the Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nightcrawer89
i think this movie will rock when it comes out i will go see because the cartoon is sweet. i am just wondering who would play wonder woman, the flash,superman,green lanten,hawk girl,and j'onn.

SlayerChick1188
hmm.... at the moment i would like the voice of Flash as the Flash in the movie...He's so funny!

Give him some hair, MAYBE, and he'd be good.

Michael Rosenbaum (also on smallville)

SlayerChick1188
he DOES look like him! See?

Gambit Lebeau
Jla would be a good movie

Darth Jello
the most hilarious thing they could do would be to get Michael Clark Duncan to play Lex Luthor. The modern age characterization is just a blatant ripoff of Wilson Fisk. Just like the movie version of the Penguin is a ripoff of the Owl

VallejoKid707
Angelina Jolie or Catherine-Zeta Jones as Wonder Woman.

SlayerChick1188
hmmm, maybe...

I'm afraid to say the I think Dean Cain looks pretty good as Superman (again)...he's "beefy" enough laughing out loud

Jason Horan
I always liked Plastic Man big grin...in my opinion he is the best DC character, probably because he's funny laughing out loud

nightcrawer89
i christain bale should be batman

Hypester
the bad guy would have to be massively off the charts to put all these guys together for a LIVE action movie...

SlayerChick1188
cool pic... yeah i was thing sam jackson for GL too, but i thought he might be too old....

Darth Jello
why didn't harrison ford ever play batman? he would be almost as good as Kevin Conroy

Ahnold
I don't see this happening - think of all the rights issues trying to get all those superheroes together in one film!

[LP]
I would just like to say to nightcrawer89, that you are a freakin' idiot, along with anyone out there who agrees with the cartoon in terms of representing the Justice League of America. THe spin off from the comics was a great idea, and sometimes can be entertaining, but how it was played out is to far from the truth. First off, there is no Hawkgirl in the JLA, she belongs in the JSA, the Justice Society of America, with heroes such as Hawkman, Dr. Mid-Night, and Mr. Terrific. Second, The Flash isn't generally a comical character. THe comical relief that should be provided is from Plastic Man, whom the cartoon neglected to have. Furthermore, John Stewart isn't the current Green Lantern anymore. THe real Green Lantern is Kyle Rayner whos is a tall, skiny, white guy. Now, since that has been setteled, the idea behind a JLA movie is superb. I think the actual critical roles would be not in the main heroes, but in all of the members of the JLA that arn't full members and sometimes work with the JLA. For example, if the movie had such heroes as Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and so on. The main memebers of the JLA should be Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter. Nothing more, nothing less. So there is my input on the matter. Peace...

---

nightcrawer89
i disagree it should be based upon the cartoon. John Stewart should be in the movie and hawk girl.aqua man should make a cameo. every thing about the new cartoon. should be vocased like how every one got their powers and the villin should be a doulbe team like lex luther and the talking ape man or gradie.

ANGELIQUE
THERE'S GOING TO A JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE
IT'A A ABOUT TIME,SOUNDS COOL!!!!!!!!!

[LP]
To Angelique, we don't know if there is ever going to be a JLA Movie, we are just theorizing. To nightcrawer89, why do you think that the movie, if ever there was to be one, should be based off of the cartoon when the cartoon isn't even correct. Like any COMIC BOOK MOVIE, it should be based off of the COMIC BOOK. I do think that would make sense, don't you? John Stewart shouldn't appear as Green Lantern, when he isn't. If you are following the JLA and Green Lantern story lines right now, I do admit that John is the current GL, but that is only because the real GL, Kyle rayner, is off in space destroying the Black Circle Crime Sindicate. As soon as he gets back on Earth, which will be in GL #176 in April, Kyle will take his position back as the GL in the JLA and John Stewar will go back into retirement. On the cameos though, I do agree with you. There should definatly be DC Hereo cameos, but from people that are allies to the JLA, such as Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Aquaman. As far as a villian goes, I'd have to say that it would have to be a general character, so Lex Luther is right out. But as for Gorrilla Grod, your "talking ape man", I think he would be cool, along with villians like Soloman Grundy or Brother Blood. Also, I'd like to add that Plastic Man should be included in the offical goup because he is in the JLA Comics. I forgot to add him on my last post of official members. Look foward to your thoughts on the issue.

---

nightcrawer89
i think the old members deid so the orig team had to get new members to help the orig.as for the green lanter there is going to be a spin off movie and of the flash and wonder woman.i think john stewert should be the new green later because the old one should die for the new one to take over.

