Will AOTC get a fair deal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
It seems that some people have already decided that AOTC is going to suck. Mainly because they didn't like a couple of 60 second trailers or they were dissapointed with TPM.

Or there are more ridiculous reasons like -
"N'Sync will ruin this movie for me"
or
"Hayden Christiansen is a bad choice for Anakin"
or
"Dooku is to old to be the bad guy"

When TPM was released I stopped visiting AICN because people there were threatening to kill Lucas kids because he had somehow "ruined their childhood". roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's how bad it's got.
The fanboys have gone mad, the press read the fanboys comments on the net and suddenly everyone hates Star Wars.

Then you have all the cynics who didn't like Star Wars in the first place and the fans who don't think Star Wars is cool anymore because the characters don't wear shades and long black leather coats like the Matrix.
They've all forgot why they liked Star Wars to begin with. Or maybe they never really did.

It seems everyone is lining up to take a shot at AOTC and the film is still over 4 months away.

I think Star Wars fandom is not what it once was. There is no civility, only closed-minded impatience. The Internet is full of whiny, squabbling reactionaries. There is no interest in the fundamental goodness of the Star Wars saga. If I may say so, the petty haters have smugly concluded that Lucas has little real talent. He is mired by baseless accusations of corruption. The hatemongers are in charge of popular opinion now.

Or are they?

yerssot
I think there are always whiners, I'm not that long on the net, so I don't know.

But from what I've seen AOTC is going to be a classic one

King Jedi
But will it matter? As far as I'm concerned TPM was great. It had some classic scenes that are better than anything I've seen in any other movie. It more than lived up to anything I hoped for.

But that doesn't count because the widespread opinion is that every Star Wars fan hated TPM. That's because of all the haters.

And they've already decided that AOTC is going to be terrible. I don't think AOTC stands a chance of getting a fair deal whether it's a classic film or not. sad

yerssot
They haven't seen the movie yet, and opinons can change

LanceWindu
I don't care about those haters, I am going to see this SW story all the way through.

ToMacco
Everyone will still see it.

Then when they see that it doesn't suck, they will claim "Oh, I never said that it would be bad!" Typical idiot stuff, you know?

LanceWindu
Yeah all of those haters out there are true idiots.

finti
i have to make up my own mind, never listen to critics anyway. They always seem to like Italian and Spanish movies and only them.

Ratcat
As I said here:

http://forums.killermovies.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=103723#post103723

sand person no. 10
lets face facts, if anything is critically aclaimed chances are its gonna suck considerable ass. i could spend all day naming bands, albums, films, books that the critics loved because they were different. look at the pathetic things that win art prizes. In britain some zoon won the Turner Prize (our highest art award) for turning a light switch on and off. critics know naff all.

as for these idiots who are already criticising a film they haven't even seen yet, they may as well look at a book and say they have read it cover to cover.

Only time will tell and i'm sure time will tell a very good story.

Julie
I don't care what the whiners or anybody else think of AOTC. I'll probably see it a dozen times even if I don't like it. In my mind, Star Wars AOTC will be good no matter what.

Ushgarak
What, it'll be good even if its bad?

LanceWindu
laughing out loud Well no matter what I am going to see it, buy, it, and wear it out until the DVD for it comes out.

SilentMike
You know the TPM might have not been as refreshing as the OT movies. But Lucas could be on Star Wars 81 and it would still be five hundred times better than some crapola like "The Fifth Element" or god knows those "Star Trek" movies.

Debbie
what pisses me off about a lot of people is that they claim star wars is garbage and too unreal and unbelievable but they have never actually sat down and watched the trilogy. Most of my friends know that i am a real star wars nut and a lot of them like the trilogy but there are one or two that make me want to go and a killing spree when they make dumb comments about something they know nothing about.

its a case of count to ten, breathe, what do they know anyway and if you kill them you won't get to see the new star wars on the big screen.

As for the critics well what can you say. I think that AOTC is going to be great and i loved PM. You just can't please some people so why even try. its a case of you can't please all the people all of the time only some people some of the time. I think george lucas is going to go down in history as one of the most brilliant film makers of all time and he has lots of TALENT

King Jedi
I completly agree. I have a freind who is always slagging TPM and I just found out that he's never seen it all the way through. He's only watched it up until Qui-Gon meets Anakin. He's never seen beyond that.
He even goes on about how bad the pod race is and he's never even seen it! And that's what my initial point was. Some people don't even give it a chance.

Ushgarak
On the other hand, there are a lot of people who would love it even if it was bad. Maybe it all evens out.

King Jedi
But strangley, those people don't annoy me as much. smile

yerssot
bleurgh the pod race! smile
and I've seen the whole movie! ha!

Julie
Good and bad is all a matter of opinion. I'm merely going out on a limb and saying that AOTC will be good....From MY certain point of view.

The pod race was ok.

The last twenty minutes of TPM were the best part.....also my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.