Stressful times at the old Mech place...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Arrgh! This week (and next week) is so stressful for me, I've got two pieces of Uni work to deliver, both worth 10% each of my final mark. What makes it stressful is this...

1. The first piece, a preliminary research document, has to be a short piece of work (about 1000 words long) and at first count mine was about 4000 words long. I've managed to prune loads out and put it into the Appendix (an old trick a lecturer showed me) but the damn thing is still about 3000 words long now. My project supervisor said to email it to him last week to check over, but the silly arse went away on a business trip and isn't due back till Monday; the bloody thing has to get handed in on Wednesday. *Tears hair out*

2. The second piece of work is a 10 minute powerpoint presentation, which my supervisor insisted didn't have any "wordy" slides in it otherwise he'll mark me down. I'm halfway through that and the majority of the slides HAVE to be wordy to explain the progress of the project, and yet again he's not around to speak to. The bastard. *Tears more hair out*

Aaaah, thats vented some stress.

LanceWindu
Poor mech's gone bald.

I honestly couldn't deal with stress like that, I'd go crazy.

mechmoggy
My hair is receding enough as it is without these hassles to boot.

It takes so long to wash my face nowadays.... confused

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

My hat goes off to you good sir, for not taking a gun and killing yourself because the stress.

Don't get any ideas. mad

You seem to be too good for these projects though. cool

My problem would be I'm not good enough.

mechmoggy
I deal with stress in the least productive manner, i.e. the more work that piles up, the longer I spend chatting here with my guitar in my lap learning tunes.

Its amazing that I get anything done at all.

LanceWindu
I'm worse...I procrastinate.

But it seems I get more work done if I do it real quick right before it's supposed to be done, rather than taking my time and doing it.

I did that all throughout school with my homework, and I ended up with a GPA of 3.5, not bad for someone who never studied.

BackFire
Chin up Mech, I'm sure you'll pull throgh old chap.

LanceWindu
mech can do it! mech can do it all night looooong.

BarmyBrummie
Mech, where do you actually work anyways??

mechmoggy
West Brom, not far from Oldbury town centre.

silver_tears
well not to worry mech no
some people have it much worse than you so be happy yes

mechmoggy
Bah, I've just finished the first draft of my presentation and the bloody thing is nearly 3MB big, so I can't use hotmail to email it to the lecturer.

I've tried zipping but thats nowhere near good enough, how else can I send the bugger? (Other than splitting it up that is) confused

silver_tears
on a diskette through snail mail yes

BarmyBrummie
If nothing else works, take it to the man himself

rusky
Yep....same here...guess I just need incentive to work...weird..hmm... big grin

mechmoggy
The presentation is this Wednesday, and I've got far too much on to take it myself. Looks like I'm gonna have to split it up. sad

I haven't even got a cd writer, I'm gonna have to split the file up onto two floppys and take them to my old mans. Double sad

lil bitchiness
Oh Mech, i feel your pain totally!! sad

I had to finish (this week) my portfolio..and it took me aaaaaaaages to finish it. I didnt go to bed on thursday night...cry

Now i handed that in on friday, but now i have two exams coming in the next two weeks and i got to revise like crazy...one of them is a seen examination, the other one is a take away, but its still hard as hell...

I have to pick two questions out of 10...prepare them, possibly remember them all, then do an exam on it in a week....cryaaaaaargh!!

rusky
"AARGH...WHAT DOES NOT KILL ME MAKE ME STRONGER...ARRGGH" - Conan big grin

wicker_man
Im in the same boat, i became so stressed i was seriously thinking about quitting, i was just so paranoid that i wasn't oging to meet those all important deadline dates and particuarly after coming back from the Christmas holidays, but i am happy to report i have succesfully overcome this objective and am now helping other class members with their coursework.

All i can say to Mech & Lil'B is the last thing you want to do is start worrying a clouded mind can seriously affect your work progress, although that is easier said then done.

Good luck to both of you and indeed anyone in a similar situation smile

saucybird007
eek. poor Mech, and i thought i was having it bad.
*hugs and kisses*

mechmoggy
Thanks everyone. big grin

As soon as next week is out of the way I'll be a lot less stressed. Plus I had two lots of very good news on Friday, which I'll be happy to post about once I've gotten a couple of things sorted out next week.

keokiswahine
Mech, prune it more. get your thesaurus out to trim words down. you can't email it as an attachment? don't over explain or repeat your explanation? I have cable email, so you could send it to me in pieces, I'll patch it together, and email it to your teacher as one document, if you want. Just remember I'm in Hawaii, and that's about 12 hours behind you. and I work long days at the office, so you'll have to email it to my home and work address, so we don't miss each other. wink good luck, pal. here to help you if I can. *brings in cold beer to soothe the worried brain*

mechmoggy
Wow, thanks Keo!

For the paper, I pruned out some lengthy explanations and emailed it to our University learning centre manager, who said she'd give me feedback tomorrow.