[LP]
O.k., it is definatly official. Nightcrawer89, you are a freakin' idiot. First off, learn to type something correctly, even a simple sentance would do. Second, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?! The "Origonal Members"? Stop pulling stuff out of your ass. Look at all of your responses, you can't even type four sentances with one fact, wher as I can state facts consistantly to prove you wrong. The "Origonal Members", as you put it, are still alive and kicking, retard. Not a single member of the JLA has passed on, accept maybe Aquaman, but he was reincarnated, so that doesn't matter. furthermore, there isn't talk of any "The Flash" movie, and "Wonder Woman" and "Green Lantern" fims are still theories, let alone a for sure thing. You know nothing about comics or movies like you state you do. John Stewart shouldn't be the GL either. The first one hasn't died, so if they ever did do a movie, it should be the first one, Hal Jordan, or the real one now, Kyle Rayner. Don't you get it yet? There is a new GL who takes the role all of the time, and Stewart's time has already dawned and faded. Next time you try to reply to this, give yourself some credit and put some length to it, and maybe a fact or two. THen you might stand a chance at making sense. You depress me...

---

kal-el
Whoa there HORSEY!!

[LP]
Ha, your funny man there Kal-El.

---

kal-el
That I am. But I sense hostility here. No need. No need. Peace.

kal-el
peace brother peace.Nightcrawler can't help it.He just really likes the cartoon

[LP]
I don't mind that he likes the cartoon, but what I don't like is how he thinks, if ever there was to be a movie, it should be based off of the cartoon, which is so, ughhh. THat would be very sad...

---

kal-el
I agree totally. I mean that cartoon toatally underrrates all of them and is tailor made for kiddies.

Viper
I don't know how kid based it really is. I mean this is my favorite line from the show:

Flash: You know I'm the fastest man in the world.

Hawkgirl: Maybe that's why you can't get a date.

Now does anybody else see how that might not be in a kid's cartoon? stick out tongue

kal-el
no way, she never said that?!

Viper
Swear to God, shocked me too.

Darth Jello
anyone ever go to Moviepoopshoot.com (an affiliate of kevin smith's View Askew Productions)? they have a weekly comics column written by this veritable connoseur who thinks the Bruce Timm cartoon versions of DC characters are the best portrayal of them in any medium ever.

kal-el
WOW.That's a controversial thing to say

nightcrawer89
i was talking about those two twins.and the indain person who can turn him self really big. those three were part of the 1960s cartoon and part of the orig league.i think those people deid and were replaced by hawk girl and jon.

Ahnold
Watch it, man - flaming such as this can get you into some serious trouble...

[LP]
Yeah, Hawkgirl did say that, I saw that episode, but the thing is, it should have never been said, 'cause Hawkgirl isn't even in the JLA. So that should have never had dappened, which is one of the many reasons why the cartoon is wrong. Even the 1960's cartoon, nightcrawer89, it's wrong. They are both wrong. It is just that simple.

---

Viper
Being "right" has nothing to do with being entertaining.

[LP]
Yes it does. If you make a show off of a comic, it should be like the freakin' comic. If you film a movie about a book, you base it off of the book. I admit there are some little things you can change tfor entertainment, but viper, were in the hell do you get off thinking it's ok to get rid of, and add characters in to the show that don't even belong. You need to seriously think about what your saying. Your talking like, it's ok to have a movie about September 11th, and have some French Diplomates be the hijackers and the destroyers of the Trade Center. It just can't be done. Ughhhh. You people.......

---

[LP]
Friend of :
Alright dudes, i honestly dont know a whole lot about this whole comic book - cartoon - movie deal thingy. Alright, fine. I dont know jack about it. but I still agree that if you are going to make a cartoon about a comic book, IT SHOULD PRETAIN TO THE COMIC BOOK!!! Furtheremore, Viper, stop quoting everyone, it's freakin' annoying, be original. Also, why can't it be right and entertaining, 'cause most of the time, people like it more when it's portrayed the right way. There was a major uproar when the Lord of the Rings movie was changed from books, and it pissed people off, and it wasnt as entertaining, especially in the second film.

And finally, someone really needs to publish a comic having to do with motocrosss.

---J-Byrd, (Friend 'O )

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Viper
Firstly I hope you realize how ridiculous it is to compare a comic book story to a historic event. What we're talking about is different variations on a form of entertainment. Do you know why Hawkgirl is on the show? Because they felt it would be good to have another female character to reach out to female viewers. I don't see anything wrong with that since this is all an adaptation "based" off a comic book. If you want something that sticks to it's roots 100% then just go read the original comics.

And it's funny you mention Lord of the Rings, since most people love the movies and they've made billions of dollars. If they had stuck soley to the books they would have made the hardcore fans happy, but in the end it would have been a failure.

And if you don't like me quoting...well too bad I guess.

