Which horror series has.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
- deviated most from it's original concept.......the original horror movie....

- has stayed the most true to it's original concept......the original movie.

I think the first one has to be Halloween. They took a story about a guy who escaped a mental hospital, returned to his hometown and killed babysitters into a whole mythology about some unstopable evil needing to kill his family members. A very far cry from the original concept.....

I'd have to say the second is probably Hellraiser. With 6 movies released........all follow the same concept. Evil Cenobites from Hell led by Pinhead come to Earth to claim those people whose greedily lust for all pleasures leads them to open the puzzle box.

SlipknoT
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- a story about a bunch of 20 somthings going out to investigate if ones grandfathers grave has been robbed, then going on and eventually all but one meeting there death from a retarded cannibal

Michael Myers 1
For the first one i would say Halloween 1 and 2 (didnt last long) Hellraise (all of them), NOEM (its about freddy going into your dreams all the time chasing kids) and Friday the 13th (the first couple)

Evil Dead
you misunderstood the question...........

Which horror movie SERIES has CHANGED in CONCEPT the most from the FIRST movie to the NEXT movies.

All Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies are basically about the same thing. A family of cannibals who terrorize and kill unsuspecting people.

Evil Dead
Michael Myers 1........I think you might have misunderstood aswell.

If not, please explain your answers. You are listing a bunch of movies.....I asked two questions. One answer for each question.

If you think the Halloween series changed more than any others.....the answer is simply Halloween.

Mordecai
I totally agree. yes

h0ck3yh0rr0r
1. Hellraiser series (what evil dead said)
2. Lecter series (forensic psychiatrist that is involved in crimes etc etc)
3. Halloween series (what evil dead said)

the movie that made no impact in horror movies would have to be

LEPRECHAUN.

wicker_man
The Evil Dead Series ~ Five teenagers taking an excursion to the woods where an evil presence is waiting...ok teenagers and evil presences may go 'hand-in-hand' but Rami pulled it off to be one of the most innovative spins on this old yarn.

tabby999
well spotted

Michael Myers 1
Dammit i just noticed what i said sorry i take it back i wish i could edit my posts........... damn

SlipknoT
another horror that has had no impact what so ever has to be mothers day, it was a mix of deliverence and friday the 13th,but it was very bad

amlap
puppet master always had the same concept

samhain
The answer is Friday the 13th. The original was about an unknown killer stalking camp counsellors, it later transpires that the killer is the mother of a young boy who had drowned due to counsellor negligence. Every Friday the 13th movie since still has teenagers being killed while they screw and get stoned in the woods but the killer has moved from an innocent looking woman to her unkillable son and the shots of an unknown person roaming the forest has changed to shots of Jason, standing in the middle of the road, impaling people on branches, slamming them into trees, etc.

I think that makes the Friday franchise the series that has deviated from it's concept the most, I think the Hannibal Lector series has stayed true to it's originality.

samhain
I suppose Poltergeist stayed with it's concept.

BackFire
Friday the 13th.... It started out as a movie about a mother getting revenge on camp councelors for allowing her son to drown....and the latest movei in the series was about a mutated zombie robot on a spaceship.

Of the Dead Trilogy...all center around zombies becoming gradually stronger then humanity.

samhain
I can't believe I forgot Romero!

wicker_man
I always saw the Dead Trilogy as humans descent from civilized humanity.

samhain
But society breaks down and crumbles all around this zombie crisis, the zombies themselves do not change. There's something in that, I'm not sure what but there's something there.

BackFire
yeah, but zombies becoming stronger is the basic, vague plot of all of them. The humans reverting into savages isn't shown strongly untill day of the dead.

wicker_man
Yeah, but the zombies did only become strong due to their ratio which was not really shown in Night and indeed Dawn but really shown (in its extent) in Day.

samhain
No. Thought I had it for a minute there but I lost it.

BackFire
Yeah, but at the end of Night of the Living dead they have a larger number then at the beginning. But anyways, this is all irrevervant. The point is that the of the dead series has stayed true to it's original storyline, and simply progressed without going off track.

wicker_man
Have to agree with you there BF.

samhain
Do you think the NOES films stayed true to the concept? I know they got more ridiculous, but I'm not too sure if they strayed from the idea.

wicker_man
What about the whole concept behind New Nightmare ?

samhain
True, but I wouldn't really count that as a NOES film, plus NN was better than the previous couple of NOES efforts.

wicker_man
True the latter entires were pretty poor and a mere excuse to demonstrate exciting and innovative ways of killing people (although NoES 3 : Dream Warriors was pretty cool in a cheesy sort of way) But back on the point i don't really think the series stayed true to its original concept, i think the series lost that when Nancy died in Dream Warriors.

samhain
I agree with you there. The series should have finished at part3.
Another film series that lost the plot(quite literally) was the Blair Witch Project.

wicker_man
Agreed, the second one was more like a rock video for a heavy metal band.

samhain
Not a particularly good heavy metal band either.

Michael Myers 1
lol they both stunk

samhain
Do you mean both BWP MM1?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.