Favorite Middle-earth Love Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
This isn't like the ''Favorite Couple'' thread, because I think couple & love story differ. My favorite couple is Eowyn/Faramir as you can obviously see in my avvy and sig, and it's because they are my favorite characters individually in the book and I almost died the first time I've read ROTK for they ended up being with each other. For me nothing could be any better than that. love

But my favorite love story is Beren/Luthien, because it's full of sacrificing and true love. Luthien rocks. She faces Sauron for Beren, she sucks poison off him with her mouth. She is of the highest lineage and race and yet she's willing to plead for the Doom of Men and give up her immortality, just to be with Beren. And he rocks too, trying to get a Silmaril from Morgoth's crown just to gain Thingol's approval for his and Luthien's relationship. Then when they died, Mandos gave them a unique fate, to become mortal and return to Middle-earth, to be with each other and find peace and happiness. Just pure and true love, if you ask me. love (not that Eowyn/Faramir's isn't true love. LOL)

So...what's your favorite love story? Why? big grin

shadowy_blue
Just to give you guys more options of the couples that had developed a love story other than the ones most recognizable from the LOTR books, because I know it's not that easy for some to remember all the romances that occurred in Middle-earth, here are some: NOTE: These are only some of the couples that had a love story that took place within the main pages of the books may it be from "The Silmarillion", LOTR, etc. The ones that were just mentioned/known from the timelines or family trees that didn't had any romantic developments are not included, like Diamond/Pippin, Estella/Merry and Lothiriel/Eomer.

Aragorn/Arwen
Faramir/Eowyn
Luthien/Beren
Sam/Rosie
Galadriel/Celeborn
Tuor/Idril
Aredhel/Eol
Elrond/Celebrian
Melian/Thingol
Nienor/Turin
Aldarion/Erendis
Nimrodel/Amroth
Earendil/Elwing

smile I'm not sure if those are all, feel free to add. big grin love

Again, these are all about love stories, not couples. If you want to add what your favorite couple is just like what I did, feel free to do so, just be sure to answer what's your favorite love story is as well. big grin

samIam
I love eowyn AND Faramir
but my favorite couple would have to be SAM AND ROSIE !!

sauron
beren and luthien....

beren: sets off to take one of morgoths prized jewels...loses hand.....
luthien: becomes mortal...the ONLY PERSON EVER to make mandos feel pity...fought sauron..(a bit)...followed beren into the very throne room of melkor.......totally turned melkor into sex god pimp for all of 0.23 seconds

i tihnk i just discovered who the GIVER in the relaionship is

Exa

sauron
turin and niniel...the ending....romeo and juliet????

Exa
Exactly big grin just better... and with nicer names... I love these ideas like Cabed Naeramarth...
And it goes on afterwards because in Valinor they meet again and are allowed to live together among the elves - though they were mortal... and perhaps they met beleg love again......

Exa

Kitoky
Nimrodel and Amroth.....love

Second is Turin and Niniel

Third Luthien and Beren

Fourth Arwen and Aragorn

sauron
i ddont like the arwen aragorn love story...not as good as the others

this is a god thread idea

nazgulinthedark
me/witchking

^that one

Exa
awww a story full of jealous rivals big grin

Kitoky
I agree yes

sauron
lol big grin naz you will have to wait...sam is marrying witchy so i can get the ring

then you can have him after big grinbig grin

nazgulinthedark
sad

ilvorlandobloom
Eowyn and Faramir...

aniron
1 = me and legolas
2= arwen and aragorn
3= sam and rosy

aniron
4= gimli and galadriel

rianna_d
Aragorn and arwen!
Beren and Luthien!

both wonderful stories, it's so sad to see the ending of Aragorn and arwen's story in TTT, it's so beautiful... and sad sad

muse5
gimli and galadriel...lololol, my favorite couple is definetly eowyn and faramir<see my sig>, that's one of my favorite parts in the book, it was just perfect for the both of them, such a romantic part, so beautiful,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.