For the presentation, I managed to compress the pictures in the powerpoint files to bring the overall size down a bit, then attached it to emails in sections, which I sent to my supervisor. He's also gonna be giving me feedback tomorrow.

If one (or neither) get back to me, I'll take you up on your offer Keo. big grin

Although I'm unsure why anyone would volunteer to read papers about manufacturing engineering.... confused

silver_tears
that makes two of us What the f**k?
at least mech is forced to do so yes

keokiswahine
OHHHHHHH. eek! eek! eek! Did you want me to read it? well, guess I could, if you want me to check for spelling, grammar. but I was only going to attach the pieces together and email it out to you. Be sure to mark it clearly, as Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, so I know how to patch it together. I'll PM you my email addresses. confused

mechmoggy
Careful ST, or I'll email them to you too. stick out tongue

silver_tears
*hides in fear* messed

keokiswahine
laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance eek!

mechmoggy
Oh gotcha! embarrasment

Nah, the paper was no problem to send. It was only the presentation, which was full of screenshots, which I was having trouble sending. I just split up the bigger slides and sent them seperately to my project supervisor.

Hee hee, you can still have a copy of the paper if you want, just in case you ever have insomnia. big grin

keokiswahine
well, you can email it to me; you have my email. send it to my house email, pu-leez. smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

mechmoggy
No need for that with my presentation Keo; my project supervisor emailed me today to say everything looked ok with it, hurrah!

Still waiting for feedback on my prelim research doc, but I noticed this morning that I've misread the hand in date. It hasn't got to be in till 9th Feb; this must be some sort of record - me finishing work well before a deadline. eek!

I still have those two pieces of good news to share too... whistle

lil bitchiness
Go Mech! clap

Im so motivated to go do some work myself.

Wow....it is well before deadline...well at least you know you wont be sat there night before, trying to finish it!!

mechmoggy
I think I deserve to go out and get drunk this Saturday for all my hard work. yes

keokiswahine
beer drunk partytime wine

mechmoggy
Woo-hoo! I got an email about my prelim document and it said (and yes I'm gonna quote her here), "This report is very, very good".

Now I don't want to get big-headed about this but.......screw it, I am gonna get big-headed about this. big grin

*gets on table and does his sexy dance *

keokiswahine
eek! eek! eek!

Take it off; take it all off. clap clap clap clap

mechmoggy
*takes of t-shirt and covers nipples with tiny tea-cups*

mechmoggy
Okay, wish me luck. I've gotta do my presentation tonight at 7:20pm.

keokiswahine
clapping clap group lotza luck hug

silver_tears
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Go MECH!! and I don't just mean the dancing whistle

Gundark
*anxiously awaits Mech's return*

Go Mech ! Go Mech !

Happy Dance

mechmoggy
Hello hello hello!

The presentation went great, I was so tired when I got back I just ate then slept. Yesterday we went to the gym later than normal to do a spinning class, so I was too knackered to come online when I got back.

But here I am now, and thank you for your good wishes. big grin

*gets back on table and continues sexy dance*

yerssot
so, I take the stressful times are done than? smile

mechmoggy
Pretty much, but I start a new semester this coming Wednesday, which means another 2 assignments and 2 exams too.

Booo! sad

yerssot
I'm sorry to hear that mech, but I'm very sure it won't be that badsmile

lil tears
I have four exams and four major assignments so cheer up big grin
some people have it much worse messed

mechmoggy
I suppose.

I've also got to continue with my final year project, which I've fallen behind with a bit. For that I've got to produce a poster for another short presentation and also the final paper, which has to be about 8500 words.

lil tears
*runs away screaming* messed

mechmoggy
I've broken the back of it now though; with the presentation done I got some good questions from the faculty about the direction my project is taking; and with the research document I've found loads of ideas I can steal.....errr...borrow from other people. whistle

lil tears
ninja that smiley seemed appropriate big grin

yerssot
paper??? oh darn!
*runs off to the library to get his book for his paper again*

lil tears
*waves* bye yerss big grin

yerssot
*smacks against the door multiple times first*

lil tears
*throws a band aid at you* thats the best I can do in first aid embarrasment

yerssot
the throwing or the finding of band aid?

lil tears
the knowing of using a band aid smart
its kinda useless here though erm

keokiswahine
*gives yersssss a raw steak to put over his bruised eye*

yerssot
*happily starts eating the steak*
hey Kay smile

great to see you here again smile

keokiswahine
yersssss, I'm here twice a day before work/after work. You're not here...... of course, we're 12 hours apart, so you keep holiday-ing, and I'll still be working in the salt mines. stick out tongue

yerssot
Kay, the two seconds you're online here don't count stick out tongue

Gundark
Get Ush to help ya, Mech. He can write like 10000 words a day. Or something.

