Let me clear up a few things about POTC2 auditions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VengeanceGOD
Ok, here's the deal guys: It is HIGHLY unlikely that the director will be looking to cast an army of screaming fangirls (or fanboys for that matter) anywhere in his movie. Auditions will really only be held for speaking roles, and unless they hold open auditions (again, unlikely), you'd need an agent to represent you. Agents are expensive, so please don't go hiring one just so you can be in the same space as Orlando Bloom. ESPECIALLY if you've never acted before.

Now, there is a chance that the director will be looking for extras for the movie. Those kinds of parts wouldn't require audition. The problem with that is, unless I'm terribly mistaken, they're filming in the Carribean. If not, they're filming on one of their soundstages, which would mean you would have to live near there to be an extra.

I don't want to knock everyone, in fact I encourage you to try for the extra thing, I just didn't want you all getting your hopes up in order to have them knocked down later.

.:[Kamikaze]:.
yeh, i agree with that.. even though i would love to be in it,i know that i would have a very very VERY slim chance of getting in.. but hey thats what dreams are for big grin

take care

luv AS!!!
xxx

OrliNElijahsGrl
i myself am wanting to go into acting, and i would DEFINETLY would love a role in potc 2 or even be a extra, and if i could, id be there in a second trying out, but i know my mom wouldnt let me to go where they are shooting just to try out, because there is a slim chance id make the part, but i wish i could and would love to

Caribbean_Chick
I'm so happy my mom's letting me get into serious acting early!!!!!big grinbig grinOf course I won't be in as far as doing movies by the time they are starting to film POTC2sadsadsadsadIt would be fun to be in it but I know it's a very slim chance of getting insad

beaujay1
well, it makes sense what the director wants. so many people want to do it but only a few really make it. me for instance, id probably just be wasting my time to try out. besides their are other people who probably want to be in it more than me anyways. there are also other people that feel like theres nothing else for them to do except acting. im not one of those people that thinks just by being in a few puny school plays will really get you somewhere. + you need an agent. the director wants serious people for it too. people who would do anything for the job. um ya, thats not gonna work. but dreaming is fun isnt it??? big grin smile

jack's dudess
there's always potc 3.....

Caribbean_Chick
definitly.. dreaming is very funyes

beaujay1
hehehe, yeah the whole "i wanna be in potc2" is mostly wishes that wont come true..... sad oh well!!!

jack's dudess
i have audition info...join my forum..........and i'll IM it to you

http://rachellsparrow.*********21.com/index.cgi

serenitybond
you people are getting things that may not even be true!!!! maybe they wont even have a daughter or any young girl in the movie maybe they wont even get a baby!! seriously people where did u get the info on auditions is it a rumor or did some1 just start this thing???
confused because u guys might be end up finding nothing about potc2 and getting ur hopes down
im just saying tho embarrasment

serenitybond
direct aim me at
dancerhiphop52
or
[email protected]

Caribbean_Chick
lol yea we realized thatstick out tongue.. wow I just realized there are like 143854965 POTC 2 threadsstick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue*a little exaggerating but oh wellstick out tongue*

Slonik9
Wow. You guy's make my dreams like impossible, but it's good that i'm a strong beliver. Anyway, remember the young elizabeth and will, well did you ever wonder how they got to play in the movie? THE AUDITIONS!!! The casting directors are looking for people that look like the people their looking for, and if they find them, they take them, but they also need to know how to act, if they like you then, there you go you're in. You don't need an agent for castings, thats what castings are for, if there are no actors that really look like the person their looking for then they look for people that do. And thats why i'm going to audition for the sequal, because, well i guess it's worth a try. Savvy?

jack's dudess
there is always a chance, if there ws no chance......what the point in living?

enya
grrrr why do i llive sooooo far away

dreamings always fun but makin them come true is even better

VengeanceGOD
No, actually, without an agent you can't get in unless it says "open audition". Agents set up the auditions. It sucks, but that's how it works.

Hey, I never said no chance, I said "slim chance." If you're still up for it, by all means go for it. In fact, I hope this thread encourages more people than it discourages. I just wanted you guys to have a realistic view of what the process would be like. Unfortunately, thinking Johnny/Orlando are hot won't get you a part. If it did, I'd be a movie star already. smile

jack's dudess
i know the young elizebeth, she goes to my school and is in my agency...so it can come try.though she's a right B!tch

jack's dudess
sorry guys..just found this info on a site.....

I just called Disney Studios- Touchstones pictures number in Burbank..and the lady answered my questions. They don't have open casting calls- and in order to get a part, you have to have an agent. Just thought you would like to know that

CaptainSparrow
I still don't think these auditions that everyone is hearing about are actually going to happen. I'm not saying that they will never have auditions, i'm just saying that these particular ones that everyone is getting excited over, could just be rumours.
I'm like, 90% sure that they're just rumours actually.

And there is no harm in hoping and planning and dreaming!

serenitybond
there is PRACTICLY NO AUDITIONS!!! WHERE DID U GET THAT FROM????????? I MEAN MAYBE THEY DONT EVEN NEED A WILL TURNER DAUGHTER OR NIECE OR WHATEVER!!! ARE U EVEN LISTENING TO ME???? sad

serenitybond
W

jack's dudess
Look!

Diseny studios said there are no open auditions!!

you need to have an agen to auditon in may-august!!!

VengeanceGOD
No. When you use capslock, I go deaf.

jack's dudess
lol......same here........

Raz
There is already an HUGE auditions thread. Please use that one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.