small things that you wished were in the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

angelsflame265
Yes there are those big things like no scouring of the shire crybaby that happened in the book, but they also changed some things just a little or kept a part out that didn't really matter which one of the small things did u get sad about when they weren't in the movie. Mine was when Saruman changed from Saruman the White to Saruman of many colors I really liked that part "I liked white better" Gandalf hehe smile

Aurora
I missed the whole part of the shire in between when Bilbo leaves and the hobbits leave Buckland.... I just love that in the books that Merry and Frodo are sooooo much closer than they seem in the movie. And more of Merry of Course..... !!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowy_blue
This is not necessarily small but just go figure out through my avatar and sig. big grin There's a possibility it will be in the EE though. So I still have some hope. love

Kaleanae
Tom Bombadil! and his house, and how he helped the hobbits in the forest and when they went to his house sad

Bar-en-Danwedh
the barrow whight

merryandpipsgig
yeh wished that i was a small part in the movie hehehe like that'd ever happen errrrrr

lkotbr33
mouth of sauron

Lord_Andres
it'l be in the EE lkotbr33, anyway I wished that they had added Tom Bombadil and Prins Imrahil and Forlong the fat, and of corse Bergil and Beragond

eldarion
The part in the book where Arwen and Elrond have their last meeting. I think that would hvae been a real tear jerker sad

stedan82
I wish they would have had more dwarves or showed dwarf women

Discos
I wish someone would take my fan fiction serious smile

House of healing would have been nice to see,

also I am deciding wether we should have seen Aragorn & co commendere the pirates from the south's ships.....it gave us suspense and seeing the ships made me think Minas Tirith would be taking for sure - and also we didnt know the answer to the king of the dead yet

Chapel
okay im in the cinema, Grond is smashing through the gates of Minas Tirith and Gandalf has just shouted "whatever come through those gates, stand your ground" to the men of Gondor...

Im thinking "here come the witch king, here comes the witch king!!!"

What did we get, three poxy trolls and a load of scabby orcs

and Gandalf vs. witchking is going to be in EE I know but the Lord of the Nazgul is on his fell beast not a horse

mad

also while having Elves at helms deep make very good sense in the movie I don't think so many of them should have died so cheaply at the hands of a load of Uruk hai scum

everyone goes on about Tom Bombadil being AWOL in the film but no one ever mentions Bill Ferny do they?

and you think the Steward of Gondors mother could have taught him some table manners!

Discos
lol I found Denithors manners very amusing "spleet"

you are quite right, at Helms Deep it seemed from that roughly 400 people that 20 odd survived through it (not counting womena nd children in the cave)

ATM4eternity
I really wish they had Beregond, and then at the black gates when pippin kills a troll to save beregond..... i mainly just wanted to see pippin kill a troll

Bar-en-Danwedh
fatty bolger!!!

Remuslupin
I would have liked to see the troll that pippin killed to save beregond

samIam
yeah !!! me too!!! i was looking forward to seeing that whole thing !!

Phoenix
Sam's magic dirt!

pip-foot
the hobbits adventures to buckland and then to bombadil ( iknow its not small, but...) the elves, the tree that took merry and pippin, the house of bombadil, and teh barrow wights

wfdstgshahd
Glorfindel helping Frodo roll eyes (sarcastic)

sauron
something i wish was in the books and movies

a wasp.....yes a wasp....he could sting lurtz's hand...and he would move in shock..and boromir would LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunatelly wasps dont do movies unless they are getting high pay...lazy bastards mad THAT WAS A LIFE YO COST!!!!

il never eat honey-os again

Discos
lol poor sauron, but wait dont we have faramir as well....there now do you feel better.

smaller things eh......I wish we got to see more of the moth, cause then we knew what else would be coming.

sauron
yeah mothy could have stuck his big teeth into that juicy uruk...after all they would listen to him...hes witchy

muse5
the last quote in my sig, like shadowy's explains what i missed, i have hope too

Iirima
I love the moth! my friend named it Steve. Oops, you didn't need to know that, did you? But I also wanted to see Tom Bombadil.

Discos
Steve, how dare you mock Brian!

Iirima
Sorry! You named him Brian? *laughs* I'm not laughing at you, because Steve is just as straaaange. I like the moth. It's, like, my 2nd fave character. after Haldir.

sauron
mothy is named murazor...aka witchking...aka tom bombadil...aka treebeard big grinbig grinbig grin

Iirima
Wow. I heard my friend say that Tom Bombadil is the witch-king. TREEBEARD??! Why him? he's also one of my favorite characters. *sighs dejectedly* why do my favorites *always* have to be the very minors?

