The Day After Tomorrow [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I've been waiting for a movie like this for ages. I'm probabaly just as excited for this as i am for Spiderman 2

www.thedayaftertomorrow.com

watch the trailer, it's amazing.

Darth Vicious
Damn i saw the trailer yesterday and it looks wicked and promising, we'll have to wait and see!

duffy
OMG that looks so good

Kes
Another American end of the world type movie roll eyes (sarcastic)
Plot Outline sounds like crap:
"A climatologist tries to figure out a way to save the world from abrupt global warming. He must get to his young son in New York, which is being taken over by a new ice age. "

But the cast is good:
Dennis Quaid .... Professor Jack Hall
Jake Gyllenhaal .... Sam Hall
Emmy Rossum .... Laura
Sela Ward .... Lucy

BackFire
Disaster flicks are getting old.

No, i diagree with both Kes and Backfire, they aren't getting old at all. The ones that have been done don't give the disasters an epic feel to it; I think this one might. And how many have been out recently?
The end of the world plot line is very interesting to me. For example the only part of AI i liked was the whole scene with showing New York underwater.

Kes
The Core should have given ppl that disaster movies suck big time.

...who saw that movie? i know i didn't

i'm talking about well made disaster movies. This one looks like it'll be good. The last disaster movie that i thought was good was Deep Impact and that came out in 1998

Kes
True I like Deep impact.
But didnt like Armaggedon, Independence day and the Core.
And these movies are just to American.

What you mean "too american"

and independence day i thought was great too-The day after tomorrow is by the same director too

Kes
We are the best!

huh?...random

Kes
We(Americans) are the saviours.
THe best messed

Kes
But lets get back to the movie.

Myth
There may have been a thread about this in the past but I've never seen one. So... what does everybody think of this new disaster movie thats coming out? Looks great to me but I'm scared because I'm known for being very disappointed in disaster movies. For some reason everybody loved Armageddon, Twister (ok), and The Core (j/k). But seriously, do you guys think this one will be better than all of these other disaster movies? I know I hope so.

nightcrawer89
this movie look fantastic a cool sci fi movie for the summer time. if any one wants more info ask.

BarmyBrummie
I've seen pictures and it looks pretty cool big grin thumb up

nightcrawer89
i think its look cool do you

lil tears
I am looking forward to this movie having seen the trailer a few times in cinemasbig grin
However any notice that the trailer has similar music to LotR in the beginning? huh
Or is it just me.......

Also where were the people who are seen at the end if they were not affected?
and I sincerely hope that the whole movie will not be in the dodgy camera views erm

andyF1
the trailer looks good, it does have a good cast.

it could happen soon

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0130-11.htm

BackFire
I've yet to see a good disaster movie that isn't simply formulaic. Most of them are just tedius and boring too me. Armageddon was the only one that I can watch on occasion, but that's also too long, drawn out, and typical.

How many different sub-plots can you have with the same exact main plot of the world ending? Will Day After Tommorow be any different? I doubt it, but we'll see.

KRUGER RULES
THE DAY AFTER TOMMOROW, LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME AND INTENSE MOVIE.........................................................................

HockeyHorror
i wouldn't consider it a horror movie...and please dont type in All Caps

ragesRemorse
just another money making attempt at a formula that always works, apocalyptic situations. nothing original about it. now the end of the world premise can be a wide area for a story but it never is, now is it ?

