Booo @ New Line for Freddy vs. Jason

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
I was watching the VH1 show "Super Secret Movie Rules" or something tonight when they focused on slasher films. When it comes to Friday the 13th.......they interviewed Betsy Palmer.

When I watched Freddy vs. Jason and saw that a new woman was playing Pamela Voorhies I thought that maybe Betsy Palmer was too haggard or some other way unfit to reprise the role.

Nope........she still looks dead on like she did in Friday the 13th....just a bit older. She could have easily reprised her role. Now why the hell did New Line recast the role..........the role of the killer from the movie that started all movies leading up to Freddy vs. Jason? For no good reason that's why. What a bunch of idiots. They said they made this movie for us fans..........did they think that us fans would not notice?

Freddy_vs_Jason
i think they think that the fans wouldn't really give a flying ****, i dont, i thnk the new pamele voorhees is better, out with the old, in with the new

Evil Dead
um........no. You are 100% completely wrong on both of your assertions.

tabby999
if you think with the "in with the new out with the old" way then you may as well ditch Jason and Freddy and make a dozen Jeepers Creepers

Evil Dead
tabby......that idea makes me shudder...........

- shudders - ooooh......

Freddy_vs_Jason
*points and laughs*

laughing out loud

SlipknoT
I hate that phrase "out with the old and in with the new", most of the time the old is better

Evil Dead
yeah........if Freddy vs Jason up there wants out with the old, in with the new............good for him.

He can have his I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend and Jeepers Creepers movies...............I'll stick with my Amityville Horror, The Texas Chaisaw Massacre, Hellraiser and Last House on the Left movies.

venomfan
Amityville Horror that movie was down right scary, one of the best horror films ever

Jason420
mrs voorhees is a classic killer and she shouldve never been changed to a different old woman instead of the real mrs voorhees "out with the old in with the new?" what a crock of S**t.....freddy vs jason is still my fav movie though

Freddy_vs_Jason
oh i cant wait 2 see it........

Michael Myers 1
im gonna burn that movie yes

amlap
i def dont see them not trying to get the original Mrs. Voorhees... maybe she couldnt do the part? because they pyut so much into this movie to make it fo rhte fans that i dont see them just pasting something like this by...
but it doesnt matter, cause we prob will never know

swordmaster
That is a crock of s**t, the only reason I can think of why they wouldnt cast the original mrs. voorhees is because either she wouldnt do it or they just didnt try. And if they just didnt try, then they should be beaten like theyre mothers should have...beaten them...cause theyre gay.

Jason420
yeah^

Evil Dead
"only reason I can think of why they wouldnt cast the original mrs. voorhees is because either she wouldnt do it or they just didnt try"

Based on the fact that she just did the VH1 show dedicated to slasher movies...............was interviewed in the Friday the 13th segment.......and responded to the question of who would win in the Freddy vs. Jason movie with "whatever my boy wants...he'll win".......I somehow doubt that she wouldn't have done the movie. I'm sure she would have been paid more for it than VH1 paid her to do a little interview..........an interview she did partly in character none the less.

This leaves only one option.............they didn't ask her.

swordmaster
well sorry for not watching or caring about VH1.

BackFire
The people in charge of casting for Freddy vs Jason messed up alot. They didn't have Kane Hodder, which was a huge mistake. Plus they didn't have the original Mrs. Vorhees, which, while not as being a huge mistake as ditching the usual actor who plays jason, is still strange and foolish.

The only reason I can think of is they simply wanted different people, for some reason.

Jason420
yeah^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.