Inside Angband

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue

Kitoky
I picture hott dungeon type castle-ized place with skeletons on the walls and skulls for decorations....I would love it there if Minas Morgul wasn't present.

Exa
For me, Angband always looked quite simple. A bit neo-gothic-like near the entrance and in the thronehall, but the rest rather like a cave, dark, a bit wet perhaps, with long corridors and some prisons along the side... but empty. I dont know why, Angband is always so empty (except for the thronehall again)...

sauron
throne room cast into ABSOLUTE DARKNESS all that can be seen is the flames and slightly darker shadow of the balrog guards....the light from the silmarils makin a faint glow around melkor and his throne

aniron
angbad?

sauron
lesser fortress of melkor....commanded by sauron for a time...

aniron
I haven't heard of it, where is it? what happens there?

Exa
it's in beleriand in the first age (about 7500 years before lotr happens)... and what happens there? lol better dont ask stick out tongue

sauron
torture...death..pain...commanding of forces eager to take over the world...you know the usual

silmarillion big grin

Kitoky
SKUUULLLSS!!!!

aniron
how did it become?

shadowy_blue
Morgoth constructed it as a fortress of Utumno, but Utumno was destroyed at the Battle of Powers but Melkor took Angband again when he returned as his lair, or house, or territory, seat of power, whatever you call it. It's like Barad-dur to Sauron and Orthanc to Saruman (though he just lived there at first), Angband however is not necessarily a tower, it's like more of a "caverns of Isengard thingie" or Moria undergrounds. Angband was destroyed though at the War of Wrath and Melkor was imprisoned and sent to The Void. He will come back again though. big grin

I suggest you read The Silmarillion. Angband is just one of the cool stuff in there and there are many more interesting things about it. big grin

shaber
I bet it was a blow to Melkor to lose Utumno.

Smodden
desire dark death dungeouns delirious danger dust dank dreary destitute don't dingy ...

you get it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.