Zilverz
I just wanted to get my bump in before this thread gets LOCKED or MOVED haha

movie does look cool though

nightcrawer89
i saw preveiw online and i loved it i can't wait

johnny.d girl
i think it looks good but i'm not that dessperet 2 c it
grrrrrr i have 2 wait longer than u guys coz i live in australia and i've only seen the trailer 2 timescrybaby oh well i'll get over it

botankus

nightcrawer89
ok

sentinelrv
The best disaster movie I ever saw was Dante's Peak. I love that movie. I think this movie looks good too.

debby
i think this movie rocks !!
i found some pictures from it, please post all your'e pictures
from the day after tomorrow here.

debby

debby

debby

lil bitchiness
Jake Gylenhaall is gonna be in that, I cant wait. Oh and there are two other 'day after tomorrow' threads wink

debby

debby

debby
here is a link, this website has many things of the movie, it's amazing !! http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/d/dayaftertomorrow.php

burlyman
theres a short clip of the floods coming in new york, on msn big grin

botankus
Uh, what movie distribution company do you work for? You post a ton of pics in (as) your posts.

debby
i found some more pictures, here they come :

debby

debby
sorry the pictures are to big

debby
on this site are some wicked pictures from day after tomorrow, and 4 movie poster's :http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/movies.php?id=160

debby
i found the new trailer of the day after tomorrow, here it comes : http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/dayaftertomorrow/trailer2/large.html

vagaryatwill
That trailer is one of my favorites so far this year. Those special affects look pretty sweet. Don't know how much of a plot there is, but I'll still see it.

LeatherLep43
www.thedayaftertomorrow.com

This movie is so going to ROCK! I love movies like this. It's about global warming. And how all these cities are destroyed by the ever drastically changing weather. This movie is going to look so good. (Even though most of it was filmed in front of a blue screen.)

Always keep in mind, that things like this can and will happen in the future. So enjoy Earth as it is now, before it goes away. Keep in mind, there is an asteroid coming to Earth in a couple of years. And the Pentagon leaked out a report about Climate Changes on the Earth a few months ago.

Global Warming is a change of weather. Causing different ecosytems to die off. Humans might even die off! Can you believe that? I do. No one knows what will happen tomorrow, or the day after that.

Me: "Mrs. Tennery, when will the Earth end?"
Mrs. Tennery: "It could happen tomorrow."
The whole class' mouths dropped.

Scientists are not always right about what will happen. We might all die tomorrow. Isn't that weird?

Go watch the movie!!!

xmen fan
heard it was freaky

xmen fan
my mom's wanting to see it,i guess it would be ok,i don't know about awsome tho! blink

LeatherLep43
Ok, who took my name off of this topic? I created it yesterday. I've been waiting for replies all day and come here to find some idiot take it away from me. What does merge mean anyways?

Dario Argento
It looks boring. I hate disaster movies.

caballera
it means there was another discussion already about the same thing, so the two discussions got put together into one

caballera
i'm excited for this movie and also for i, robot. it's about time somebody made a big- budget asimov movie!! both trailers are on budweiser.com/1 under entertainment!!!

manny321
well some crappy disater tv film was able to get 19 million viewers on both nights. If those crappy affects can attarct 19 million, Dat will easily top 250 million at the boxoffice. Beat ID may be?? Looks great and should do well at boxoffice.

Kes
Disaster movies tend to do quite well, specially in the U.S.

mailedbypostman
I like it. I mean, i just seem hooked on disaster movies. Those scenes of new york buried in ice and stuff is what i like about them

theone0103
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE SINCE I SAW THE DISCRIPTION IN JANUARY!!!

THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER IN 2004!!

I CANT WAIT!

mailedbypostman
Me neither.

mailedbypostman
What happened here?

Kes
What the f**k?

Ushgarak
From what I see, this film is extremely eco-hysterical and also tries to sneak in some partisan politcal points about Kyoto. Feeble.

fanatos
It's a mind blowing killer movie! I watched it 30 minutes ago! smile

Sith Master X
Great. I'm going to see the movie later today. I'm pretty big on disaster flicks so this one looks pretty exciting.

SMX
cool

fanatos
It is exciting. The tornados, ice & snow, the flooding look so real! The music is awesome too.

ash007
Wow ush considering you have not watched this movie yet.
so watch it before judgeing it

ok

Stormy Day
I cant wait to see it.