[LP]
First off, I didn't mention LOTR, my friend did.
Second, I don't mind that they add a female character, but Hawkgirl, no. She's in the freakin' JSA with Hawkman. Mister Viper, I'm going to sound so cool and make sound dumb by telling him to read the origonal comics, ass. Hawkgirl was never in the JLA. If they want a girl, then why don't they get one that is already in the JLA, like say Black Canary?
Third, I could care less if you quote people, that was also my friend.
Fourth, don't tell me to go read the comics when you are the one who needs to go read them if you didn't even know that Hawkgirl was in the JLA. I actually collect and read the comics, and there are other female heroes, I'm saying why do they have to lie and change it.
Fifth, I can compare anything to anything so long as it has the same meanign behind it, which it does,but I guesws that just didn't get through your thick skull. Let me just say it flat out. You can't go around changing things like the cartoon does, when it is all clearly in the comics how things are.

---

Viper
Here's the thing...I could care less if Hawkgirl was in the JL comics or not. The show is good for a few laughs and is entertaining. If they had Spider-Man show up and join the team I'd watch it too.

No one ever said the show has to address the comics as if it were gospel. Do you think the men who wrote the comics said "this is the way things are and that's that"? Of course not, they continued to change things around over the years and add or kill off members as they saw fit. It's art and it's entertainment...what it's not is some sort of historical documentation that has to be upheld.

Ahnold
It doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong - just refrain from personal attacks and flaming...

nightcrawer89
you are right i really do like the cartoons alot.

kal-el
Good come back Nightcrawler!

kal-el
ALL YOU MOTHERF*CKERS ARE GONNA PAY. WE'RRE GONNA F*CK YOUR MOTHERS WHILE YOU WATCH AND CRY LIKE LIKE WHINEY B*TCHES!THEN WE'RE GONNA MAKE YOU EAT OUR SH*T, THEN EAT YOUR SH*T AND MAKE YOU EAT THE SH*T THAT WAS MADE UP OF OUR SH*T AND YOUR SH*T!

kal-el
.................................................BUNG!

Viper
Well that was...enlightening

[LP]
Yeah, that was an amazing comeback there nightcraer89. I'm in awww.

---

Herr Logan
Does anyone else tire of the cliche and pointless "it doesn't have to be the same as the comics" routine? This is something that doesn't need to be said. We are born knowing this. Say something worthwhile.

Part of your comment actually had a point, so I'll address it. The comics are an art form as is the TV show, but writing something off as an art form doesn't justify messing around with decades of continuity. Different art forms have different rules and functions to them. Many times, a continuing comic will have some less-than-memorable plot lines and characters, and they can get tossed out as time goes by. The good parts of a series should be reflected in new mediums that rehash the old stories. Which parts are good enough to keep-- that's for forums like this, where people can engage in the pointless intellectual exercise of figuring that out. Telling people that the TV or movies can't be the comics is a lack of thought and asks others to stop thinking. Why would you prize that over someone's complaints, which require individual thought?

I didn't know too much about the Justice League of America before the cartoon, but I knew enough to know that Hawkgirl was put there to keep sexual and racial diversity alive and well on the team. Same with John Stewart. These are extremely weak reasons to make any decision, in any situation. You can't use some intellectually stunted line like "it's different than the comics" to justify the kinds of decisions executives make in the board rooms.
The motivations for using these characters is unforgivable, but the result is satisfactory. I like Hawkgirl and for the most part, I like Stewart. His role as the stone-hard military man works great with the other members. But keep in mind, the current comic book Green Lantern is supposedly more creative and fun; they trade off different character traits by changing the character. The fans are entitled to voice their preference, and shouldn't have to suffer trite nonsense as a response.
There are serious flaws in the way these discrepancies are born. Don't hand us that flimsy excuse. It doesn't explain a damn thing.

Viper
I...me personally...I don't care if they do something different from the comic books. As long as it's entertaining they could have a plumber join the team who fights with a magical plunger for all I care.

But what I don't get is why it's such a big deal if they change things around. Really, if they make minor changes to try and make the show more entertaining or appealing to different audiences, what's the problem? It's not like the comics are some sort of religious text that has to be followed exactly. On the contrary, they often are just as flimsy with continuity as any show. The writers don't care if they break continuity...as long as it's entertaining and will sell a lot of copies. I don't see how the books somehow turned into a law that must be followed.

Let me give an example. Would you complain if they suddenly wrote off all the characters in the Justice League and replaced them with new heroes? You might say that it's against continuity and I'm sure a lot of fans would be upset. But if creative writers never did that sort of thing, the X-Men would still be Jean, Cyclops, Iceman, and Beast.

