Best/Favorite RPG(s)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut26
what do you all think is the best rpg of all time and what system is it for.

SaTsuJiN
Wouldnt we have to break it down into types?

I mean you have the diablo type 3/4 view, final fantasy , dungeons and dragons style etc. 'best' would only become an opinion if we did otherwise

BackFire
Final Fantasy 6

Lord_Andres
Baldur Gate, divine divinity, or warcraft 3 big grin

Lord_Andres
dose Heroes count as a rpg? or do you just consider it as a stradegy game?

venomfan
FF7

wicker_man
The Baldurs Gate & Neverwinter Nights series in my opinion.

total metalhead
FFVII, Everquest and Dark Chronicles are my faves

Red_Drake
FF7 and Warcraft 3 TFT are the best and I heard Never winter nights is very good too

Linkalicious
Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 2, FFVII, FFVIII, and n e zelda game

Ironteen Rich
Final Fantasy series, Neverwinter nights, dark alliance, final fantasy online.

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. I guess I'll have to say
FF6
Chrono Trigger
Zelda : TooT

SpikeSpiegel
FF7
FF10
Skies of Arcadia
Zelda OoT

juggernaut26
well call me an idiot but when it came to rpgs i always loved the pokemon games

BackFire
Chrono Trigger.

rusky
Fallout 2

Trinity_Matrix
I'd have to say the Final Fantasy series, with FFX being my favorite. I also love Zelda: OoT.

juggernaut26
i never really understood why everyone likes ff games so much i try to play them but they're more movies than games i mean you go here you get a video you fight this guy you get a video you constantly get videos

§pearhead
Hate to say it, but I agree with Juggernaut. All of the FF's have the same or similar story line, "save the world". It gets old after a while.

juggernaut26
exactly its just move the character and watch a movie

N.Tonks
Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo

sssaiya
Suikoden 1-3, Fatal Frame 1-2, Final Fantasy Series and Devil May Cry 1-2 for the Ps and Ps2..... hehehehe big grin

Storm
Final Fantasy series

wicker_man
Devil May Cry an RPG ???

Sarah_Angel666
FF7 by far the best RPG of them all. Nothing will top FF7

unknownrocker
FFX is favorite, but the whole series

Kael
1. Planescape-Torment
2. Knights of the old republic
3. Morrowind

oh and i nearly forgot neverwinter nights.

Imperial_Samura
Final Fantasy 7 was a truly great RPG, but in terms of scope, I would say Planescape Torment. Also deserving mention is Baldurs Gate 2 and Morrowind (damn mud crabs)

duffy
Yeah probably FF7 for me too.

Can't wait for Advent Children and FF7big grinirge of Cerberus

duffy
Yeah probably FF7 for me too.

Can't wait for Advent Children and FF7: Dirge of Cerberus & Before Crisis
big grin

Caboose
FF6,
elderscrolls 3:morrowind GOTY edition
KOTOR

Lord_Andres
damn I forgot to mention Morrowind

cal31
KOTOR no question

Tptmanno1
KOTOR really isn't a TRUE RPG, sure it hwas stats and all theat but its quite linear and charactar expantionis kinda yucky.

I've been trying to push this for a long time now and no-one's bitten, btu the Escape Velocity series is one of the best I've ever played. You can find it by typing EV Nova into google.

cal31
KOTOR is an RPG in all aspects, the only reason it might not seem like it is because it is more behind the scenes and is more streamlined than traditional RPGs.

Phoenix Aska
I have to agree that final fantasy 7 is one of the best rpg's ever....but what about legend or dragoon? Chrono Cross? or Star Ocean 2?

Daedalus
Fable. No contest. Though Morrowind comes quite close in terms of depth.

Phoenix Aska
Fable was too easy and short...

Linkalicious
Chrono Cross was a mockery of the original Chrono Trigger. Rarely will you see a SNES game beat it's Playstation predessesor...but this was the case.

Star Ocean 2 was THE SHIT!!!! Fabulous game. It had more depth than FFVII...well IMO. And it was just all around bad ass.

Especially the 99 level underground labrynth. It took me forever to beat. embarrasment

Phoenix Aska
Anybody play parasite eve 1or 2?

Fearnix
there are way to many to name

Fearnix
but i will name soem
Suikoden all
Secret Of Mana
Final Fantasy 6
Crono Cross and Trigger
i cant be botherd to type any more

RaventheOnly
Buldur's gate 1 and 2 (droolio shadows of amn)
Neverwinter
Morrowind
KOTOR

big grin

Darkshadows
i would say skys of Arcadia is the best RPG

Phoenix Aska
I'd say...Tales of Symphonia was good too...I forgot about that game...