I dont mean to sound like a wimp but im scared of heights and stuff like that and just looking at all these things on screen I might get woozy blink

xemir
I give the movie a 5 out of 10. Corney in some parts but Good in other parts and the effects are excellent but to bad they gave em all away in the trailers.

Ushgarak
I am not judging the quality of the film- I am saying making cheap political points in a movie, and being eco-hysterical, is feeble. This I stand by.

Cinemaddiction
Saw it, loved it, easily the best disaster movie in recent history.

Stormy Day
You changed your sig again CA.

I know im gonna love this movie.

TheDirector
This movie rocked!! Did anyone else feel cold after leaving the theater?

celestial_moon
i heard it was sad.

Myth
Compared to what? The Core? There hasn't been much recent disaster movies recently, has there?

Cinemaddiction
The Core, Armageddon, Deep Rising, Hard Rain, 28 Days Later, Independence Day, Volcano, Daylight, and if you want to count it, Dante's Peak.

It's one of the best, right up there with The Poseidon Adventure.

Stormy Day
nice sig CA

I like from that list Amageddon,ID4,volcano,dantes peak

Myth
Ok, so late 90s is recent. I was trying to figure out your definitition of recent.

I'll probably dislike The Day After Tomorrow because IMO, disaster movies are corny pieces of crap (IMO). Plus they are usually way to unrealistic (yes, I know they are just hypothetical situations).

The Core: SUCKED MOST! Can't see how anybody could defend this one.

Armageddon: Entertaining but too corny and unrealistic for me.

Deep Rising: Haven't seen it. Do you mean Deep Impact? I liked how a large part of the meteor or whatever did hit but still wasn't a fan.

Hard Rain: Never saw it.

28 Days Later: I wouldn't count this as a disaster movie. But I didn't like it anyway.

Independence Day: I like this more than the others. Its very entertaining. Still doesn't mean I'm a big fan, its just better than the others because I like aliens and UFOs and crap.

Volcano: Corny

Daylight: Haven't seen.

Dante's Peak: This is probably one of my favorite disaster movies because its pretty realistic.

I'm going to add "Twister" to your list:
Twister: This one is ok. But come on, its a little too fake how easily they found the tornados.

BarmyBrummie
I saw it. I loved it. The special FX were mind blowing but the plot line was a little cheesy with the whole father and son thing. The movie really freaked me and my friend out cuz one day soon, that is really gonna happen, not exactly like that but something similar no expression

Myth
The cheesy part that you are talking about is probably the corny thing I was talking about that will make me dislike this movie.

Lord Shadow Z
Disaster movies are really horrible and corny 'human beings standing united(mostly Americans, because of course America's the centre of the universe in these films) against the onrush of nature itself' just makes me want to be sick.
The only ones I thought were okay to some extent was Twister and Independance Day, the rest of them were absolutely crap and dire and boring.

Kes
I agree. Disaster movie are always way to corny and way to american. No offense but they are always the heros roll eyes (sarcastic) And trash everybody else. Independence day is a good example of that.
But BF liked this one so I'm expecting a bit more from it.

Cinemaddiction
I forgot "Deep Impact" which was about as anti-climactic as they come. "Deep Rising", from what I remember, is a movie w/ Christian Slater about some terrential rains that supposidly flood out a few cities.

Kes
Nope.
Deep Rising:A gang of jewel thieves board an empty luxury liner in the South Seas to find that the crew and passengers have been killed by a monster that kills its victims and sucks the water from their bodies that looks like a mix of a giant squid and the monster from "Aliens".

Hard Rainmessedet during a massive flood started by a dam accident in a small town, Christian Slater is an armored truck guard who gets robbed by Morgan Freeman. Slater gets away with all the money and hides it. In a panic, Slater tells the sheriff about the area he hid the money in and the sheriff locks him up. Now Slater has to get to the money and keep himself alive battling the sheriff, Morgan Freeman and his crew and the elements.

Stormy Day
Independence Day was awesome I really loved it when I saw it.