So I guess my bottom line is that we shouldn't take it all so seriously, and that in the end it's just entertainment.

Darth Jello
long live jay and silent bob, kal-el

Herr Logan
Plumber? You mean Super Mario is being considered for membership in the JLA?? eek!

You're right about the X-Men, but consider that the X-Men changed because the book didn't sell because people didn't like it. If the fans love the classic or mainstay or whatever characters they're petitioning they keep, then the medium in which they appear should keep those characters. For new characters, there are always guest spots with which the producers to test the waters for a new regular.

Entertainment shouldn't be a topic that breeds fanaticism, you're right. However, because the producers and creators know full well that the audience to which they cater is either very young, or very lonely, isolated and dissatisfied with the real world (not me, but some people I know wink ), they should give the people what they want. It may be (sniff) all they have...

nightcrawer89
let me think x-men vrs jla who would win.the x-men i like the jla but come on the x-men team is the coolest team.

Gregory
Since LP took it upon himself to attack nightcrawer89 for this, I just thought I'd mention (a little late, I know) that nightcrawer89 is in fact correct. He's obviously referring to the Obsidion Age, when the entire JLA went back in time and were slaughtered by the JLA of that time period. As nightcrawer89 says, they were saved in part by the new JLA that Batman formed.

kal-el
good job Darth.You spotted it. That was me seeing who else liks Jay'n silent bob? I had to guess it would be another DD fan. You see where DD is in J 'n SB strike back?They couldn't resist putting him in there given that they're all fans(smith, Affleck,Damon).
Good points guys.I think you might have calmed our boy LP down a little bit.

kal-el
.....................AS IF!!

mista1114
I think all you guys should chill out and take some things into consideration...
IF a Justice League movie is ever made (which I doubt) it'll suck ass! Trust me, I would love to see a well-done JL movie but it's nearly impossible as Warner Brothers own the characters. I mean, look at their track record...They haven't made a REALLY GOOD movie from a DC Comics character since Batman (1989). They don't have the faith in their properties like Marvel does. Notice how when a Marvel movie is made the first priority is to get the characters as close to their comic book counterparts as possible. That's to please the fan base. AFTER THAT they flesh it out and make it accessible to a wider audience. In the case of Warner Bros., the first thing they do is strip the characters of any and all semblance of their comic book origins, ultra-modernize them, stamp them with a "HIP & NOW" factor and try to please every 9 to 90 year old in the world. In the process they please no one, alienate the hardcore comic fans and guarantee that their movie will be in bargain bins within a month of release. Recent examples of this (if you follow movie development rumors)...1.) The Superman movie can't get off the ground. Why? Rewrites constantly. And none of them good. They're going to completely ignore Supes' iconic origins and try to make him "cool" again. I mean for Christ's sake....Beyonce Knowles as Lois Lane??? She can't act and hello?...she's black. Nuf said. 2.) Catwoman. Ditto for Halle Berry except in this case she's not even Selena Kyle anymore. She's some new character created by committee and demographics. Won't catch me at this movie. 3.) The Wonder Woman movie? At first I was turned off when they said Sandra Bullock was in the running. Same for Sarah Michelle Gellar (anorexic WW anyone?) And then they said they want to cast some wrestling chick. COME ON!!! Obviously this movie isn't going to be the WW we know and love from the comics but the one we know and laughed at from the 70s TV Series. YUCK! It worked in the 70s because it was the 70s. But if the executives would pay attention they would know that the reason Batman & Robin was a flop was because it was too campy! The 70s are over. Let them die. So anyway...there's a few examples of mismanagement of DC characters. SOOOO...IF a Justice League movie were made it would probably be based on the cartoon because that's what is new & hip. But it SHOULD be based on a mixture of new and old. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and Martian Manhunter definitely. Then I would also throw in two or three of the following... Black Canary, Green Arrow, The Atom, Hawkman, Aquaman and Plastic Man or Elongated Man. And for future installments...Zatanna, The Huntress, Fire & Ice, Firestorm, etc. As for casting, use X-Men as a model...only two or three of those actors were really on the "A-list" before the movies. For economical reasons you have to use recognizable B-listers from smaller movie roles and TV. After the success of the film they become A-listers.

Rasta
Nice post. Try using paragraphs next time.

nightcrawer89
ok

FrothByte
how bout The Rock playing as superman? i don't know if anyone would agree with me on this

eleveninches
The rock.....Superman????
No Way!!!

nightcrawer89
no

Rasta
No, definitely not. Horrible, horrible actor. Bares no resemblence to Superman.

Viper
I'm a big supporter of The Rock, but Superman just isn't the right role for him.

nightcrawer89
the rock is ok for a movie like jonny bravo not for a person like superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.