Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
How come all the mods have 40% more avatar now?

LanceWindu
Those are the new BETA Avatars.

They are testing them out I guess.

BTW they are not 40%

I've seen them as 36%-39% but not 40%

Darth Revan
yeah I know they're only 36% but Tex's says "40% more"

Raz
Don't believe anything he says wink

But for the time being, only mods will be allowed to have larger avatars. I am working on giving "special members" further benefits, including larger avatars.

Darth Revan
so tell me... who qualifies as "special", besides the mods?

Raz
People who we think make the most useful contribution to the forums. It's still in the planning stages but it will be like a reward system.

Tex
...and every avatar will have to be submitted and evaluated by me using my ultra secretive 10 point evaluation system - in order to be deemed worthy of larger status!

stick out tongue

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

badkittykitty
I'm still trying to figure out if your avatar is obscene or not tex...what the heck is that anyway??

LanceWindu
o0o..."Special Members"

Are these anything like "Special Brownies"?

laughing out loud

Who knows, maybe one day I will be a Special Member.

Darth Revan
a beige and brown thing...

Tex

Darth Revan
um... riiiiiight...

It still just looks like some random paint splotches...

Tex

LanceWindu

Dexx
i think it's a piece of nose hair of bjork's, there lance stick out tongue

so this is the gig with these avvies...only among you priviledged folks....oh well

Tex
laughing out loud

stinkfist462
so umm who are these special members .. do you have a clue at all yet ??

LanceWindu
1 special member would be me...hopefully. erm

stinkfist462
yeah .. i wish i could be speshul .. big grin

wicker_man
The proposed avatar increase in my personal opinion would be a good incentive for more members to not only stay with KMC but hopefully to offer a more constructive contribution to the overall running of the site, although in saying that KMC has a quite big fan base at present who need no incentives to stay as it already has alot to offer.
Just some feedback smile

stinkfist462
we have a bug fanbase ?? how many ?

silver_tears
is this all on top of eachother huh

badkittykitty
I can see that in your sig but I couldnt guess the avatar

silver_tears
I seriously think it is a winter scene with snow and all blink

badkittykitty
I thought it was a smashed insect...no offense tex embarrasment

silver_tears
lol maybe eek!
maybe you have to look at it upside down blink or like sideways shifty
or maybe even in a mirror ninja

LanceWindu
I agree.

I think Tex's mind has become dyslexic.

Or should I say...byslicix?

dragonpisces272
Oh I know, It lookes kinda like those ink-blot tests...what you see might be something different for everyone else.

badkittykitty
yea I think that might be it!

rusky
it looks like an alien mole from mars with giant tentacle-like tongues big grin
uh...right....well...i guess it COULD be Bjork big grin

Tex
Ohhh how scandalous!
My avatar is all the rage! raver

rusky
uh..oh.. roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

silver_tears
I say its all the ideas put together yes

Fitch
I can spot a Bjork from 3 posts away big grin

rusky
....and it's one of 'em nasty bjorks too big grin..

badkittykitty
is there another kind? laughing out loud

Fitch
not as I heard of..

Tex
a

Fitch
a ? hmm...shifty

silver_tears
another thought provoking post by Tex What the f**k?

Darth Revan
is it just me or does bkk have 2 different avatars on page 2? The avatar on the first post is a girl with blond hair and the rest of 'em have the usual cat...

silver_tears
it's just you blink

LanceWindu
Dude...it's just you.

Darth Revan
wtf I swear she had 2 different avatars on the same page the first time I looked at it... blink huh wacko

silver_tears
get help blink
or glasses geek

badkittykitty
actually I dont think he's crazy...I swear the same thing happened to me in the book forum when I was panning down a thread..it made made go a look again and then it was my new avatar.

The One Himself
Avatars and sigs are stored in the browser's cache to speed up navigation...After some time, the cache is erased and the browser stores the new avatar... It was the same with sigs but now when you upload a new sig, you automatically store it in the cache..

BOPRecruit 16
did the maximum size for kmc avatars change recently? i've just noticed that phoenix and tex have ones larger than mine. is this just for mods?

The One Himself
It's just for mods sad

LanceWindu
Please refer to the first page of this thread.

It explains everything.

BOPRecruit 16
don't you think that some of the other kmc users may find this unfair?

