I need recommendation 4 books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

megajoint
I'm looking 4 fantasy one or science fiction....
the kind I loved: (u can pick one and read if u like my style)

dark elf trilogy
dragonlance
deathgate cycle
harry potter
ender's game
the dark sword
the wheel of time
Xanth
The Great Book of Amber 1-10
J.R.R. Tolkien books

that's all I remeber 4 now

got any recommendation????

el_barto
read the enders game series its great big grin

badkittykitty
J.R.R. Tolkien books would be my choice of coarse! smile

EOWYN3
the belgariad series (5- 6 books)by david eddings

dune by frank herbert

switchfootsphin
i strongly recomend garth nix books... for example

Shades children eek!
Sabriel big grin
Lirael big grin
Abhorsen big grin
The keys to the kingdon (Series) Happy Dance

i believe that keys to the kingdon is clasifid as a childrens books in some book stores, but dont let that fool you, they are exelent!

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Metroplex
Drgona lance is pretty good. Try reading the War of the Lance saga and the Twin saga. Thoses are the best. the new ones kinda suck. Enders game is also really good. especially Ender's shadow. For J.r.r Tolkien try reading Silmarillion. It explains the creation of middle Earth.

Lord Soth
Are you saying that there are ANY DragonLance books that suck?!? You're my new archnemesis.

Megajoint-DragonLance is awesome. Like metro said, Read the Chroniclesand the Legends Trilogies first. Then read Dragons of Summer Flame, and then the War of Souls trilogy. After that, you can go any direction you want. And NONE of them suck

badkittykitty
I would really like the Silmarillion to be in out next month's poll for book of the month...if I don't get to read it first! stick out tongue

Laviera_j
I really enjoyed Sabriel by Garth Nix

Oooooh! And Also Spirit Fox by Mickey Zucker Reichert and Jennifer Wingert

megajoint
tnx guyz and girlz I experienced all of the series above except
Shades children
Sabriel
Lirael
Abhorsen

Darth Revan
If you like SW you should try some of the EU stuff--I just got finished with "Heir to the Empire" and there are two more in the series they're good books
I also like the Redwall series it seems corny and kiddie but if you just read them without paying attention to what the characters are, you'll probably find yourself enjoying them

Lord Soth
I know, I loved Redwall until like last year. I have all of them except Taggerung, Triss, and Loamhedge. They're very intriguing stories

Darth Revan
What? Taggerung is the best one! Triss gets second place

Corran
Go with the Wheel of time novels By Robert Jordan.

badkittykitty
Corran! yay!

Corran
badkitty, yay. wink

badkittykitty
smile

Lord Soth
I've tried to read that series, it's kind of hard to get into

Corran
Yes, I got the first book and second books as a birthday present and started to read them, it took until about half-way through the second to get going then you'll not be able to put them down, am currently going through the agonosing wait for the next installment.

Jor'Kul
Well, if you want to listen to a n00b, then try out the Axis Trilogy by Sara Douglass. Her world that she creates is absolutely amazing. The first book is "The Wayfarer Redemption". Definetley worth a read.

badkittykitty
we are all pretty much n00dies wink

Striel
My husband loves a book called Hero's Die. It is sci-fi and fantasy mixed. I cannot remember the authors name, but do a search on it, I think you might like it.

Enders Game is one of my favorite books of all time.

taft
try xanth

and i didnt understand sabriel

the bells and the dad \?

Dreampanther
Finally! Oh God, finally, somebody who's read Roger Zelazny. Obviously, my first recommendation is to read anything and everything by him you can find, he didn't write one bad book in his whole life. And his short stories are even better.

Especially check out the Wild Cards novels he collaborated on with some of the best authors of his time, wherin they created a world filled with superheroes and monsters. Each author created a hero or a monster, some created several, then they got together to write the adventures.

David Gemmell cannot be recommended enough. He kicks Jordan's ass anytime, fast asleep, half-drunk, blind-folded and with one arm tied up behind his back.

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth blew me away, but only for the first three books. After that I started hating him for what he started doing to the characters. Still says something for the author if you can feel so passionately about his creations, though.

Right now the biggest thing happening in the fantasy genre, in my opinion, is the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Every novel just gets bigger and better.

Predator 89
Hero's die i think is by mathew stover. I recomend Darktower I-7
Dune legends, and Saga of seven suns 1-3

Vim
Check out my book and tell me what you think! You can order it off of Amazon.com!

<<Solo>>
Yeah, I'll check it out.

Vim
Yeah and I give you a sneak, like six or seven pages of the first pages right here on KMC!

Kamion
I quite agree, i loved the amber series.

The sixth book was my favorite in this series, i must say, and what was wrong with the forth?

anyway, my recomendations include...
Belgariad, Mallorean by David Eddings
The Fionivar Tapestries by Guy Gavrial Kay
Gravity by Tess Gertruide, although this might be a little out of your league
Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
I really like HIS DARK MATERIALS series by phillup pullman, and i think that you would also.
If you want a science fiction laugh, try the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and related series. Those are GREAT! 42!

zafubebubots
try reading the shannara books
they are pretty good

Dreampanther
I HATE Goodkind for what he did in the fourth. Absolutely HATE him. On the other hand, I have to admit, I enjoyed the sixth again. And I LOVE him for the first three.

I don't know how to put spoilers, otherwise I would explain why I hated him for the fourth. I just thought he could have handled it differently. It's a personal thing, I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

As I said, waking up that kind of passion in me is a sign of a good author, but I tell everybody to stop reading after the third. That's my punishment of Goodkind for what he did to Richard, Kahlan and me.

But I don't think there is a single novel by Gemmell that I haven't read at least twice, and some of them I have read more than a dozen times. I kid you not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.