Discussion:Timeline by Michael Crichton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
Febuary 2004 book of the month

Timeline by Michael Crichton

All discussions related to this book should be in this thread. To keep readability of posts, there is no need to use spoilers in your posts unless you feel it is absolutley necessary. Anyone reading the posts in this particular thread must be aware that they may contain spoilers about the plot and characters of the book.

Lord Soth
Blast, I wanted The Da Vinci Code.....oh well, off to the library.....

badkittykitty
All the books looked like they are interesting reads.I am bummed out 'cause first I couldnt get my copy of the Illiad. and now I am going to be working 12ves 6 days a week for 2-3 weeks it's going to be hard for me to be able to sit down and really get into the book.
but I am gonna try to get the paper back this week and try read it on the fly.

Phoenix
urgh... is it long? cos I am getting a reading list for my english a level on wednesday... sad

badkittykitty
well here's what I seen...Mass Market Paperback: 512 pages

Lord Soth
That's about normal length for me....I have yet to get it, I'm such a procrasitnator big grin

badkittykitty
me also...I might have to wait till the weekend.when i do these crazy hours at my job i am pretty much useless 'cause I'm so tired. so I wont be getting started till the weekend.

Phoenix
I'll have a look in the library on saturday, or maybe order it from my bookshop...

that's right, I said MY bookshop... wink They know my name, I'm in there so often... big grin It's a special place, and I am their resident obsessive... although I don't get paid... sad

Crash Overload
OOOHHHHH! Timline! Greatness! big grin (Surpresses 4 year old in self and does not jump around in happyness)

Crash Overload
ounce you get past the Scan in the hospital and discover something to do with His hands, You will not be able to put the book down.

SilverFighter
I'll pick up a copy of Timeline today. I didn't get to see the movie so there are spoilers for me wink

yerssot
well, read timeline almost as soon as it got out, cause me dad likes reading his stuff

it was a nice story, but I love history so couldn't agree with a few things or with a few ways he was thinking :s

badkittykitty
okay If I can pull myself away from my computer..I'll go get my copy! big grin

badkittykitty
So has anyone read some of this yet? eek it's almost time to post another nomination thread! eek!

WindDancer
I read the Intro and The first chapter (Corazon) so far. Does seems interesting with all the mystery of the Old man, and the Excavations in France. This weekend I'm going to read more about it. I'll be back later when I'm finish. smile

andyF1
the movies supposed to be rubbish, just a big mess

ive i only read one of his books JP2. the raptor scenes where alot better than the movie

badkittykitty
*sigh* well tomorrow I will have to get our nomination thread together..one of thse days I'll get my butt in gear and read the books we are suppose to read..I've been so busy& tired I can't see straight.

Darth Revan
Yeah but it's really easy to read... I'm on page 45 and I just started a little while ago

Darth Revan
quantum foam, makes me roam!

yerssot
in the end, it IS the intention that you read the book within the month it's selected in, right?

badkittykitty
that's the intention,sure smile so I still have time..infact I went to the libray to get this yesterday..but they closed early on sundays sad

yerssot
well, the positive thing is that they were open on sunday wink

badkittykitty
*sigh* I suppose..maybe next sunday then wink

Crash Overload
You People depress me! You have no idea what your missing!

Phoenix
Every single copy in Cambridgeshire is checked out until the end of feb!!

AAAARGH!

yerssot
quick phoe! to belgium big grin

Phoenix
stick out tongue

*hugs*

yerssot
yeah, that's not worth it huh stick out tongue

Crash Overload
*Sigh* I re-read it (AGAIN), you missed a great book, all off you...

yerssot
hate to disappoint you... but I did read it wink

Barf Heaven
I read it yes

ragesRemorse
I think timeline is one of Crichton's lesser novels

jango fatt
I like everything off his books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.