Picture problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iluvorlando
Me and my computer are not getting along....so I must enlist in some outside help! I have been working on a signature collage for a while now, but whenever I try to upload it, I am told that it is too large of a file. Now this may very well be, but half of the problem is that my actual work is about ten times smaller then the page it is on....but i have no idea how to make the page smaller, or in other words how to upload JUST my pics, and not the work space around it! (I'm not sure if i'm making any sense here.) So, if any of you guys have some ideas, or helpful comments please post them! Or if you would like me to further explain my retarded problem I would be happy to do so! smile

Raz
I think what you're looking for is cropping there should be an option in your image editor. Also make sure you save the picture as a jpeg.

As always, I recommend IrfanView as the free option.

rusky
yup...just find the buton which says crop and drag a selection around the part of the image u want to KEEP, then crop.

yerssot
shoot, raz beat me to it stick out tongue

silver_tears
do you per chance get paid everytime someone from here downloads that shifty
thats the solution to every problem stick out tongue

Fitch
irfan is really kewl....user friendly...and free !! eek!
but indeed maybe Raz meister gets somethin' from them shifty

Raz
I wish! The fact that it's free might give you a clue wink

rusky
well..u might get something for getting people to click a link that automatically uses part of their bandwith to vote on site where u get money for it in return an no-one ever knows.. muhaha. evil face....or maybe not.... hmm...I should try that sometimes...
Hey guys...click here Click me and feel good!

silver_tears
I better feel good after or I'm suing for false advertising raver

Fitch
rusky.....I can figure out where you redirect me wink...and I'd kill ya and leave the boards.You ain't a good forum admin stick out tongue

rusky
well that's why raz's the the admin stick out tongue
Trust me....u'll feel good.... cool

silver_tears
*hires lawyers* why I oughta stick out tongue

Fitch
u'll feel good without users or what ? eek!

iluvorlando
thanx for your suggestions guys.....i finally got it to upload...but i think its really small, we'll see what it looks like after i post it.....

iluvorlando
I'm sorry to report....that although under my profile it shows that i have uploaded a new pic.....for some reason its not showing up......i'm now considering giving up......maybe my pic is just meant to be orlando for the rest of my life.

iluvorlando
Hey guys, i'm pretty sure that no one is reading this thread any more...but just in case....THANX! as you can see I finally got it to work. It might not be the best sig ever, but at least i finally got it loaded! thanx for your advice!

iluvorlando
by the way....how do you guys get your sigs so big?.....mine is like ten times smaller then all of yours, but when i uploaded it i made it as big as it would let me.....

Fitch
don't quite follow ya...your sig is small,if you wan't a bigger one upload a bigger one.That's all...

iluvorlando
lol, yeah, i know....but when i try to upload somthing larger it tells me that the file is too large, or that the dimensions are too big....so, i made mine as big as i could....but then i got to looking at other ppls sigs, and theirs are obviously bigger then mine...thats why i didn't understand how they got them uploaded. Cuz I made mine as big as it could be (or so I thought) and its relatively small in comparison (i hope i made a bit more sense.....prolly not though smile)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.