Finally, A forum with people who enjoy Korn!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NickKorn
Finally Every forum I'd go to was full of KoRn Bashers.

Whats ur favourite koRn album I love fallow the leader and "KoRn" but I just got T.A.L.I.T.M. and I'm falling in love with it.

"Mercy I can Allow, Through your face my fist will plow, watching as your blood pours down, LET'S DO THIS NOW!!!

SlipknoT
KoRns pretty good

yeah word Korn's nice...i think my favorite is life is peachy or follow the leader...i like em both about the same

in flames
love korn my fav is KoRn and issues. my fav song is need too

nazgulinthedark
did the forums you were in enjopy toby keith? please...everyone hates him around here

NickKorn
lol Toby Keith eh?

nazgulinthedark
yes...toby keith love

stinkfist462
blink

"korn" and "issues" are my fav

nazgulinthedark
blink???

loserib
i hate korn but i think im like the only one

nazgulinthedark
then we are the only two!

smittenkitten
Many people in this forum also like stellar bands such as Evanescence and Linkin Park. As you can see, this is a place for high-minded individuals. And apparently, you fit right in.

Korn sucks.

-Smitten Kitten-

nazgulinthedark
what? i didnt understand a word of what you said...toby keith rules

loserib
i dont like insyncin park either

smittenkitten
I was being facetious. And, that was directed at NickKorn. What an ingenius handle.

-Smitten Kitten-

loserib
oh ok i did not catch it at first but you know i liked korn till i saw them live what a horrible horrible live show they have

in flames
theu used be greta live untill they stopped being hyper on stage..jon stoped freaking out on stage..in thier early days they used to rock live!

total metalhead
ive seen them live 5 times, and they can have their off days, but 3 of the 5 times ive seen them they were great.

but even if they we're truly bad live, i would still love them for their music, because it is (mostly) original, emotional and powerful. i dont care what anyone else says bout Korn and im not gonna argue with people who hate them.

oh yeah and their best albums, 1.) Korn 2.) Life Is Peachy 3.) TALITM

loserib
ive seen them three times and they blew goats every time im surprised a band that can sound that shitty can get so big

total metalhead
like i said they have off days.

Myth
Guess what guys? All Day I Dream About Sex! Isn't that great?

total metalhead
yes

i dont know your f**kin name so what lets......f**k

total metalhead
you know what really ticks me off about a lot of Korn-fans? they all think Follow The Leader is the best. Its so not. Its pretty good, but its nowhere near as good as their first two. It only has 6 maybe 7 good songs on it, and its the least emotional out of all their cds. If it wasnt for the travesty that is Untouchables, Follow The Leader would be their worst.

that is all.

Darth Revan
I don't not like Korn

They're ok

total metalhead
thumb down what songs of theirs have you heard?

Darth Revan
Not a whole lot just a few things on the radio

Like "Y'all wanna single" stick out tongue

total metalhead
mad that blows

listen to their stuff from 10 years ago and you will understand why they are the greatest yes

Df02
I dont like KoRn
I dont like Linkin Park
I dont like Slipknot

Flame me!!! lol
seriously, i hate all the above mentioned bands

total metalhead
Who said anything about Linkin Park or Slipknot? I dont like either of those bands, never have.

Please don't include Korn with those two. Korn have produced some of the most emotional, innovative and powerful music I have ever heard, and I've heard a lot. They may not be everyones thing, but people who right them off as mindless mall-core metal like LP and Slipknot are idiots. And Jonathan Davis is my hero.

Red Superfly
I like all of Korns older stuff. A couple from Follow The Leader and one or two from Untouchables.

I like the thrashing rock Korn songs more than any of the others. Some of their songs can be rubbish.

Freak On A Leash and Here To Stay may be their most famous ones but I'd have to say they are the best ones from their respective albums, that's my opinion anyway.

total metalhead
Yep Korn and Life Is Peachy are their best albums by far, and Take A Look In The Mirror is nice and heavy and Issues is good because its different. Untouchables is shit full stop.

I agree Here To Stay is the best song on Untouchables, but Freak On A Leash is no way the best on Follow The Leader.

Df02
people have mentioned those 3 bands at various points in this thread/ive seen em in signatures... didnt link em all together, not by a long shot..im not saying they are like LP or Slipknot, im just saying o dont like any of those bands.

KoRn - the whole sound has got old for me, they were amazing, one of my favourite bands for a long time.. but ive got sooo bored because all the songs seem to have the same sound (not sound the same, but can be instantly recognised as a korn song. if u get me...this can be good, for a while -.-)
Slipknot - Mindless, emotionless metal *yawn* and the whole gimic thing was a bad start even before i heard their music lol
Linkin park - well....imo its not even metal, so i wont rate it since im not a pop fan and cant comment on it

Red Superfly
What do you think is? I was just using that as a for instance. I love the video for Freak On A Leash - bloody brilliant.

total metalhead
Yeah the video is pretty amazing, but in my opinion the best song on the album is either Dead Bodies Everywhere or My Gift To You. They are both epic songs.

total metalhead
I know what you mean about the whole recognisable sound thing, but thats not necessarily a bad. I can also see why you could get bored of Korn, they do keep the same thread running through a lot of their albums.

