep2 a scene on Tatooine then we suddenly go to a scene in a nightclub. I don't like the idea of it.

Darth Daft
I see nothing wrong with it at all. Perhaps the nightclub isn't like the ones we get on earth. Perhaps it is still old fashioned like the Cantina was, but still with the same sort of characteristics as a nightclub. Bit hard to explain. I think it's the whole atmosphere of different locations in Star Wars that make people like them or not. Real nightclubs don't have the right sort of atmosphere for Star Wars, they're too loud and techno. But if it is toned down a little and given some sort of feeling that suits the saga then it should work fine.

Dim
I wonder if we're going to see another dance number...kind of like the Club Obi-Wan scene in the Temple of Doom...

Darth Daft
Personally I'd rather we didn't. It would waste valuable time where we could be seeing story or action elements instead.

Dim
laughing out loud But what if they ran through the music/dance number??...

Darth Daft
Heh heh, I don't think that's likely. But then again, I guess you could imagine a shootout in the nightclub as the dancers and singers are still carrying on in a sort of comic way.

queeq
Well, I guess we need a musical number of some sort. We had the Band March at the end of TPM, which is somewhat like the Cantina music. Would be nice to have something here as well, unless it's tradition that the second episode in a SW trilogy has no musical number.

But with a Nightclub we can rest assured there'll be something. Maybe Anakin jumps on stage to do some Karaoke ("maybe Vader some day later..."wink

queeq out

Mace23
Why wouldn't there be any clubs on Coruscant. I realize the story took place a long time ago but come on look out how far more advanced they were in other areas. Last time I checked we can't jump to lightspeed. It's all up to GL to tell us whether or not there were clubs or not.

King Jedi
There probably are night clubs on Coruscant but I just don't want to see one. We will go from the desert to swamps and then nightclubs. It doesn't make any sense. It would be like watching two different films unless they make it look older like the Cantina.

Ratcat
In I Jedi, (not canon I know) they descibe the lower levels of Curuscant as consisting of restaurants, nightclubs and bars with all the real business going on in the upper levels.

Kinda like you average big city on a planetary scale.

theEviljedi
I still don't know this so help me out.What does canon mean?

Darth Daft
I think it just means the films themself rather than EU stuff.

theEviljedi
Finally the answer.smile Thanks Daft.

Darth Daft
No prob. Although that may not be the entire answer. That's only what I've worked out from other posts on the site.

theEviljedi
It's good enough for me.smile

Darth Daft
By the way, back on topic, does anyone think that BH looks a bit like Zuckuss from TESB?

King Jedi
BH?
EJ canon means fact,set in stone, can't be changed. Only the films are canon.

Darth Daft
I meant the Bounty Hunter in the select pic. Do you think he looks like Zuckuss?

King Jedi
Not really. It's supposed to be Zam Wessel.

Darth Daft
Who's he/she?

King Jedi
A bountyhunter that Leanna Walsman is rumored to be playing.

Darth Daft
Oh right. Cool. I hope we see more BHs in action.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.