Favorite LotR quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I like when Haldir says "The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." and "Shall I describe it to you or would you like me to find you a box?"

pip-foot
i like the one in my sig. Pippin says, "...you need peple of intelligance on this mission...quest...thingy." at the council of elrond. well, pretty much any of pippins lines.

Exa

Lady Ellie
I like everything Gollum says...hahaha big grin That guy is sooo funny!!!!
Two towers: MY PRECIOUSSSS AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

pip-foot
like Exa, i cant decide!!!! Pretty much everything that is said is amazing

Lady Bri
i like the part where Eomer says "Rohirrim!" at Helm's Deep...

samIam
all of sams lines - can't choose . i love the "POTATOES" .. and the rosie cotton - "does she"?

Darth Revan
oh yeah that was funny and then Merry says "Well that rules you out."

Lord Soth
Now for Wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn......FORTH EORLINGAS!!!-Theoden son of Thengel, King of Rohan

Phoenix
EVERYTHING THAT GOLUM SAYS! big grinbig grin

Phoenix
Also... Sam's 'Goodness speech' at the end of Two Towers... does anyone know the whole of that? I wanna put it on a siggy! big grin

Exa

Phoenix
Thanks Exa! big grin

SilverFighter
One of many cool quotes:

Gandalf: A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

orlandoOYEA
Elrond: Become who you were born to be.

Aragorn: For Frodo

Both give me shivers!! smile

Kitoky

orlandoOYEA
JEEBUS KIT! wow

Kitoky
And that's only a fraction of it.

orlandoOYEA
laughing

Bloom4ever
i luv the speeches Theoden and Aragorn give b4 battles. They jus absolutely thrill me!!

orlandoOYEA
i know i get goosebumps. I love the part when they are getting ready to charge the armies at the gate of Mordor and its dead silence then Aragorn says "For Frodo" and charges than Merry and Pippin charge right after him, i love it!

enya
omg that is sooo good! i love the fact at that bit merry and puippin start funny first but every1 over takes them because they have too little legs hehe i know hpow they fell, i shortish too

pippin lines are great and sams speech thing in TTTs and ROTK are great and make me cry

X-Menfan2003
Aragorn: Everyday, Frodo moves closer to Mordor
Gandalf: How do we know that Frodo is still alive?
Aragorn: What does your heart tell you?

Eomer: We cannot attain victory through strenght of arms alone
Aragorn: Maybe not for ourselves, but we can give Frodo a chance

Frodo: Go back, Sam. I'm going to Mordor alone
Sam: Of course you are. And I'm coming with you

Boromir: What is this devilry?
Gandalf: A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond ant of you. Run

Camellia
Anything where Pippin's accent is really REEEEEEEEEALLY obvioussmilesmilesmile

Bloom4ever
anyone have the words to the speeches?

manny321
Theoden speech at battle of minas trinith: RIDE NOW, RIDE FOR RUIN AND THE WORLDS ENDING!!! DEATH!!! DEATH!!! FORTH EORLINGAS!!!
Trully motivating sppech, it trully gets to you if you know what it means!! evil face

manny321
YEAH http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3f6f1969_d3df/bc/My+Documents/fight.jpg?bf54RHAB6HbjsrwP

Kitoky

Lord Soth
Lol, that and "Give up the halfling, she-elf!"

Bloom4ever
thank you smile

Lord Soth
I really liked that quote too, but I didn't post it cuz I couldn't make out what the heck he said big grin

Bloom4ever
im still writtin the article so can someone tell me which quote really inspired them?

Kitoky
"No, Frodo! Don't give in! Not now!" 'Oh...what grace has given me...let it pass to him...let him be spared.' smile

Exa
Lol I loved that quote... see my former sig big grin

But SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH is also quite good

Lord Soth
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH kicks all the other's asses......

Discos
"some nice tators" - Sam
"whats tators.....precious!" - Gollum/Smeagol
(truley the funniest quote in the film)

"So, this shall be The Fellowship of The Ring" - Lord Elrond
"Great!...where are we going" - Pippin
(coming in at a close 2nd is another amusing line"

"it comes in pints?" - Pippin

------

BUT! My greatest and most awesome quote from all 3 movies is from Return of The King,

The Black Gate, silence arrives and music begins to play and then see see the moth....we all knew what the moth meant and then...

"look, its the eagles, the eagles are coming!!" - Merry

truley inspiring from my point of view because the allies were f*cked if any sooner the Nazgul reached them, but then an eagle from under-neath STOMPED IT!

Go Eagles!

Lord Soth
I can do such a good impression of Gollum doing that quote it scares people

LOTRLUVR
My favorite would have to be anytime Gandalf says 'Fool of a Took' (and of course anything else Pip says)

I must agree.....
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH is a good line....lol

LOTRLUVR
I do like the speeches also....Pip's song was really good also.....

