Mace Windu in "A New Hope"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedicapra
If you look at the charactor description for Mace Windu at the Official Site, it
states that "Mace Windu was a character in the first drafts of the screenplay for
the original 1977 Star Wars." I am just curious as to what role you think he may
have played? Furthermore, do you think that Lucus will add him back in to the
original movie in some future special edition if his popularity increases due to the
new prequels?

Darth Daft
I think it may have been just the name that Lucas was going to use in the OT, rather than the actual character. Although, if he were to still be a Jedi Master then perhaps he would have the same sort of role as Ben or Yoda.
I don't think any other special editions will include him in it, as I believe he will be killed in Episode 3.

theEviljedi
Of course he will be killed.Otherwise he would have help Yoda and Ben train Luke.

King Jedi
Mace Windu was the very first name that Lucas wrote when he started to write Star Wars. There have probably been a few characters with that name in previous drafts.

Darth Daft
In the first drafts for Star Wars wasn't Luke called Anakin Starkiller or something? And he lived on the planet Utopia.

Dim
I think it was Luke Starkiller...and I believe he had a brother named Kane Starkiller...I know there was a Mace Windu in some of the early drafts..I think he was Luke's father's friend.

Darth Daft
I have the first draft of it on my computer and I've tried reading it but I couldn't get stuck in. But I'll check to make sure if there's a Mace Windu in it.

Ratcat
Whilst those early drafts are interesting and do have clues to some eve=nts, as a whole they don't really resemble anything we have seen cinimatically.

Darth Daft
Do you think Samuel L Jackson will have a beard for his part in Episode 2?

theEviljedi
Of course not.

Ratcat
No. The Spy picks of him didn't show a beard.

theEviljedi
And besides,he would look very bad with one.

Darth Daft
Well its set 10 years after TPM. How will they make him look older?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.