The Core had some really good SFX but it was a little to long and corny for me.

Original Sin was the altimate DISASTER movie tho smile

xmen fan
AWESOME!!! i went to see The Day After Tomorrow,IT ROCKED!!!!!!! yes rock love thumb up

BlackRose87
I saw the film yesturday, and it was pretty gd, it did kinda make me think about stuff, or was that only me? lol

Tptmanno1
I saw The Day after Tommorow, I thought it was quite good. Also it was more of a global perspective too so that was refreshing. It was not Everything is happening to the US. There were some cool shots of Scotland freezing. And stuf happening alll over the world. IMO it had a Quite accurate of a political description of what might happen is a global disaster did occur.
But what really made the movie was the special effects and the overall idea.

§H@Ñ€
i'm going to see this movie on saturday!!!! i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Ryugen
Mate I'm from Scotland and trust me, it's not exactly the Carribian now is it. The north part is pretty much frozen anyway. I doubt we would noticed.

Kes
ID has the crappiest speech in movie history! Who writes these things???
The Core is not even worth mentioning.
Original sin...you're funny!

I saw this movie yesterday and it surprised me. I liked it quite a bit. Probably because it wasnt all cheesy (ok the scene with the fire fighter that comes back was really cheesy but) and hero thing.
It has a problem thou. In at least 2 scenes I'm reminded of other movies.

burlyman
I saw it today, it was good, great visual effects, but the sub-plots weren't great.

Stormy Day
ID4 was awesome!
Im with you on the core
I AM FUNNY big grin

fini
yeah good visuals

BUT for someone WHO DID CLIMATOLOGY, it was an insult to our intelligence.

YES global warming will lead to another ice age, but no way as fast as displayed in the movie

AND THE thing about the super storms pulling super cooled air form the upper atmosphere is absolute BULLSHIT!!!!!

finti
Nice effects in this one, but............ nah crappy story

silver_tears
I loved this movie love

I was upset that they didn't mention what happened to all the other northern countries, and if the people left from there to the ones south of the equator.

Kes
Well the director himself said the effects were speed up. I mean it is a movie ppl.

fini
yeah , but if it was meant to scare us, then at least do it properly!!!!!!!

silver_tears
I thought it was meant to evoke sympathy and teach people something about the planet.

Kes
Hey worked for me, not my fault you read so much into it. Its the same with meteor movies. All of a sudden a meteor shows up out of the blue and will hit earth in a few days/months (whatever)!!! Know what I mean?! Having this movie advance 100 years wouldnt work and in all fairness they do throw the "this shouldnt happen this fast" speech and the " we dont have precedents for this type of situation" worked for me.
Sorry it didnt work for you mate.

fini
it didn't work for me because i KNOW what is going on, dont need a movie to tell me that. I did climatology last semester anyway, so its fresh in my mind.

fanatos
I don't know if what i am gonna say is new (dont have time to check all the posts), but, did anyone notice a weird thing in the movie. A "logical mistake" maybe - when they showed the earth from outta space, the land in the northern hemisphere was covered with ice (it was white), but the land was surrounded by (blue) water (oceans) just as if there was no new ice age at all, and I think the oceans should have been frozen (white) as well. Don't you just agree? confused

Tex
Just rented it.
Its so unbelievably implausible it's laughable.

But of course this is a movie and not a documentary.

It was a fun popcorn flick I must say.
The cinematography and special effects were supered.

It's was so funny when Americans started illegally crossing the border into Mexico! laughing out loud

Mads Davidsen
i've bought the Day after Tomorrow here tha' 12th of Oct.

DeVi| D0do
This is the worst film I've seen since that awful John Travolta sci-fi flick.

Nevermind
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
This is the worst film I've seen since that awful John Travolta sci-fi flick.

I think you mean Battlefield Earth.

TDAT was such a awful film.

SlipknoT
Just rented it, bottom line, shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.