Elektra_lover
FFx or KH even though its not really a RP

Phoenix Aska
Final Fantasy X was too easy...even against the nemesis....they should make rpg's more like ff7 and xenogears....

Morgoths_Wrath
Chrono Trigger, w/o a doubt, with Final Fantasy VI a close second

Yuna33
i think ur right!
more like ff7.
definately!

Phoenix Aska
yup yup...I liked how they set up the materia and equipment in that game...and the lv up system...

Yuna33
i like the lv up systen better than any in any onther game.
its so fast!laughing out loud

Phoenix Aska
yes it is...actually..final fantasy 8 lv up system was the fastest...but the whole drawing thing...yeah..that was pretty dumb.

Yuna33
i rather just learn it overtime instead of draw it!
then you can run out?!
i just bought ff8 a couple of days ago......wast of money!
i can't belive i bought that game!

Phoenix Aska
Awww...final fantasy 8 isn't that bad is it??? I think when the gardens start to go to war is the best part...and when they accuse Rinoa of being a witch...but the whole system of drawing magic sux...
The fun thing is that u get to fight against Bahamut and Eden( the secret summons) to get to use them...

ssj4goku
i have to say the final fantasy series with 2 3 and 7 being my faves. Xenogears, Xenosaga, the dot hack series, and of course i know every had to play this one i mean you are not a true rpg player if you havent Legends of the Dragoon.

Walfredo
Legends of Kyrandia.

Phoenix Aska
I heard rumors of a legend of dragoon 2 because everyone wanted there to be a sequel....

They better not **** it up by trying to put in a new battle system if square enix does make another.....

Red Superfly
Star Wars Knights Of the Old Republic

I would have said Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - but I don't honestly class Zelda games as RPGs at all. They're action/adventure games, simple as that.

Daedalus
Sadly, very true, but no other before it comes close in terms of depth of character. big grin

Morgoths_Wrath
My favorites...

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Super Mario RPG
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

General Kaliero
The Golden Sun series (if two games can be called that) was, I think, very good. Final Fantasy games definitely belong on any RPG list, and I really enjoyed 1 and 2. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga was also excellent, if not exactly a formula RPG.

Morgoths_Wrath
Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga IS an awesome game. I love the way the battles are set up, the way you have to dodge and counter certain attacks and time your hits on the brothers techniques is brilliant. But I still haven't finished it yet! I just bought it a couple weeks ago and I'm still working on beating it...so I can't really count it as one of my favorites yet. But Nintendo did a great job with the battle sequence and the story is cool and funny as well. God bless Mario (and Luigi!)

General Kaliero
Mario and "Uhh... Mr. Greenie" you mean. wink

ChickinMeat
im going to be predictable and say FF7, was the first proper RPG i played. but then i also love the Zelda series, and as you could probably tell, i also really love the Deus Ex series, but i didnt say that as fav, because there not pure RPG.

cal31
KOTOR, that game caused me the most sleepless nights of any game and you just could lose track of time playing the game because you were so into it.

eleveninches
Throne of Bhaal
Shadows of Amn
Tales of the sword coast
Baldurs Gate
Hordes of the Underdark
Shadows of Undrentide
Neverwinter Nights
Heart of Winter
Icewind Dale
Pool of Radience
Temple of Elemental Evil

Elastigirl
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls are my two favorites.

WindDancer
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Neverwinter Nights
Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls
Fable (which is being disputed right now if it really is an RPG)
Deus Ex

whitedragon
NeverWinter
KOTOR
But the best of all time has got to be between Fianl Fantasy 8 & 10

RaventheOnly
Morrowind also, and soon Elder Scrolls four Oblivion eek! droolio

There seeling temple of elemental evil for 20 bucks now eek! i'm going to get it big grin

I'd like to add as of now World of Warcraft eek! to your list big grin

eleveninches
Eldar scrolls III (morrowindd) was a great game, but the frame rate was far too slow, and it didnt play smoothly

Darth_Decimator
hey there guys one of my most favourite games ever was a little known title for the sega mega drive called LANDSTALKER , it was basically a zelda ripoff for sega fans , but it was a fantastic game it had a good story the graphics were pretty good for its time , the best part for me was the enormous quest you had to go on and the countless cities you could visit that were filled with things to do and places to explore with little sub quests to complete , it was very basic buit it was just a great fun game. did any one else here get a chance to play this gem of a game ?? i sumtimes wish i still had my mega drive so i could have another bash again

zl i
runescape

FlappingMangera
everquest 2 is my current addiction, love it

Dogbert
Baldur's Gate II w/Throne of Bhall, Icewind Dale I, Both Fallouts, Morrowind and Daggerfall (Both Elder Scrolls games), Neverwinter Nights

eleveninches

mosh16137
FF II is what got me addicted to rpg's in the first place, other than that it would be fable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.