LOTRLUVR
I like it when Eowyn says "I am no man"

Uhh...What else can I think of...

LOTRLUVR
I need to stop posting.....

beer "It comes in pints,I'm getting one."

CanadaGoose
Please pardon me for poor etiquette, I am new to this forum, and haven't introduced myself yet, but this is the post that made me stop lurking, and register.

While I am awed by Peter Jackson, and his creation, it is the book I know best.

I started reading and rereading LOTR more than 35 years ago (whoa, when did I get this old?)
These are the quotes that have stayed with me from my first reading.

'He deserves death.'

'Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live desreve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
(Frodo and Gandalf talking -- The Shadow of the Past)

These staves he spoke, yet he laughtd as he said them. For once more lust of battle was on him; and he was still unscathed, and he was young, and he was king: the lord of a fell people. And lo! even as he laughtd at despair he looked out again on the black ships, and he lifted his sword to defy them. (Eomer -- Battle of the Pelennor Fields)

Well, you could probably add any quote from ROTK.

Kitoky
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here!

Phoenix
"What about second breakfast?"

CanadaGoose
Thanks Kitoky

I'm really loving this!

Gollum_Gal
my all time favorite line in the book is "his mind was set and only death could break it" and in the movie i love when smeagol talks to him self (its so cute) and and i love merry and pippins drinking song on the extended version of fotr...

Discos
Yo welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay?
- more towels sir

anyhoo many great quotes come from the LOTR, funny ones yes, but more of the serious ones I like to stick on

"if you want him, come and claim him!" - Arwen (ride before she whiped the nazgul down a nice river *cough*)

but a good sound/quote would not be "screeeeech", it would be "Ka"

Discos - Sarcastic? no not me,

Lord Soth
I really liked the one in RotK in Rohan too (are they the same, I didn't notice)

samIam
nooo way differnt !!!

Exa
I also loved this one in the film
Whack! - "That's for Frodo"
Dung! - "That's for the Shire"
Crack! - "And thats for my old Gaffer!!"

and in the book
"Then suddenly straight over the rim of their sheltering bank, a man fell, crashing through the slender trees, nearly on top of them. He came to rest in the fern a few feet away, face downward, green arrow-feathers sticking from his neck below a golden collar. His scarlet robes were tattered, his corslet of overlapping brazen plates was rent and hewn, his black plaits of hair braided with gold were drenched with blood. His brown hand still clutched the hilt of a broken sword.
It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face.

He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace - all in a flash of thought which was quickly driven from his mind."
(Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit)

(it's nearly the same as the sentence by Faramir on the the TT EE)

merryandpipsgig
aragon: gentelmen we donnot stop till night fall.
pippin: what about breakfast.
aragon: we've already had it.
pippin we've had one yes, what about secound breakfast.

angelsflame265
Gollum "Master must go in the tunnel"
Frodo"Now that i'm here I don't think I want to"
Gollum"Go in or go back"
Frodo"I can't go back

EllaMarie

Kitoky
"I will not give you counsel, saying do this, do that."

Galadriel, FotR

Maikahyandowen
that's the best! beer

ladygrim
my favorite line ......eeeerrrrmmm i don't think i have one ,all three mvies were top nitch....

lillyloz
my favorite quote well 2 words is mr frodo big grin

Maikahyandowen
don't go where i can't follow

midnightshadow
merry: pippin, everyone knows im the tall one and youre the short one.

its in the ent draft scene in the extended dvd. big grin

Maikahyandowen
That doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, you are very small.
hooray for Treebeard!

telecontari
Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!

Spears shall be shaken
shields shall be splintered...

a sword-day, a red day...

ere the sun rises!

Ride now!
Ride now!
Ride! Ride for ruin...
and the world's ending!

Death!
Death!
Death!

Forth Eorlingas!

szhismine
all the lines are great, but my absolute fave is:

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"

some other greats:

"Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king, steward."

"That still only counts as one!"

"If I should return, think better of me father."
"That will depend on the manner of your return."

"I am no man."

Pippin's song, Merry and Pippin's drinking song, Theoden's speech, Aragorn's speech...

okay most of the best lines are from ROTK. stick out tongue

Discos
Eomer: Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfill them all! To Lord and Land!

Maikahyandowen
Gandalf: You shall not pass!!

pip-foot
dont we have a nother thread like this already? with a gashillion quotes??