Baylin
I can write 10000 words a day. It wont make a lot of sense though confused

KidRock
i can type fast except i dont know waht uni is hah

silver bitchiness
I can type very fast, but when i do, i make some spelling mistakes, or my letters go in to wrong order in the sentance.

yerssot
oh, I can type really really fast too... though whatever I type doesn't make any sense ... just like me in normal mode wink

julibug
Just jumping into the conversation here, but don't you have a couple of things you wanted to share, Mech?????

keokiswahine
yersssss, even my two seconds here counts. There is a record of me being here, just because you aren't...... stick out tongue

well, combined with ush and edna, mechhhhh will have plenty material to work with. stick out tongue smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
of course they count Kay smile you just have to stay a lot longer wink

mechmoggy
I have Jules, I'm just waiting till everything is sorted out properly first, then I'll spill the beans. big grin

tptmanno1
Have fun Mech, I just Finished Finals in HS and got 4 B's and 3 A's and quite happy with my self even though it could be better.

julibug
Is everything ever really sorted out properly? roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
if you divide the different coloured m&ms they are sorted out properly big grin

keokiswahine
*opens bag of M&Ms*

yerssot
*opens one too and starts eating*

julibug
Hey, are those peanut m&m's?

yerssot
don't know, finished mine already buggie messed

keokiswahine
mine's are almond smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
mine don't talk messed

silver_tears
mine are called fred yes

Pingu
mine are called yummy! wink

yerssot
yummy yummy yummy I got food in my tummy

silver_tears
clap clap clap clap clap clap

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
laughing out loud

julibug
I hope Mech's stress is relieved. Maybe he should eat som m&m's.

keokiswahine
Give him some pink and red M&Ms for Valentine's Day. wine

yerssot
m&m's?? they're mine! my own! .... you try to take it from usessssss.. but we wantssss it... it's mine! my precioussssss

julibug
One m&m to rule them all. (I'll bet it's the green one!)

silver_tears
The female one of course cool
Although the red one tastes best yes

keokiswahine
purple, must be purple... smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
One m&ms to eat them all smile

Fire
the best M&M is a green one

yerssot
you guys actually test which one you like the most? they all end up in teh same wa anyway

julibug
What!?! There are PURPLE m&m's???

keokiswahine
yeppers. purple ones, there be. smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
and blue too!

keokiswahine
yeah, blue ones, too; but the purple ones are sexy... smokin' evil face Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
you're making me hungry, Kay smile

Corran
Breathing makes you hungry Yerss.

yerssot
breathing, looking, feelings, ... , you know... the basics

Corran
eating? does eating make you hungry?

yerssot
no, it makes me thirsty messed

Corran
and what does drinking make you? (other than drunk and go to the toilet)

yerssot
hungry of course, silly!

Corran
Oh right of course, what was I thinking?!?!?

yerssot
were you thinking in the first plaec?

Corran
whaaaat?

yerssot
were you thinking in the first place?

mechmoggy
Ugh, peanut M&M's are pure uncut nuggets of evil. sick

silver_tears
they are highly dangerous, and you can easily choke on them yes

mechmoggy
I've always wondered why its only the orange smarties that taste different; they taste of orange, but the other colours all taste the same. confused

Thats sweet racism that is.

Dogbert
What the f**k? Right on! thumb up

julibug
Sooo, less stress yet, Mech?

silver_tears
actually the red taste like paint yet are soooooooo addictive eek
It's a conspiracy I tell you ninja

keokiswahine
sooooo, mech, are you feeling better now??? confused confused confused

mechmoggy
Not too bad, I got a 69.3% mark for that presentation, which is just under a 1st mark (the miserable gits roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Next week will be tough; but Mrs.MM, myself and two friends go away for a week on Thursday. Yay!

keokiswahine
you'll get through next week ok; just press on. your holiday looms.

yerssot
sounds good mech, keep up the good work smile

keokiswahine
cheers

yerssot
you alchiholic wink

keokiswahine
*hic* big grin big grin big grin smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
so, THAT's what you do at work wink

silver_tears
hug have a hug for good luck mech big grin

keokiswahine
*more huggys* smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

huggys???? of course. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
tsk tsk tsk, and you're supposed to give the example wink

mechmoggy
I love hugs, thanks ST.

Well, this'll be the last time I'm on for a over a week. In fact I'm too busy to be on now, but I needed one last KMC fix before I go away.

Ta-ta everyone. big grin

yerssot
he'll be back... they always come back wink

rusky
See ya mech.. smile

Corran
Bon voyage Mech.

keokiswahine
Have a great holiday; enjoy yourself. You earned it. and be safe.... see ya soon. smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
how long mech gone on holiday?

mechmoggy
Never fear, I have returned. big grin

As soon as I get chance, I'll post some of my holiday pics.

Corran
Woo-hoo

Return of the Mech, Return of the Mech.

yerssot
sold the movie-rights?

mechmoggy
Corran, you're NHS email gave me and Mrs.MM a good laugh yesterday.

Good work. big grin

Corran
Fanx.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.