Jaws!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
My absolute all time favourite movie. I could talk about it for hours. Anyone else of the same opinion? (Prepare to be bored by me if you are!)

juggernaut26
well i really liked the original jaws but still havn't seen the others. they good?

SlipknoT
No! all of the sequels are so horribal

Evil Dead
Not all of the sequels are horrible.......

Jaws 2 is decent.........atleast it has the original cast.

Part 3 is okay to watch if you're really bored and don't mind the cheesiest 3-D you've ever seen.

All copies of Jaws 4 should be collected and burned........those who refuse to turn over their copies of Jaws 4 for disposal should be shot.

amity75
Jaws 2 is ok in places but I'd rather perform root canal surgery on myself than watch 3 and 4.

Vegeta
The first Jaws is my favorite.The second was okay and the other two were awful.

Pirate_Girly
Thats rude, cause i have Jaws 4, and i dont deserve to be shot. Learn how to get some un offensive opinions.
Anyway, I liked Jaws 1,2,4 3 was not that good. But, my favorite is probably 2

Evil Dead
"Thats rude, cause i have Jaws 4, and i dont deserve to be shot. Learn how to get some un offensive opinions"

#1. I did not say that those people who own Jaws 4 should be shot. I said only those people who would REFUSE to turn over thier copies to the authorities (if the authorities did actually decide to burn all copies should be shot).

#2. Shut up..........nothing I posted was rude or offensive. If you find my personal opinion of a movie that you read on the internet to be personally offensive to you, perhaps you do need to be shot .

wicker_man
Jaws is one of my all time favorite films, the head popping out of the boat scene gets me every time and after seeing that film i was well and truly afraid to go back into the water, it was also a film that generated some legendary lines including You're going to need a bigger boat ! and Smile you son of a b**** as for the sequels which seems to be generating some heated discussion at the moment, i have nothing against them (in fact i own all four) and while they'll never eclipse the original they're pretty good fun never the less.

glenn
1 and 2 are quality

3 and 4 are utter crap

Holcomb
the original was great and scared me off the water for a little.

the 4th was a great comedy.

andyF1
sh sh shark theres a shark in the pond, michaels in the pond

i saw this movie when i was just a wee lad, and have seen it many times since, fantastic story and characters you really care about.

JAWS!

glenn
I think that hooper should have died.

amity75
Here's to swimmin with bow legged wimmin.

glenn
Uh Hooper thats the U.S.S Indianapolis.

amity75
You were on the Indianapolis?

Mr Parker
I pretty much agree.The first was awesome.Jaws 2 was pretty good.
jaws 3 was okay,so so.Jaws 4 sucked.That movie really had an impact for many years on people willing to go into the water at a beach.

glenn
What Happened

glenn
If anybody knows quints line of by heart. Be my guest.

andyF1
Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss): You were on the Indianapolis?
Brody (Roy Scheider): What happened?
Quint: Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin' back, from the island of Tinian Delady, just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know, you know that when you're in the water, chief? You tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. Well, we didn't know. `Cause our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Huh huh. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The sharks come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like `ol squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark would go for nearest man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces.
Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player, bosom's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well... he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He'd a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks ttook the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

A.D. Skinner
Okay...in my humble opinion...

I think that Jaws is an awesome movie...does it make it on my top 5 list ? Probably not...possibly in my top 10...but I haven't really sat down and created one.

I think the casting for the movie was precise. I think that Robert Shaw was a awesome Quint ( as well as liking him in The Sting, but this thread isn't about that, is it ? ). Richard Dreyfuss was great as Hooper...I couldn't imagine anyone else playing that character, and I don't think he should have died. Roy Scheider played Brody quite well...though there are moments during the film where he seems a little drawn out and boring.

As for the plot...seeing as this movie came out when I was very young...it scared every kid in the world to go into the water. Just the possibility was overwhelming. I loved the story of the Indianapolis as Quint told it...his accent really made the story that much more intense. And then the following sequence where Quint, Hooper and Brody begin to show their battle scars...( With Hooper winning from having a broken heart ! )

The movie provides us movie lovers with a lot of quotable lines...which one of my favorites is from Quint.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him"

amity75
"Whale noises"

glenn
Shall we start the whole movie speeches from the beginning all the way to the end.

amity75
I couldnt think of a better idea! You go first.

botankus
In Jaws 4 Michael Caine emerges from the water onto the boat and the next camera shot of him has him in completely dry clothing.

glenn
Right I'll start then since i had to watch it to get it fresh in my mind.

There's not much talk at the beach party so i'll start while they are running to the sea.

'What was your name again'

Julieslighted
Did everyone know that Tom Noonan and Terri Garber had a hot affair during the making of "North and South 3" and that she tried to get him to leave his wife? She has also had a 20 year affair with Tony Roberts.

Elektra_lover
Dun nun Dun nun Dun nun nun nun nun nun

bakerboy
First jaws is a classic. One of the best movies ever. I love the scenes between Quint and Hooper.

Second one is ok.

Third and four are garbage.

Scarpa
Jaws was one of the greatest horror flicks ever

linwe_felagund
I loved 1 and 2 ... 3 was so fake... and 4 just made not sence at all !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.