Ella Enchanted!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jimmy Cokes
So... first time poster long time lsitener. Glad to be here, Howard...

Anyway, I'm a movie buff, daughter is too. She's 14. As such, when she was a smaller I read her Ella Enchanted, which is a shockingly good kids book, sort of a female empowerment Cinderella.

So now we see there's a movie coming out, which is a great thing, because the really great kids' books don't get made into movies (that money gets spent on giving Harry Potter movie even more cheesy effects). But the trailer isn't perfect. Got a lot of stuff that wasn't in the book and I'm a little bummed cause this book would make a really good movie and I'm hoping they didn't ruin it.

That said, it's a really good book and I'll be there opening day with my kid. Anyone else seeing this?

The Unknown
I'm going to see it (pretty good book, but was pretty much a copy of Cinderella towards the end), but I haven't seen any trailers of it. When does it come out?

SlayerChick1188
I am! I remember reading that book in middle school! Its a a surprisingly good story for a fairy tale...

Kes
Trailer

Lady_Eowyn3
Has anyone heard of the new movie Ella Enchanted, "based" on the book by Gail Carson Levine? I have been a fan of this book for six yrs. since I was in 5th grade and now when they finally make a movie about it, they do it completely WRONG!!!!! mad First of, i don't remember ELLA FIGHTING THE OGRES AWAY KARATE KID STYLE!!!!! mad and then Vivica A. Fox is playing Lucinda, who is clearly described in the book as white and Minnie Driver playing the part of Mandy, AN OLD FAT FAERY GODMOTHER!!!! and of course Anne Hathaway gets the part of Ella, a fifteen yer old even though she looks late teen early twenties!!!!!! mad They completely ruined a wonderful book for millions and that's always great now isn't it?

Tired Hiker
That sucks when they do that.

lil tears

enchantress
the movie is nothing like the book.
Ella doesn't really fight the curse. the magic book mandy gives her is called benny the book for crying out loud! sad
apparently mandy turned him into a book 20 years previously whilr trying to cut his hair. the thing is mandy doesn't do big magic! there is a char fan club and hattie is the president. And there is a MALL! with wooden esculators! and alot more.
it is nothing like the book

Orlando Bloom03
Ya Ella Enchanted waz a good book... and it was alot like Cinder"ELLA" get it? My friend Katie introduced it to me!

BingaBonga
Wait... there's going to be a movie??? Yay! I loved it.

*Georgina_A*
i've seen the trailer but never knew it was a book. i don't think the trailer looks that good...

Gracylou2772
i saw it and i thought it was pretty good but it seemed to be a shrek wannabe at the end of the movie

silver_tears
you are so slow no expression

and I liked the movie myself big grin

redfrogs19
im going to see this movie too! so i think it will be good! big grin

jeffer_wrote
the movie is alright...read the book, and i think it is inevitable that changes would be made once translated to the screen....ok, my thoughts while watching this film:

....reminded me of those Disney fairy tale animated films where the characters break into song suddenly...nice soundtrack. I amthinking of buying one...

...can Anne HathawayMinnie Driver...wonder she even agreed...

...Hugh Dancy as Prince Charmont is hot! i liked him in King Arthur as Galahad, but in this film, he's a looker...smile i liked it that he was not made out to be a helpless prince whose fate is left entirely in the hands of the heroine...smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.