Ben, he knew......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Kadub
With so many discussions about Obi Wan & Anakin, even uncle Owen....I went back and watched ANH last nite.....

When Ben first awakens Luke, Luke tells Ben that R2 belongs to Obi Wan and instantly Ben seems to remembers the droid....

Then in the docking bay control center, when Ben leaves to dismantle the tractor beam, he tells Luke: "the force will be with you, Always"....as if he will never see Luke again....

But a more and even telling sign, I go back to Luke and Ben at Bens lodge.....after Ben views the holo image of Leia, Bens knows it is time for Luke to begin his enevitable path towards being a Jedi......

yerssot
Yes, indeed.
Things of the future you can see...

But!
Could well be:
in the lodge: he is old and he isn't good anymore...
He knew his time would come.

Docking bay: He felt Vader and knew he had to confront him again, and he knew he would die

You THINK he remembers the droid...

etc etc

Ratcat
Yes, I think he did...

ToMacco
That's interesting. I think you're right, Master Kadub

yerssot
where is the discussion? no fun sad

Julie
Do we always need to argue here? I agree......very intelligent theory.....

finti
what theory, it is kind of obvious

Master Kadub
I think Ben knows that in order for him to help Luke fulfill his destiny of being a Jedi Master and destroying Palpatine; that he must die.....

Ben is like a crutch to Luke as long as he is in the 'living world' and Ben knows this.....but after he has taught Luke and set him down the path of training, that it would be best for Luke to train and gain independence........*remember, Luke has always relied on his aunt and uncle and knew not of the real world and how to survive.....like most of us when we leave high school for college or the military*

Yoda comes into the picture to fine tune Luke and prepare him for the enevidiable....

jedi212guy
A very fine theory...

GordonSkywalker
I agree with that idea of thought.

Corran
Gordon, you're digging them up from way back now, are you bored?

finti
hopefully you do laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
Ah, Corran, what can I say? It is my modus operandi on these forums. Plus I like to shake things up a bit!

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Yes, you certainly post a lot Gordon. I mean, two of the members who posted in this thread aren't even here anymore!

GordonSkywalker
Does that mean we now have to close this thread? Ah..look for me elsewhere in this fine Forum, my friends!!

Captain REX
It doesn't mean anything like that Gordon. Just telling you a little tidbit of info...

GordonSkywalker
Ahh...did you really think you could get rid of me that easily, my friend? I am here for the long strectch,pal! So let's break out those emergency rations I know you have in your back-pack! I could use a drink.......

Julie
hot cold or just luke warm?????

GordonSkywalker
A nice cold drink, of course!

Julie
good....that'll work too I suppose....blue milk?

GordonSkywalker
That stuff is really milk? Or was it blue juice?

Member.
yes, ben knew about the future but only important things. he knew that luke will become a jedi and have waited for this moment all his life.

Captain REX
It's milk, Gordon. But blue milk is the nickname, yogmash being the real one. What name do you think is more appealing?

GordonSkywalker
Depends what the meaning of 'yogmash' is!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.