Is his name REALLY Murazor? Like, did Tolkein name him that? Or just u?

Exa
Ewwww yeah I also missed such a wasp.... missed it a lot mad poor Boromir.......

Maikahyandowen
the sons of Elrond. they're sooooo cool!!!!! and the elves that were at the battle of Minis Tirith

sauron
irima lol no its just me and some of my friends big grin

we got the witchy theory from a site...and i thought up the treebeard one lol...and (who was it) thought up the mothy one big grin

we have valid reasons big grinbig grin

Maikahyandowen
the scouring of the shire.....

Iirima
Ahhaha, good to know! I wish that Elladan or Elrohir were in lotr. I looked eeeeverywhere for them, but nooo, look what Peter Jackson did! But really, he did better than I though possible. But why Figwit (I lurve his name) get in and not Arwen's brothers? Why? WHY? *WHYYY*??!?

Maikahyandowen
Figwit? blink huh

Iirima
All I have to say is: DON'T ASK ME. Well...maybe ask me. But even better, go here:

FIGWIT LIIIIIIIIVES!!

Maikahyandowen
uhhh....... moving on......

sauron
figwit RULES

he is so totally the power behind elron.......i mean I can see it

and big flaming eyes see all big grinbig grin

irima..your new...hello big grin stick out tongue welcome..

Maikahyandowen
you people have FAR too much spare time.

Iirima
Good idea...back to thread topic...

Maikahyandowen
when Pippin meets the son of one of the tower guards and the kid is taller than him. that was funny.

Iirima
oh yeah, I'M NEW!! I forgot that for a minute... yesh, i have faaar too much spare time, but that's cuz I'm homeschooled and school only takes me 3 hours. smile It's 2:15 where I live. But anyway, that was quite random...

Iirima
When is that??

Maikahyandowen
just after Pippin joined them, and he was wandering around the city.

Exa
You mean Beregonds son bergil? Yeah I also missed him sad I missed a lot of the Minas-Tirith-athmosphere...

sauron
in the book.....

then pippin comes out like well im 30 something so i pass you there big grin

Iirima
Okay! Thanx!

Bar-en-Danwedh
galadriel tells legolas that if he ever goes near water and hears segulls (or some bird of the sea) that he will never again be able to do anything but long for travell to the undying lands. and then it happens when they attack the corsairs

Iirima
Ah, poor Legolas!

Kitoky
The fact that they didn't show the elves of Caras Galadhon didn't give Boromir his gift in FotR!! mad mad mad mad

I think I'd want them to make reference to wear the Hobbits REALLY got their blades, so that everyone doesn't wonder, "Oh my god, the Witch King got killed by a little man with hairy feet and a girl."

Bar-en-Danwedh
treebeard quotes him twice...

shadowy_blue
I think that Bergil will be in the EE. I saw his name on the credits and I also saw a pic of him recently.

Iirima
YAAAAY!! But I wish that they showed the EE in the movie theaters. sad Oh well...

Maikahyandowen
we can only dream...... at the end when Legolas and Gimli go all over Middle Earth together.

Bar-en-Danwedh
they played the first two EEs in cinemas so I'm sure they'll play all 3 at the end of the year....

angelsflame265
that'd be cool if I have the money to go i'll go to the theaters to see all 3 EE i'd be a happy little child

Maikahyandowen
my eyes would fall out of my head afterwards. BUT IT'D BE WORTH IT DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!drooltv_happy

muse5
i really missed Sam calling Gollum slinker and stinker, i know that he did it once in ttt, but that was so great in the book, i also missed how gimli gave Hama and the rest of the guards of Meduseld a hard time for leaving his ax at the front door, that was entertaining

Maikahyandowen
Glorfindel. he should've been in there!!!

anaritearbina
Bill Ferny! And the barrow wrights! And Faramir and Eowyn. And the magic dirt. And the scowering of the shire. ANd the pool outside of Moria. And Glorifindel. And the song of Boromir that lasts for like two chapters in the book (that was a major part of the book how could they cut it) And they should have had quickbeam. and Gildor and all the other things they left out.

Kaleanae
Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadil!!!! sad

Maikahyandowen
and when Sam throws an apple at a guy as they're leaving Bree

woodelf
Legolas singing.

Iirima
GLORFINDEL!!!!! sad

Lady Bri
scouring of the shire, tom bombadil, glorfindel, the part in RotK where Gandalf shows Aragorn the lil White Tree, and the Houses of Healing. i wish those were there!

Maikahyandowen
Sam getting the seed for the Lothlorian tree from Galadriel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.