Snake eyes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
v.c flick! I enjoyed watching this film. But I dunno why!

ToMacco
Havn't seen it yet.

Dim
I actually thought it was one of Brian DePalma's better films... laughing out loud

queeq
You did???? Hmmm....

Well, I dunno, haven't seen it, but DePalma is not his old self the last 10 years.

Lara
I thought the tention was releaved very well with the comedy!
but was still a very intense film.

TeCk-IcE
I didn`t like it the first time...but the second time, I liked it

And the third it was pretty good actually.

A fine thriller

Lara
I agree! kewl flick! smokin' smokin' smokin'

GCG
Does Snake Eyes hold a record in attaining Hollywood's logest uncut shot ?

Firstly as per what i gathered , Brian De Palma's opening sequence runs at a staggering 13.5 minutes and it seems uncut.

or is it ?

I also gathered that a 35mm camera can hold, at the most, 1,000 ft of film (approx. 11 minutes). In Steadicam mode, it can hold roughly 400 ft (nearly 5 minutes). So there had to have been at least one cut during the opening "shot" which in this case it should hold 3.

further investigations resulted in Brian De Palma acknowledgeing that there are four cuts in this opening shot. He had used a very old technic (first time used by Mr Hitchcock himself) wich consist of link up the shots thank to a black shot as the back of a person or something like that. It was imossible to realise a 13 minutes opening shot whitout cuts ! Even for Mr Brian De Palma.

Conclusion:

This opening shot is a masterpiece !

SnakeEyes
I didn't know i was such a popular movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.