School ID Cards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
We have to wear ID Cards outside of our cloths and like have them on lanrades or what ever. Or else we get a detention now dont you find this stupid because really they dont check if its ur id card as long as they see one they are happy. But u get a detention if its even in ur pocket that is so riduculus and really if someones was not supposed to be in the school i doubt that they would care if someone would ask for a id card they would just do what they wannted.

silver_tears
We have student IDs but we don't wear them on us at all no
They are just useless unless you wanna use the computers in the labs big grin

mechmoggy
That sounds a little harsh, but no doubt they're thinking of your safety.

I need an ID card to enter my Uni, there's an automatic reader which you flash your card too and walk through a turnstile.

A few weeks ago they'd had an IT problem and all the cards were barred, but I knew nothing of all this as I'm only a part-timer. So I walk into Uni one afternoon to hand in a paper, I flash my ID and go to walk through the turnstile, and do a waist-high clothesline on myself cus the thing wouldn't let me in. Bloody thing almost did some damage to little mech. eek!

wicker_man
We also have student ID cards that consit of our pitcure, name and unique ID number we need our cards to take out library books.

silver_tears
laughing out loudeek! thats just shocking

mechmoggy
Oh and another thing, those bloody ID pictures are never flattering.

First one I had was too sqaushed, so I looked really fat. The second was too long so I looked even more lanky than I already do. This years is perfectly proportioned, but the colours all messed up; there's way too much red in it, I look like I've received third degree burns all over my face. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xeous
Our school is exactly like yours, D.

KidRock
hahaha laughing

Lord Soth
Oh, my school has those too. I just blacked it all out with permanent marker like a month ago, no one's noticed big grin

Trinity_Matrix
We have to carry school IDs, but we only have to have them on us, so mine's usually stashed away in my backpack. They supposedly check IDs at my school (they always say they're going to) but they never do...you only really need them for checking out books from the library or to use the computers.

SK88728
my schools id cards are usless. we need them for NOTHING. to get in a dance they ask our name and id number. then if we want i book and we dont have our id all we need to do is tell them our id number. and thats it. so mine is retarded.

Tex
I like my school ID, I can use it to pay for cokes and chips in the vending machines!

No more smelly quarters for Tex! raver

tptmanno1
Thats Tight!!
I have to carry around lots of quarters, for sodas and for the city bus.
WE have to have our Id's on us at all times but they can be stashed wherever.
The only time we have to use them is when we have an unshedualed period and we need them to get off campus early.

Darth Revan
At my school our ID's are useless, unless you go to the burrito place a couple blocks away for lunch sometimes they won't give you a discount unless you show it to them

ScottsLover
i dont even bring mines to school. hell, if i loose it nothing will happen.

xeous
If we lose ours, we get locked in the basement and are never heard from again.

rusky
we've also got id's but we're only asked for them when we enter school...and not even that always....however, every now and then a teacher who "woke up on the wrong side of the bed" starts shouting and asking to se it, and if u haven't got it....weell..

LanceWindu
My school never had true ID cards.

The ones we had were just construction paper with the school logo and our names written on them with a pen, plus they were laminated.

We only needed them for the library that no one used.

If we lost the card however, we would have to pay a few buck for a replacement...for god's sake, it was just a paper with a logo and my name.

Lord Soth
That's kinda pathetic.....paper?

LanceWindu
Yeah

My school was cheap when it came to that.

But we HAD to have a useless fountain in the school yard.

Baylin
That really is annoying Lance. I hate it when a lot of money is spent on something useless and then skimped when it comes to something usefull and neccessary!

ID cards are a good idea but it does seem a little harsh to get an automatic detention just for not having on show. What would they do if you lost it - lock you away until they've verified your identity and then replaced it. blink messed

LanceWindu
No, they'd probably throw him in detention one day, then he'd have to pay probably $10 to replace it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Baylin
And if he refused to pay what then ban him from school no expression

LanceWindu
Out of School Suspension until he pays.

Baylin
That wouldnt work in the UK cos its a legal requirment to attend school.

LanceWindu
Same here, but you never know with the schools.

In my school if you lost your card you just can't get on the computers or go to the library.

Whoopty doo.

But it sounds like his school is extra strict with cards.

Baylin
Yeah, bummer!

Trinity_Matrix
Some schools are like that -- like I know in a lot of the schools actually in Chicago they require that you wear your IDs on your person (so that it's actually visible). My school doesn't really make a big deal about it, and honestly I have no idea what would happen if you get caught without your ID on you, probably get a detention or something. I use the library and computer labs at my school a lot, so I usually have my ID with me, because that and getting into dances are pretty much the only things you need them for at my school.

And on the subject of IDs, my picture on mine is horrible.

xeous
Here anyway, we have 3 days we can go without but we have to have "temporary" nametags...Those are just paper. After the 3 we get detention every day after that until we wear it.

One good thing about our Id tags is that at the beginning of the year, you can buy an "athletic pass" that lets you get into any SCHOOL sanctioned (home) game for free...Well, kinda free, it's 15 bucks.

xeous
Yeah well, that's great in Chicago but here it's a little pointless. I mean, if your parents come in to look for you, first they have to go to the front office and get a name tag. We're in Friggin West Virginia here, not New York.

Trinity_Matrix
They do that at my school, too, it gets you into sports games and dances (except for Prom) for free, you just pay $20 at the beginning of the year, but I don't bother with that because all I go to is the homecoming dance...I get into football and basketball games free anyway because I'm on flags and we perform during the games smile

xeous
Doesn't count for dances here.

Lord Soth
Library and identification, that's all

silver_tears
Our ID pics are the same pics from our yearbooks so I like mine. big grin
If you lose it nothing at all happens here stick out tongue
We just have them for pointless sake yes

Fire
thats pretty pathetic

rusky
hey u have u'r pics in the yearbook ? interesting concept...smile

silver_tears
you dont have a yearbook?
we have one each year we go to school big grin they are actually kinda cool big grin
we have a year book staff and everything.

GroundedAgain
da skewl i used ta go to required photo ideas on special chain ta be worn around our necks at all times or we would git in skewl suspension fer 3 days. dis dont seem so bad until u consider da fact dat der were rite around 70 students in dis skewlkindergarten throught 12 grade. everybody knows everybody but we need photo id.....daaaamn

realworlddreams
purpose of my ID:
1) movie theater discount
2) off campus permit
3) buying tix to dances/free admission for sports events
4) library book checkout/use
5) piece of plastic stashed in my wallet w/a pic that makes me look like im a gay hispanic (no offense for the comment, but im white, not at all racist, thats just how the pic looks.)
we have kinda cool IDs this year, they got the heat-scanned pictures like on a drivers lisence, so much better than the cardboard prismatic ones from last year.

DeNiro
I like the pic of me i have for an I D card but it still is gay as hell because today i was walking down the hall and the teacher that gave me a detention for being in the school before school even started without wearing my ID that was in my pocket. Asked this one kid right in the middle of school today were it was and he said he didnt have it and he goes go get one next period and Im like YOU ****ING ***. You gave me one but not him.

GroundedAgain
damn deniro..take 'em out!!! i help

evocation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.