I am being Serious!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Just went to see TORK for my 5th time today, I Noticed whulst watching the film that....(i am not racisim or nowt) but I havent seen any "black" cast members in LOTR. I mentioned this to my friend and he started to say alot of legal things saying that you "have" to have atleast1 black character in a film?....i suppose it could be lies

the Mamikul riders had their faces sheilfed and the leaders were in face paint and whatnot but I am sure they are "white"

Discos - ?

nazgulinthedark
uh...do orcs count?

Discos
good point, I dont know wether they were or were not

Kitoky
LotR was filmed along the lines in which how Tolkien wrote it and if you're going to call the movies racist then just go ahead and call the books racist because they're in the same boat. Tolkien wrote the books as a history of Europe which mostly consists of Whites and dark skinned people, not the blacks.

These things may seem really racist but it's how things are and you can't just let a simple thing as that think otherwise of a great and successful book/movie.

And if I didn't see blacks working on this project then it would've been an entirely different thing, but I mean I came to a conclusion that alot of blacks don't really appreciate Tolkien's work as the Whites simply because I guess it wasn't their sort of taste in books.

Some blacks worked on the WETA and designing area and some on the stunt team and we all really appreciate them in doing that. I mean, they have our (or atleast my) great thanks because they made this film possible.

So I end my rant -

Discos
My dad said the exact thing, "oi dont slag the book, this is tolkiens doing,"

sorry for my "complaint" but I was just wondering if PJ ever made a comment or so on this?

shadowy_blue
I don't think PJ has any comment about it, he's just following the book. smile

KidRock
who cares if there were no black people?

Exa
There are black people - most of the stuntmen are, and for example Sala Baker (who had several roles to play) also is.

ash007
yeah no offesive to black people but who reallyt cares i mean there are blacks so what
i am not trying to be rude but i dont see a point

sauron
there were LOADS of 'ethnically minorotized individuals' in lotr

sauron was an ethnically minorotized individual in the film...sala baker...so was witchy sala baker agin (att times) lurtz...sala baker big grin

alot of the stuntmen were too...just none of the MAIN chaaracters, thats how tolkien wrote it.......when the racism laws werent so strict

Kitoky
Sala Baker rocks man

Discos
lol ok good point Sauron,

not being rude either but does it say in the book what colour the characters were or is it in the salmarillion, or simply just general knowledge

Kitoky
Simply General Knowledge, Tolkien wrote it basically about the Whites of Europe.

sauron
well if you look at the middle earth map...which corresponds with europe...the places in lotr are in the west..part...prob white

aragorn was (before the movies) believed to look native indianish...by many

Kitoky
Oh so that's why he was in Hidalgo...

stick out tongue

aniron
there probably were black ppl, but were covered in costume and make up anyway, I mean when you thing about it, ppl as orcs or as those ppl with masks over their faces in ttt, or just running around in the background, remember that the camera really only focuses on main characters.
And I'm not trying to be racist but who does care, why has the person who started this thread singled black ppl out, they aren't different, I've had enough! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kitoky
aniran...go take a nap hun

aniron
eh?

Kitoky
You seem...really......angry...go breathe

aniron
Ok I'm going to go into the shire and relax, tra!

Discos
ah Aniron I am not bringing black people down, I was just "wondering" I didnt actually know why.

Tbh I didnt really care if there were black people in it or not, I was wondering

aniron
what does tbh mean or was it a mis type? I know u were wondering but there has been threads like this b4 sorry to sound mean.

Kitoky
Okie wait a minute, you let more Orlando Bloom threads to be created in which usually discussing the same thing over and over and over again and you're commenting on about how other threads like this has been made before? Ok there is something wrong with that picture.

Leggy_n_Merry
oh ok this is turning into a debate ahhh lol people be calm lol sorry im being stupid

aniron
I didn't say I was happy about another orlando bloom thread I was just sticking up for the person that started it, if he/she is a newvie then he/she dpn't know that there has been a lot of orli threads alright, geesh whatswith the pciking on me today?

Kitoky
We weren't even picking on the person that started the thread. The arguement about newbies came from the Gollum_Gal which got smart with us.

aniron
I didn't like the way people pointed out that he/she was a newbie though, it doesn't matter, and I didn't say u were picking on the person either, all I said was that teh person that started the topic was on about orli and christina ricci, nawt else, but ever 1 started on the person about orlando, it was at the bottom of the forum, it was going until ppl started haveing ago at this person, I think it's fair to hear the two sides, this is off topic so lets just leave the subject go as orlando threads aren't killing ppl.

Kitoky
Pfft, I'm too angry to say anything else.

sauron
what picture kit *looks*

im scared lol

aniron
ha ha defeat lol jk

Kitoky
Hmm? What do you mean?

sauron
what picture!!! stick out tongue

if you mean THIS picture we alredy agreed there is NOTHING wrong with it!! its very nice stick out tongue

Kitoky
LOL, no no it was just a expression of speech. There's no picture. I like that picture. smile

sauron
( i know it was a figure of speech..im having some fun big grin)

oh so you like that picture well did you mean THIS picture!!!!

(my own made spoof big grin)

Kitoky
Hahahahhaha

orlandoOYEA
he he he

fini
ohhhhhhhhhh FFS why oh why are we talking about this again?????????????????

YES and I DO COMPLAIN about why we have 32174 orli/legolas/how hot anyone is" threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.