Darth Revan
see told ya stick out tongue

Fitch
only mods ? that's not right....erm....my lil' pig would look better bigger.He has cows in his feet wink

rusky
I'm sure raz will let us in on his "evil reward system scheme evil face" soon...

Dexx
ummm...neah..i'm pretty sure it merely for his world domination project.
so we can't have them *snif*

BakaXero
reward system?
wonder how thats gonna work?

Ahnold
How do you make a "useful contribution" to the site without being a mod? Sigh...

Tex
That whining 64x64 attitude will get you no where! stick out tongue

Ahnold
I don't think of it as "whining". I'm just trying a little self-improvement here... nothing wrong with that.

wicker_man
There are indeed many ways of making useful contributions without being in the role of a mod, such as informing the mods or the admin of any inappropriate material on the forum, alerting them to wrongly placed or duplicated threads or member socking not to mention coming up with suggestions that may help with the running of the forum itself, stuff along those lines.

Raz
thumb up

Trinity_Matrix
I was wondering about the sudden big avatar thing...

Oh, and by the way, I love your avatar, Raz...Kermit the Jedi Knight laughing out loud

wicker_man
Hope you don't mind me 'butting' in but the big avatar is only available to KMC authority (i.e. Mods and Admin) i believe Raz has said something about it being extended to 'certain members' on the basis of their contribution to the site although i may be wrong...if i am please correct me.

Raz
The latter part is still in planning stages.

wicker_man
Well i was 50% accurate smile cheers for clearing that up though.

Trinity_Matrix
Yes, I knew that it was only the mods with the big avatars.

Raz
Plus maybe special paying members.... shifty

Fitch
I pay in posts shifty

LanceWindu
Looks like I won't be seeing a larger avatar for me then. sad

Trinity_Matrix
Sneaky...

Here's an idea (I've seen this done on other forums before) -- you can get a larger avatar once you've gotten a certain number of posts. What do you think about that idea, Raz?

Dexx
yes, though i bet the the avatars won't be extended to anyone outside the mods, since raz would probably reach the conclusion that they'd only somewhat reinforce a ranking grid, just like why he removed the rankings and post count wink

am i right? stick out tongue

Trinity_Matrix
There was a ranking system here?

(showing off my newbie-ness...) stick out tongue

Vampiree
trinity: only if the posts in OTF won't count then... that way ppl will post any crap just to get more... -.-;;;

i'm SO not a special member... *sigh* oh well... i love my little chaber avatar...

Trinity_Matrix
Yeah, the OTF is just insanity...I used to be a member of this one message board that had a forum like the OTF and you could post in there all you wanted but it wouldn't add to your post count.

And I like my avatar yes

Vampiree
maaaaan... i opened a thread on OTF once, to talk with my mate... i made it, and went to answer the door... came back ofater ONE MINUTE and the thread already had THREE PAGES...

Raz
Thats why we have PM's wink

wicker_man
To be honest i don't think KMC has to resort to any incentives to get people to continue using its services, as its popular enough already..however the avatar increase may be a nice little bonus.

Just my opinion smile

Raz
But we mods need to stand out cool

Although I may find another way for that. In which case I can dish out larger avatars for everyone.

wicker_man
Nah, Raz i think the larger Avi's suit you guys (and gals to be politically correct).

The One Himself
*checks in his bank account...0!*
Do you accept credit card? Vital organs.... embarrasment

Raz
I accept 0!

Shoukan
so Raz ur thinking about adding rewards to KMC what a great ideathumb up

LanceWindu
There's this other forum I joined, haven't posted for a week or more cause I love KMC so much, but it has a rewards system that gives you points for posts, and other things you contribute to the forum, then there is a "Store" where you can upgrade your account to get custom titles, usernames, etc.

I can show you in PM's what I mean Raz, I think that some of the things could be fun to add to KMC.

Raz
I know of the Store. Its just not suitable here because we already get plenty of posts a day. Plus it will just mean more meaningless posts

LanceWindu
Hymm...

I'm sure you'll find even more bonuses for members, that will not cause meaningless posts and/or jealousy.

wicker_man
Hmm, I'm not sure if offering bonuses to certain members is a good idea i mean take a look at some of the feedback KMC was getting as a result of the mods getting increased sig sizes, just imagine if this was available to more members it would certainly cause some sort of split, backlash amongst the general KMC community.

Trinity_Matrix
Hee, yeah, I was a member of a forum like that too, Lance, and most people were just posting nonsense to get as many posts as possible...

wicker_man
Granted, but over time the site authorities gradually become aware of who those individuals are.