Maikahyandowen
probably

Discos
gashillion, dont you mean gazillion or summin

as usual there is other threads, if "I" was a mod i would have merged them by now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agent Elrond
around 10^58734895834 threads lol

Discos
hehe, *to the nearest decimal point*

Tassie
yeah, another thread like this made by Alar... can't remember thread name confused

this is an old thread, anyways

Discos
i know but its a good thread except when quotes are repeated

ie aragorns speech and theodens speech

Agent Elrond
there are somewhere around 10-12 threads like this. Some are just for a book or single movie, other, the whole thing

Discos
no need to tell me, its been explained plenty of times lol

I like to look at the last page of this forum and read the hype of fotr and two towers stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
laughing we should quote the hobbits more.

Cynethryth

Discos
eek!

Eomar is the character who resembles me most.....because "I" rule too

stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cynethryth

Maikahyandowen
You smoke too much Pip.
-Merry

Discos
great quotes Cyn yes

Maikahyandowen
Cyn knows the entire book by heart

fini
yep, i used to know it by heart too!!!

hmmmmmmmm fave quotes from the BOOK!?!?

uhhhh, there are soooooo many man

fini
hmmmmmm lets see:

Thus spoke Ioreth, wise woman of Gondor, THe hands of the king are the hands of a healer and so shall the rightful king be known.

" Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise! etc

" I'll get there , if I leave everything but my bones behind" said Sam " And i'll carry Mr. Frodo up myself, if it breaks my back and heart. So stop arguing!"

Maikahyandowen
I don't carry water in my pockets, Pip.
-Frodo

Discos
tbh I would think Cyb didnt know the book off by heart, close to it though and I dont doubt her will yes

even Tolkien forgot some parts of his work....he had sooo much

Maikahyandowen
bummer he didn't write more. Chris had to publish everything....

telecontari
Read under this.

Cynethryth

Discos
ah good stuff, I can honestly say it will be manyyears until I learnt hem off by heart, I have read the silmarillion twice and would probably more likely to focus on learning the Akallabeth for than any of the other 4 stories roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maikahyandowen
if anything, i'd memorize the last batle of Fingon. when the balrog killed him. that was awesome.

xmen fan
i liked when legolas jumped on that elefants fangs or whatever,

Cynethryth
yes yes absolutely brilliant...
I only know it in German so far, though I also tried to learn it in english
something like
At last fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him, and he fought with gothmog until another balrog came behind and cast a thong of fire about him... then gothmog hewed him with his black axe and a white flame sprang from the helm of fingon as it was ?cloven...
Thus fell the High King of the Noldor, and they beat him into the dust with their maces, and his banner blue and silver they trod into the mire of his blood...
yey had the last sentence in my sig for a while big grin

Discos
weep

Discos - its just so damn beautiful

Maikahyandowen
cry

deathbysterio
rock.....spears shall b shaken, shields shall b splintered, a sword day, a red day,.....ERE THA SUN RISES!

Discos
ah beauty in its own

Discos - still not better than the william wallace speech

Montross
"The Ring....the Ring...to Mordor we will take you."
-the Ulairi/Nazgul/Ringwraiths, etc.
This quote is from the animated LOTR, made in 1978.

Agent Elrond
Full quote:

Arise! Arise Riders of Theoden. Spears shall be shaken. Shields shall be splintered. A sword day. A red day. Ere the sun rises!!!! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for Ruin, and the world's ending! Death!! Death!! Death!! Forth Eorlings!!!!!!!

Exabyte
I absolutely agree yes ... if its only quotes from the film

DEATH eek!

rock

Had it in my profile, too, until some days (?weeks?) ago smile

Montross
'Therefore Morgoth came, climbing slowly from his subterranean throne, and the rumour of his feet was like thunder underground. And he issued forth clad in black armour; and he stood before the king like a tower, iron-crowned and his vast shield, sable unblazoned, cast a shadow over him like a storm cloud. But Fingolfin gleamed beneath it like a star;for his mail was overlaid with silver, and his blue shield was set with crystals; and he drew his sword Ringil, and it glittered like ice, cold and gray and deadly.'
-The Lost Road and Other Writings book II

Thats my favourite passage.

Maikahyandowen
Fingon vs. Balrog. that was awsome stuff!

Discos
it sure was confused.....wich ROTK quote was that from,

laughing anyways,

"this fellow aint it......she jabs them with her stinger and they go as limp as a bone fish" - Shagrat

wilsons gal
okay i love this line from the book............lasto beth lemmen...........which means listen to the words of my tongue

Discos
ah hello wilson Gal, I noticed over on the tig party that you speak elvish, very well done,

Discos - I'll talk to ya over there in factyes

Maikahyandowen
the closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm!

R@ven
Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember.

Maikahyandowen
you're supposed to stick it in the ground!

Agent Elrond
"it is in the ground"

Maikahyandowen
outside!

Gorgoroth
"It was your idea!"

Maikahyandowen
gahhh!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.