Dragonriders of Pern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
One of my best friends is apparently a huge fan of the series, you can't write fanfics and have them posted on FF.Net and so far from what I've seen of it, it all looks a bit pretentious. What the heck is it all about apart from dragons and stuff? I've never actually read one before so excuse my opinion.

badkittykitty
Pern Books, Short Stories,
and Miscellany this was a list i found of pern books...there sure is allot...and they do seem to deal with fantasy...dragons and such...must be pretty popular

ravenclaw_guy
they are about dragons and another planet. really weird sci-fi with fantasy crap. Very strange mix, and Anne McCaffrey, the author, HATES fanfic so she doesn't allow public fanfic of her very strange works. We had to read the first book in school last year, and I HATED it. Anne McCaffrey must be some sort of weirdo to write crap books like these!

Trinity_Matrix
Has anyone on here read any of this series? It's one of my favorites. The books are written by Anne McCaffrey, and the first book in the series is called Dragonflight. They're excellent books, and I'd reccomend them to anyone who likes science-fiction or fantasy books yes

badkittykitty
I merged these..because I think this is what you mean,right? tell me if I'm wrong I'll separate them smile the pern books seem like they have a huge following..must be good!

Trinity_Matrix
I didn't even know there was another Pern thread on here blink And yeah, they are really good yes I just bought today the only book in the series I haven't read yet smile

hotsauce6548
Im reading the first book now. Its kinda strange, but pretty good!

Dreampanther
You are probably not on the forum anymore, which is a good thing, because all I want to say to you is - No, your uninformed opinion is not forgiven. How can you have an opinion about something you know nothing about? Talk about pretentious...

Dreampanther
Let me guess, you're not on the forum anymore either. Probably still in school because you were too much of an idiot too pass your grades. Let me ask you something - how can something that is "crap" in your obviously informed opinion be prescribed in school? Let me advise you, numbnuts, to have an (informed) opinion, fine, to say you don't like something, great, to call something "crap" just because you don't like it? Let me just say one thing to you:
Crap.

*Danii*
I have actually read these books, and maybe you people read the ones that weren't about Menolly. The only ones I enjoyed were about her and they were Dragonsinger, Dragonsong etc. so maybe people should actually read ALL of the books before they make an opinion on the entire series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.