Inglorious Bastards casting.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
Has Tarantino mentioned off hand/unofficially any names?

It seems as though Tarantino has his own stock cast. Most people who play main characters in his films, play in more than one. Not necissarily because he is the one casting them (like True Romance, From Dusk 'till Dawn, Natural Born Killers...he only wrote them) but because the material he writes is just suitable to certain types of actors and some people may be able to just slide into QT's characters more easily than others.

Steve Buscemi
Harvey Keitel
Chris Penn
Uma Thurman
Samual L. Jackson
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Bruce Willis
Paul Calderon
Christopher Walken
Tom Sizemore

all have played in atleast 2 movies written by Tarantino.......some even more than that. Plus, I think it's kind of an in-joke with Tarantino now. Just throwing familiar actors in scenes with cameos and whatnot just because they have been in his other movies......a little something for his fans.

amlap
well if you notice man, alot of directors use the same actors in their different movies. they get comfortalbe workingwith each other!

plus everyone is pushing to be in a taratino movie.

The New Age
of course micheal madsen is going to be in it
that is why Budd is Budd!!!
Mr blonde!! the real deal! it's his story
he is a smart guy but at the end of his rope.
his greed for money has taken him over the line
that's why his own poison is turned against him

as well as adam sandler and Bo Svenson (Mr. Harmony/ the priest/ the father)

Angie79
Yea, I think that's it. They probably just enjoy working together. Lots of directors cast people they've had pleasant experiences in the past with. Like Scorsese and De Niro, and now DiCaprio.

In the case of Tarantino, I don't mind one bit. I love his choice in actors. Buscemi, Keitel, Sam Jackson... all favorites of mine.

JKozzy
I think this project has been delayed indefinately....

Death Incarnate
Someone told me Adam Sandler was going to be in it, maybe they were just joking messed

MildPossession
It has, this topic is from last year.

forumcrew
He said he hopes to have it out by 2006.. and while michael madsen is the only confirmed cast member he wants Arnold, Sly, and Bruce..

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/856.htm

check out that for the article

MildPossession
There was a time when Adam Sandler was rumoured to be cast in it, that was ages ago though.

Darth_Decimator
ive never heard of this movie can sumone tell me what its all about please

Evil Dead
wow...........way to top a post that was made January 30th of 2004..........a full year and 3 1/2 months ago.

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by Darth_Decimator
ive never heard of this movie can sumone tell me what its all about please

It's a world war II epic about soldiers who get trapped behind enemy lines. On empireonline it's due in october 2006. So far tim roth, mcihael madsen, adam sandler and(Don't laugh) Eddie murphy are in the cast.

Myth
I laugh more about Sandler being in the movie. Everything he does seems so forced.

Solo
Originally posted by Myth
I laugh more about Sandler being in the movie. Everything he does seems so forced.

He did a great job in Punch Drunk Love.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by forumcrew
He said he hopes to have it out by 2006.. and while michael madsen is the only confirmed cast member he wants Arnold, Sly, and Bruce..

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/856.htm

check out that for the article

Arnold and Sly would make it very interesting.

Cinemaddiction
..and impossible to fund.

TheFilmProphet
True, very few studios are able to oblige to Arnold's price and terms. For reference click HERE

In the end, Tarantino will have to settle for unfunny funny men to headline his picture.

bksdrums
what movie was bruce willis in besides pulp fiction?

Myth

Mando
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Arnold and Sly would make it very interesting.

I'd love to see sly in something other than another Rocky/Rambo sequel.

Myth
A Cliffhanger sequel?

Mando
Originally posted by Myth
A Cliffhanger sequel?

Or a Judge Dredd sequel

stick out tongue

Solo
Originally posted by Mando
I'd love to see sly in something other than another Rocky/Rambo sequel.

I'd like Sly to be erased from existence.

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
I'd like Sly to be erased from existence.

What for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.