I'm in bits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Went to a new gym yesterday morning and then for a swim afterwards and I feel like I've been beaten up with a big stick. sad

finti
he he painfull is cool

Lara
Finti! ur so cruel!
Mech, try having a hot bath with some lavender essentual oil in it. that might help.! smile

barbie_girl
who says beuty and fitness was free!!

finti
big grin evil face

barbie_girl
hes not cruel just telling the truth!

finti
which can be cruel at times, but it need to be said though...

barbie_girl
that is too true!!

Lara
aw! comon, have some sympathy!

finti
sympathy...no way

Lara
why not?

finti
no one is forcing people to work out. If you chose to work out you must take tha pain that follows with it ...

barbie_girl
y wen he did it to himself!!!!! he shuldnt let himselfget into a state where he needs to go to the gym if he didnt want the pain!!

Lara
ok!ok! theres no need to gang up on ME! just for giving the guy a bit of sympathy, geee!

barbie_girl
shut up and read wot i jus said!!!!! he shuldnt b given sympathy!!

maya
but if we didn't exercise we would all get fat i know when ive been to teakwon-do i have lots of pain so the bloke that this is about you only get pain when you have work really hard so keep the good work up

Lara
Shut your gob!

barbie_girl
leave maya alone u nasty vindictive *****!

Ushgarak
Hey, blimey, look, it's Maya! And calm down, BG...

Mech- you ever been beaten up with a big stick? I'm just wondering how you know.

yerssot
I think it's time for the war thing again

Ushgarak
War thing?

yerssot
yep, for women, every 28 days...

Ushgarak
Delicate, aren't you? You make it sound as if it happens to all of them at once.

yerssot
well, it's proven that women who meet eachother on a regular base have it the same time

Ushgarak
That had better be a joke!

yerssot
It has to do with feromones, I'm not joking, it's proven!

Ushgarak
Well, I'd like to see that proof because in my experience it is rubbish.

yerssot
It's an old one, ...
say,... is a quote from one of my sciences teachers enough?

Ushgarak
Not really, no.

I rather think you are talking about Dr. Martha McClintock's study of menstrual synchrony, back in 1971.

But plenty of studies since then have doisagreed.

It was your terming of it as 'proven' that got me, because that is not so. It;s not proven by a long way.

In my old socal group at school, the women's periods were staggered in the MOST awkward way. And they never got synchronous. And they met all the time.

If that theory were fully true, then technically all girls at a shcool would have periods at the same time!

Not that McClintock ever said that; her study was of women living together, not meeting regularly.

yerssot
Well, my teacher said that, twice, so hey, I have to believe him big grin

Ushgarak
Sigh... always a shame to see people take interesting theories as absolute proof. There's some very interesting research into the pheromone link these days.

But in practice... it's just doesn't happen enough for the theory to be a fact.

Ratcat
I think what Yers is talking about is the study amongst ledbian couples in long term relationships where gradually over a LONG period of time their cycles did change to match each other.

It has been shown to happen but it's not reliable.

yerssot
I'm not talking about ANYTHING here! I just said this because a teacher said that!

Ushgarak
Indeed, RC. In fact, a quick look on the net shows a ton of stuff about it all- and the conclusion pretty much every time is that whle the phenomoneon does exist it is NOT a general event. And it is hotly argued- well, what a surprise with science...

yerssot
What was this thread about again?

Ushgarak
Mech replicating his big-stick hitting experinces by going down the gym.

And then later, a debate about whether it is right to mock someone for being in pain for going to the gym

And then later, menstrual synchrony- certain or sporadic?

There you go.

yerssot
I see ...
well... tomorrow we have a gymnastics test.
I'm happy it's not the ropeclimbing!

Ratcat
Just remmeber Mech, after about the third session your body starts to get used to it and the aching stops.

Ushgarak
And the horrible, stabbing pains begin, yeah?

ToMacco
If you stretch before and after workouts, you don't get sore at all.

mechmoggy
I worked out before I joined this new gym but I never really did much cardio work and on Sunday I went for it big time and got my heart rate up to 180 (according to the machine anyway) so thats whats knackered me up. I always warm up and down but I'd have to say the swim straight afterwards helped ease the pain.

No, Ush I've never actually been beaten up with a big stick but by describing it as such makes the pain I'm in understandable by everyone......IT HURTS! big grin laughing out loud

Ratcat
To an extent that is true.

However, any time that you push serious weights there is going to be some pain the next day. Muscle growth is actually stimulated by the internal tearing of muscle flesh, that in turn does give rise to aches.

I stretch out (or warm up and warm down are better descriptions) before and after every workout. But whenever I do a particularly hard session in the weights room there is always a little residual achiness the next morning, soon works itself out though.

mechmoggy
I actually feel worse today than yesterday but I think thats because I'm coming down with flu. sad

Lara
Yerss, Ush! that conversation you had was PRICELESS!
Dont talk about something you know very little about!
and BG I was telling you to Shut Your Gob! not Maya.
BTW: It's not. yerss.

yerssot
Yeah, I learned a leason here: never trust a teacher

barbie_girl
lara how cld u i thought u wuved me!! sad

Lara
I do, I really do, but some times you go over board! if you know what I mean?

yerssot
Naha! There you go BG!

barbie_girl
shut up yerss u cant even keep her undercontrol!! all she eva does is have a go at u!! and b nasty to everyone else in the process!! so u both can shut up!

Edna Witch
Wo wo wo! Calm it down guys or we may have to call in the fire brigade to put out the flames.

Peace and harmony! La la la la! **Runs from the mob!**

barbie_girl
sorry *hiss as water hits bg*

Edna Witch
Looking a bit frazzled there!

yerssot
hey BG, no need to be upset! I was just joking a bit
You know that I wouldn't dare upsetting you... a bit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.