On second thoughts, I don't think your entirely correct about always being able to recognise them, because the first two albums sound completely and utterly different to their 4th and 5th albums, and when I first heard Got The Life, it took me several minutes to realise it was Korn, and then it was only because I recognised the vocals in the chorus. I think the fact that Korn are so recognisable is down mainly to Jon Davis easily distinguishable voice, not their music.

Pretty Girl
yes, yes, its all good for you and your korn loving firends

but where are the country fans, that is the question

ragesRemorse
Now Korn and Life is peachy were probably my favorite albums by korn, but i think follow the leader or issues are far more talented albums. issues was a little bland but the musical tracks were amazing. It seems they have more controll over there music, and more direction in the lyrics. I know everyone has there opinions of music, but all these fans piss me off, if you were a real fan, you would be more forgiving and understanding to a band that wants to explore new avenues and possibilities in there future. By seeing the directions and limits of there talents they are trying to keep everything new and original instead of sticking to what works because it sells albums. How much longer did you really expect them to scream uncontrollably into the microphone? Yeah that was great and worked well with there first two albums, but it gets redundant after a while

total metalhead
I agree with you, but I never said I disliked Follow The Leader because it was something new, in fact I didn't even say I disliked Follow The Leader, I just think it's largely overrated.

Korn was their strongest album, full of passion and anger, Life Is Peachy was very nearly as good, its very strange but utterly gripping, Follow The Leader was a nice step away from the Korn-formula but really isn't consistent enough to be as good as people say. Issues I completely agree with what you said. Musically its as close to a masterpiece as Korn will get, it was dark and epic, but yes, at times it could be slightly bland. Untouchables is the only Korn album I don't like. Its fine to experiment, but Untouchables just took the whole new sound thing way out of hand. It's an awful record. TALITM is much better, its hard heavy and relentless, and does away with cristiscm people make of Korn being too 'whiny'. However it is slightly repetetive at times.

And finally, about your comment about them screaming into the microphone uncontrollably on the first two albums, im sorry but that is just plain wrong. Clown (the best song on Korn) has no screaming what so ever, and Mr Rogers (the best song on Life Is Peachy) has very little. Both albums have some moments of uncontrolled screams, but they are used well, and do not dominate the songs. There are literally a hundreds of bands who scream a lot more than Korn.

ElectricBugaloo
Korn... meh

total metalhead
Explain

ElectricBugaloo
i like some of their music, but overall...meh

total metalhead
But why 'meh'? They're not usually the kind of band you just kind of like. Most people either love em or hate em.

Df02
not only the sound is recognisable, but all the (pardon the word) whingy topics keep coming up in alll their congs, and its got to the stage where ive had enough hearing about it all lol

total metalhead
But like I said previously, TALITM their latest album isn't whingy in the slightest. Its angry, violent and hard, but definitely not whingy or whiney.

You know saying that, you can't really blame Jonathan Davis for whining a little. He did have a pretty horrific childhood.

Df02
aye i know, but im judging him as a musician, not as a person lol (im a cold hearted bastard, ull get to know that about me lol....garuantee it) i couldnt care less about him as a person, to me hes a musician, an artist, and entertainer....nothing more, if i like the music, i like him, if i dont...i couldnt care less.

sure, make a few albums about ur childhood...1, maybe 2, but then after those 2 u end up repeating urself and imo end up just sounding whingy........hence why i said i like their older stuff, and used to like them alot

total metalhead
Well that might be the problem then. For me one of the most important things in music is emotion, real, from-the heart sincere emotion, and because of his experiences, Jon emotes more than any other vocalist I've heard. Thats what attracted me to the band in the first place, and the fact that he can emote so powerfully and vividly ten years on is why they're still my favorite band.

I don't really think he repeats himself. Ok so he does sing about that one topic quite a lot, but he tackles it from so many different angles and expresses himself in such a variety of ways. And apart from the first 2 none of their albums sound (musically) alike.

They've been my favorite band for almost seven years, so I'm not likely to just give up on them.

Df02
im not trying to convince u to give em up lol, far from it...i appreaciate musical preferences etc.

Emotion is important, yes... but i listen to music for the music, being a musician myself (techno, breakbeat, digital hardcore........digital style music, which actually requires ALOT more musical knowledge than playing a guitar etc ) i listen to music to appreaciate the technical aspects, vocals mean very little to me on 90% of tracks i listen to, other than to be a nice layering of sound.

thats just me, i may be listening to music for a strange reason, maybe not....but thats what i like about music. the actualy music and technical stuff

total metalhead
Wow then I'm surprised you like Korn at all. They're first 2 albums were very basic when it came to all that technical stuff. For me lyrics are half the package. Instrumental music or very simple lyrics used just as a layer like you mentioned really dont do much for me.

I know sampling and sequencing and what not is complex and difficult, but writing a strong, catchy guitar riff also takes a hell of a lot of skill and patience. I know from experience. But then again, I've never been good with knobs and switches and junk, so I won't argue about something I don't understand.

