Onslaught..... pics, info anything about him..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magee
I was just wondering wats the deal with this onslaught guy... I know he's proff x or something, along with other peoples mutant abilitys.
Any pics or info on him would be great!! big grin

VengeanceGOD
Info: Onslaught is a manifestation of Xavier gone insane. When Xavier wiped Magneto's mind on Asteroid M (after Magneto sucked the adamantium out of Wolverine), a piece of Magneto jumped into Xavier. It lay dormant for months, until the frustration of mutant hatred, Psylocke being gutted by Sabertooth, and the guilt over wiping Magneto's mind became too much for Xavier. He snapped, like any normal person would, but because of Magneto's influence the temporary outburst became something far far worse. Bearing psi-armor similar to magneto's armor, but far more large and menacing, Onslaught began conquering, using information from the Age of Apocalypse and absorbing psi-talents like Nate Grey and the young Richards. Ultimately, he separated himself from Xavier, and was beaten back by a savage hulk, who tore apart his psi-armor. With the armor gone, the only way to stop him was to throw non-mutants into the psychic being he had become. Earth's heroes volunteered, and the Avengers and the Fantastic Four died.

http://www.cannonspike.com/CamFan/capcom/vs-games/mvc-onslaught.gif http://www.thetma.com/uploads/028720/onslaught-huge.gif http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~vlemming/onsl1.jpg http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/pictures/reqs/onslaught.gif http://www.x-men.pl/komiksusa/cross/onslaught/graf/oxm.jpg http://xmen.dreamers.com/images/comics/ons/onslaught-mu.jpg

Magee
wow cooool.
man i wish i could find comics.... just i live in the uk and the comics r shit

Darth Vicious
Just so u know theres been a few threads about this, mostrecently overin the SuperHeroes hread. check it out by the wayVengeance, nicely done!

X-Menfan2003
Onslaught is the best thing about the X-Men. The Onslaught saga is one of the best storylines, which includes my fav marvel team, the Fantastic Four. He is the most powerful foe the world has ever known, as as everyone knows, it took most of the mavel univese to finally take him down. If we all lucky, he'll appear in Ultimate X-Men soon enough.

X-Menfan2003
Onslaught is the best thing about the X-Men. The Onslaught saga is one of the best storylines, which includes my fav marvel team, the Fantastic Four. He is the most powerful foe the world has ever known, and as everyone knows, it took most of the mavel univese to finally take him down. If we all lucky, he'll appear in Ultimate X-Men soon enough.

X-Menfan2003
Onslaught is the best thing about the X-Men. The Onslaught saga is one of the best storylines, which includes my fav marvel team, the Fantastic Four. He is the most powerful foe the world has ever known, and as everyone knows, it took most of the mavel univese to finally take him down. If were all lucky, he'll appear in Ultimate X-Men soon enough.

Vampiree
X-menfan2003: we understood... ye didn't have to repeat it THREE TIMES ^^

mpatterson
onslaught ive got the iron man onslaught with the black panther and quicksilver and the x-force cable & deadpool in the onslaught saga.
some people like the secret war saga better.

Ninjamaster
so what was all the hate and dissatisfaction about him over there.
I understand many people didn't like this particular X-Crossover!
Wonder why?

celestialdemon
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just read at IGN that Onslaught is coming back to Marvel as a result of the House of M. He's going to be hunting down Franklin Richards. How many people think this story is going to stink like the previous Onslaught story?

masterkit
Im Not Sure cuz I dont remember him but you sed Richards So Im assuming this should be posted in comic book forum

pr1983
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just read at IGN that Onslaught is coming back to Marvel as a result of the House of M. He's going to be hunting down Franklin Richards. How many people think this story is going to stink like the previous Onslaught story?

Whoa... if he's after franklin richards then kit is already similar to the onslaught story...

any chance of a link to the article?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by pr1983
Whoa... if he's after franklin richards then kit is already similar to the onslaught story...

any chance of a link to the article?

My bad for taking this long. Just remembered I posted this. Here's the link:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/720/720706p1.html

celestialdemon
Originally posted by masterkit
Im Not Sure cuz I dont remember him but you sed Richards So Im assuming this should be posted in comic book forum

Nah, Onslaught is an X-character. He was a combination of Xavier and Magneto together. He later absorbed both Franklin Richards and Nate Grey to take their powers.

pr1983
My bad for taking this long. Just remembered I posted this. Here's the link:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/720/720706p1.html

thx...

Nah, Onslaught is an X-character. He was a combination of Xavier and Magneto together. He later absorbed both Franklin Richards and Nate Grey to take their powers.

true, which begs the question, how the hell is he going to reappear?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by pr1983
true, which begs the question, how the hell is he going to reappear?

Good question. This is the House of M, though, so who knows.

steverules

Decay
i read all the onslaught stuff. he was a cool concept, but the story skrewed with and contradicted some established rules in the marvel universe. its worth a read but its frustrating sometimes becuase it seems like they just wanted to create a huge event to sell comics rather than make a great story that tied in to everything else.

zslick
Onslaught's physical form was destroyed by the gathered heroes (whose ranks now included the Hulk, Namor the Sub-Mariner, and surprisingly, Doctor Doom). In doing so, however, they unleashed his full extent of his power. Unchecked, Onslaught used his power to create a second sun, with which he intended to destroy the Earth. The heroes determined that they could enter Onslaught's energy-based form and use their own bodies to contain Onslaught's psychic energy while the mutants, now having something tangible to hit, would unleash all their firepower on the heroes to destroy Onslaught, which would kill the heroes in the process. Furthermore, using a mutant to contain Onslaught's energy would allow Onslaught to draw upon that mutant's power to increase his own. The Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Bruce Banner (but not the Hulk, who was physically separated from Banner during the battle), and an unwilling Doctor Doom appeared to sacrifice their lives in this fashion. Namor and the Scarlet Witch (both mutants) were also among those who sacrificed themselves. The Scarlet Witch used her probability-control powers to shield herself so that she could enter, and Namor may have been able to enter due to the fact that he is a human-Atlantean hybrid, rather than a traditional Homo Superior. Thanks to Franklin Richards' power, the heroes who gave their lives to destroy Onslaught did not die; instead, they were reborn in a pocket dimension (Heroes Reborn). This dimension was contained within a ball that Franklin would carry with him until the missing heroes were able to return.

In this pocket dimension, during a chaotic event involving the impending detonation of the gamma power core of the Avengers headquarters (which was later revealed to be a breach in space and time), Onslaught himself briefly appeared as a non-corporeal being. With the departure of Rob Liefeld and Jeph Loeb from the Avengers title, this mysterious occurrence was never touched upon again; however, in late 2006, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Onslaught event, a mini-series, Onslaught Reborn, by Loeb and Liefeld, will see the villain return and explore this dangling plot thread.

Phoenix Forever
whoa...

Face
Onslaught was one of the hardest to defeat thor cyclops fantastic 4 and the rest of the x-men all used alot of there powers to no avail only till thor cracked his psionic armour and cyclops blast hit him did the giant fall but onslaught used his e.m. shock wave and took out half the a city

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.