LanceWindu
There's bound to be a way to make everyone happy while still adding more for valued members.

wicker_man
I'm sure their is but i am unsure what exactly.

Trinity_Matrix
People will ALWAYS find something to complain about. Me, I'm perfectly happy with my avatar as it is.

wicker_man
Same here.

silver_tears
like your title before cry all that special effects stick out tongue

DeNiro
Whats the point? I mean you dont get money for meeting your quota of posts. blink

JKozzy
Raz, can my birthday present from you be a 100x100 avatar?? eek!

Raz
Yeah sure, just for today. Attach it here.

JKozzy
Yay! Thank you Raz big grin

Storm
eek!

JKozzy
I think we should all have big avatars now... look at lil! Hers is 140x140! Mods can have those, but why not 100x100? smile Once you go big there's no going back stick out tongue
Just my humble opinion...

Storm
tssk, tssk, tssk
that mimetical craving *shakes head*

Korri
Raz do i qualify as special? angel

Corran
Further benefits hey. Raz if I qualify can I get free beer as my benefit?

rusky
laughing out loud sure...here beer

yerssot
free virtual beer!!! let's get virtual drunk

Korri
i wanna be special sad

yerssot
you are already big grin

Vampiree
LIL'S GOT A BIG ONE!!!! *cries* i want one toooooooooo....

Raz
Lil found a loophole. She's very clever! shifty

Oh and I've got a plan on offering larger avatars soon! (hopefully by the end of the week)

yerssot
PMing you to get one is a loophole? blink

Vampiree
a plan? huh that sounds scary already...

The One Himself
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Fire
indeed

Raz
Nope, I had nothing to do with it.

She seriously found a loophole I wasn't aware of.

yerssot
is it still working now?

Raz
I'm afraid I can neither confirm nor deny that accusation shifty

yerssot
can I accuse you of not giving me enough chocolate than? yes
*runs of to find a decent pic to use as avatar*

Raz
You're finally getting an avatar? eek

yerssot
have to find that loophole, don't I wink

Raz
Oooooooooh nice avi! big grin

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud nice avatar, Yerssot!

yerssot
I think I found the loophole, haven't tried it yet though, tomorrow maybewink

stinkfist462
well pm and tell me how .. then i will try shifty

JKozzy
Me too! shifty

yerssot
I wouldn't mind, but it's kinda against the rules, no?

stinkfist462
..... uhh cant you jus tell me already ?

Korri
to your layal members? angel

Fitch
fitches included ? big grin

Storm
laughing

stinkfist462
yeah .. when you gonna give out these bigger avvys ?

Korri
eek!

stinkfist462
blink ....

Korri
i want one sad

stinkfist462
me to sad

Raz
will your life be complete?

silver_tears
mine would crybaby
lol I'm kidding, begging for them won't make them happen so be happy that at least we have avatars and not nothing big grin

rusky
u DO realize that when everybody will have had big avatars for like an year or so, and some guy will put on a small avatar, everybody will want small one again right ? big grin

JKozzy
Then they can do it.. you can have an avatar thats 10x10 pixels, and up to 64x64, if they wanted to then they could.

rusky
So why would u want a bigger one ? I mean.. it's not like I spend the beter part of the day staring at avatars no

JKozzy
Because they're cool! And with a monitor like mine, with this high rez, I can barely see mine sad

rusky
what rez is that?

badkittykitty
I know this off topic but does everyone have bjork advertisements from google when ever tex makes guest appearance or is it just me? (I have it in this thread) blink

silver_tears
I think it's just you blink
But we have been acussing him of being Bjork, I mean why else would he like that music messed so you never know shifty
Maybe it's her and that term is used loosely promoting herself yes

rusky
laughing out loud no, never noticed anything of the sort...then again I don't get the google advertisment thing.. big grin

But, kinda figures anyway...

JKozzy
2048x1536 wink

Korri
yes very much so

rusky
Uh..oh... eek! blink , yup...u're right then...u really need bigger avatars... big grin

Raz
In that case, I will find a solution soon!

JKozzy
Please do Raz! Note the resolution, I need to see stick out tongue

silver_tears
another cool perk would be custom titles, like the rewards, that would be a wicked reward big grin
but not with the dots, just the title cool

that would work well with larger avatars yes

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>