Df02
no dont worry about it, i understand the complexities of both sides and appreciate/respect all musicians - my mate is a very good guitarist and makes samples etc for me, itell him the kind of things im looking for and he creates the riffs lol ^^.

simplicity is good, and im not talking about simple lyrics, rock music is a lot more technical than ppl give it credit for lol, the vocals for songs create a seperate rythm from the music, lol - cant really describe well....but its like another instrument to me. his voice is really distinctive, and the music is good...

just for me, lyrics and emotion arent as important as the rythm the vocals produce...which is why i love the mars volta, ever listened to their lyrics? make **** all sense, but they portray the message none the less, u feel exactly what he wants u to feel thru word's meaning, sound and rythm. my kind of vocals exactly!!

EDIT: music is music, i like all types, all genres (expect rap, basic beats and simplistic vocals dont do it for me, dont particularly wanna hear about how many "bitches" hes had neway tbh, and he could at least use the lyrics interestingly rather than just talking fast...
NEWAY, other than rap, im completely open minded...if its got a good beat and rythm im game lol

total metalhead
Yep I totally get what your saying. I've heard a couple of bits from mars volta and the lyrics pretty spaced, but they do the job no doubt. Its the same with me theres a band I really like called Glassjaw and often you just think 'this guy is talking shit', because sometimes its gibberish, but clever, poetic gibberish which still like you said portrays a message. Ok so its a pretty freaky screwed up message, but it works yes

Just read your edit, I actually like some rap, because I'm a real sucker for good lyricists. But I stress the 'some' part, cos a lot of rap I hate, e.g. 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Dr Dre etc.

I like clever, well written hip hop like Mobb Deep, Immortal Technique and The Pharcyde.

sum1butno1
I really like a lot of NiN stuff, and some Manson, just because they seem really heavily layered. They do a great job of making really hateful, angry music.
But neither of them compares to Korn. "Pretty" chills me right to the bone every time, and "Falling Away from Me", while it may be overrated at times, is really f**kin' awesome. Their lyrics are crazy, and their instrumentals are truly inspired. Korn is the greatest thing to happen to music since Nirvana.

total metalhead
Damn right. No one can match Korn when it comes to weird, psychopathic rage. Pretty is real nasty, but for me its Mr Rogers that makes my spine tingle. It's odd how something so horrible can be so enjoyable.

sum1butno1
I've always said there's a little sadist in everyone, and Korn definitely seems to go pretty well with that supressed rage.

There's always Twist.
That song sounds so random and violent, it gets my blood up every time.

bader40
I love Korn but i prefer garden peas with my sunday roast and two veg.

bader40
Hold it a minute i think i may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick with my last posting!

bader40
Well i think it was funny..

total metalhead
It might have been funny if it weren't for the following reasons:

-That joke is old and has been so so many times
-It wasn't funny the first time someone said it
-Triple posting is annoying, no matter how 'funny' the joke is

bader40
Yawn

total metalhead
get some sleep yes

Df02
lol about the Rap thing.....theres no such thing as clever rap - imo clever rap = hip hop lol

i know its not technically true, but nething about bitches and guns imo goes under Rap, anything mildly intelligable is hip hop lol

total metalhead
^ like i said

Df02
i was meaning the first bit where u said "i like some rap....im a sucker for a good lyricist" well imo...if hes a good lyricist, with meaningful vocals...then its hip hop lol stick out tongue

total metalhead
Yeah but hip hop artists are still called rappers.
But whatever you gotta be patient with me, I'm kinda stupid yes

total metalhead
I knew that song was about rape, but I know that Jonathan always bases his lyrics on real life experiences, so I was really interested to see where he got the inspiration for this song.

I did some research, but I now I kind of wish I didn't messed

(actual quote from Jonathan Davis)
"It's a story about this little girl that came into the coroner's office when I was working there and she was ****ed by her dad. She was an 11 month old little baby girl. Her legs were broken back behind her and he just ****ed her like a toy doll and chucked her in the bathroom. It was the most heinous thing I've ever seen in my life and I still have nightmares about it."

Everytime I listen to that song I feel sick.

sum1butno1
lol, yeah

I had to do a presentation on "Freak on a Leash" for school, so I was looking up some of that stuff, too. It's pretty ****ed up. Apparently, "Mr. Rogers" was totally a drug-induced hate trip for Mr. Rogers and how he sets weak kids up to get their asses kicked, or something. And I read some places that Jon has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from his experiences as a coroner (or coroner's assistant, or whatever he was).
So yeah. Freaky.

total metalhead
Yeah Mr Rogers was all about his speed addiction, and how he used to watch some tv show called Mr Rogers and it taught him to always be nice and polite, and so he blames Mr Rogers for making him such an easy target for bullies. Also it took him 3 months to write cos he wanted to capture his emotions perfectly. And he did I ****in love that song.

My Gift To You is pretty twisted too, that song is basically about Jon's necrophilia fantasies. Nasty, but frickin good. Its kinda weird us liking Korn really, seeing as they're complete psychos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.