Great news: IJ4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Spielberg has confirmed that Indiana Jones 4 will be his next priority after "Catch me if you can"is completed. They have a script and a title and it will be starring Kate Capshaw again.

So, great news, I look forward to it. Now, where's that DVD Box of the first three?

Bad Boy
Should be a good film but Spielberg has lost it and Ford is too old. He would have a heart attack while on the rope swings!

Dim
How can it be a good movie it Speilberg's lost it and Ford is too old?..

Other than that Capshaw bit I'm happy about it.

King Jedi
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there IS going to be something for me to do after Episode 3!

I think they'll do special editions of the first 3 for a DVD release. Some of the fx in The Temple of Doom need fixing.

queeq
I don't know about Capshaw. Apart from the large amount of screaming in ToD (for which Spielberg took all the blame) she did alright methinks.

King Jedi
She's annoying at first but you get used to her. I can't see why they are bringing her back though.

Indy and Miriam(spe) are much better together. If they are to bring back anyone it should be her.

I hope they bring back Sean Connery and Short Round.

Texas
I think she was a diva in IJ2! She was funny, and easy on the eyes! I'm glad she's coming back! smokin'

ToMacco
Capshaw? Ohh. .. . . . .shit! sad sad

Why would Speilberg do that? (It's his wife, isn't it)

If Jones 4 is a cartoon like Temple of Doom, I'm gonna ***** slap everyone! mad mad

finti
couldnt agree more.
Give us Karen Allen at least she puts up a fight evil face

queeq
Well Tomacco said it: she IS Spielberg's wife. That's why. I don't know how Karen Allen looks these days, but that could have been a good choice, I agree.

But To.... ToD a cartoon?????? Too much blood for that. I thought Last Crusade was more of a cartoon myself, but then it kinda fits the very concept.

finti
Julia Roberts

queeq
*OB1 scream* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Machine
JULIA ROBERTS !!!!JULIA ROBERTS NO WAY ON HELL WHOULDSHE BE CLOSE TO A INDIANA MOVIE .I HATE HER

finti
Just as long it aint Capshaw, she totally ruined TOD

Dim
Oh I don't know if she ruined it but she's no Marion Ravenwood..

queeq
She didn't ruin it. Spielberg's view on a screaming heroine in a serial ruined it. He said so himself, looking back he hated the way he directed her.

King Jedi
The Temple Of Doom was on TV last week and I've watched it 5 times since. It's great. The guy who played Mularum(spel) looks really evil. And Short Round rules!

finti
give us Marion(Karen Allen), not that squeeling Kate Capeshaw (barf) TOD it is by far the worst Indy movie, never liked it at all.

King Jedi
It's my second favourite. The worst Indy film is still better than anything else. Apart from SW.

finti
TOD is rated way down there waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

down

Texas
She looks like shit!
Had a small role in 'The Perfect Storm'
Thank god it was a small role eek!

finti

Dim
If you're thinking of the female boat captain that wasn't her.

queeq
I haven't seen her in any movie lately. Time to check IMDB.

queeq
Back. She DID star in A Perfect Storm as someone called Melissa Brown.

And here's the list of her latest work:

Briar Patch (2002)
Shallow End (2002)
"Shaka Zulu: The Citadel" (2001) (mini) TV Series .... Elizabeth
World Traveler (2001) .... Delores
My Horrible Year! (2001) (TV) .... Belinda Faulkner
In the Bedroom (2001) .... Marla Keyes
Perfect Storm, The (2000) .... Melissa Brown
Basket, The (1999) .... Bessie Emery
Falling Sky (1998) .... Resse Nicholson
Wind River (1998) .... Martha

Texas
See Dim, that was her!
Hard to believe I know!
She's soooo ugly and old now eek!

Texas
Hmm, maybe you thought I was referring to that woman who played Maid Marian in Robin Hood, not that chick.
Karen Allen played the ugly lady stuck in the storm on the yaght.
Belive me, I made sure that was her, paused the DVD and got a good look at that ugly face! eek!

queeq
Okay, so we don't want her in Indy4.

finti
nor do we want Kate C.....then big grin big grin anything goes

Dim
I wonder if Indy will get a hot new younger lover interest.

ToMacco
Hopefully Capshaw will play the bad guy rolling on floor laughing

Dim
I highly doubt Speilberg would cast his wife as the bad guy...just a hunch.

ToMacco
True, but she was the scariest character in Temple of Doom. big grin

Texas
You guys, dont be so hard on her!
She needs some work after 'The Love Letter' big grin

queeq
Why a younger lover? I doubt that Indy4 will be situated before WWII. Personally I'm hoping for an Indy with a beard like he had in one of those Young Indiana Jones films.

Spidey-Man
I hope not. Anyone remember that movie Entrapment with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones? Gave me the creeps, man eek!! I stopped watching and got out a vomit bag.
But when I heard about this movie, I got up and said "Booya!", since I'm a huge Indy fan. I have all of them in a collector's editon box from way back.
It's pretty studly that Spielberg already has a script ready, but I'm wondering what he's going to have Indy looking for?
Personally, I'm hoping he's looking for another religious artifact, like the (former, if you know your Bible smile) Tomb of Jesus. If not that, then something like the Excalibur Sword or something.
I'm so psyched for the movie! Bring it on! cool

ToMacco
Maybe the fountain of youth?

Texas
I'm sure it will be kewl regardless cool

LanceWindu
Let us hope so.

::Crosses fingers::

queeq
Yes, they have a script. Ford, Lucas and Spielberg agreed that they would do Indy4 with one condition: that they would ALL agree unanimously on the script or no go. So I think that means they have it.

ToMacco
Cool smokin'

queeq
Very.

King Jedi
The should release the DVD Trilogy first and fix the FX.

Dreamwatch magazine said a while ago that the new film was set just after Temple Of Doom.

queeq
just AFTER TEmple of Doom???????? That'd be even BEFORE Raiders then???!!!! I guess Ford has to go to the plastic surgeon first.

King Jedi
Maybe quick aging will be part of the storyline?

Which Indy film is meant to be first?

finti
Raiders is set to be 1936
Temple is set to be 1935
Last crusade I belive is either 1937 or 37 might be mistaken here.
Great then I get to see it tonight then, Tv sucks tonight so its gonna be IJ3 smile smile smile smile smile

Dim
It's in 38...I checked the site.

finti
yes saw it yesterday and Dim is right ,38 (as in the year, not her age big grin )

queeq
Oh no, not her age, don't mention her age (which is 18 BTW wink ).

Yes, so what are we gonna do about an Indy set before 1935.... tricky that. And I don't believe it until it's confirmed. And after WWII story would be fun, but it wouldn't fit with Spielberg's old theory that the world lost its innocence after WWII. Which is fairly naive, but okay.

sand person no. 10
so is temple of doom a prequel then, raiders was the first one to come out and then followed by temple. bit of useless trivia, the night club in temple is called club ob1, or someut like that.
has there not been rumours for years about ij4 being the hunt for atlantis.
maybe indy will try to ressurect imotep from the mummy. big grin

queeq
AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!

Well, ToD is not really a prequel, is it. They're more like independent stories.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.