Freddy VS Jason Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
This thread is too discuss everything related to teh movie "Freddy vs Jason" and any information about sequels and the such

Please do not start arguing about who is going to win, there is another thread stuck at the top of the page for that exact purpose.

ONCE AGAIN: PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT WHO IS BETTER OR WHO WILL WIN. THIS IS JUST FOR INFORMATION ON ANY SEQUELS, OR FEELINGS TOWARDS THE MOVIE ITSELF, OR ANY DVD INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS.

Thank you

Michael Myers 1
I liked this movie alot but the gore was kinda cheesy especially when they get there heads choped off

venomfan
^agree

Jason420
no i dont think so

Michael Myers 1
Ok then when somebody gets there head choped off does it spray 3 feet in the air and make noises

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
I love when heads get chopped off and blood flies everywhere in those types of horror films. I wouldn't expect in in say a more realistic horror film like Texas Chainsaw, but I like it. I was impressed with Freddy vs Jason. I rented it the other night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Jason uses the craziest stuff to impale people with.

swordmaster
uh yea...geez didnt you know that? lol

amlap
i love flying blood in horror movies with bad scripts.

Michael Myers 1
if the gore was better in f vs. j it would of been a perfect 10

A.D. Skinner
Just a little known fact for those that might be wondering...

When a blood vessel is severed...the pressure of the blood does cause it to spray. I have witnessed this with my own two eyes...a friend caught a shard of tile in his wrist, causing a gash and I did get sprayed with his blood ( for I was unluckily enough standing in front of him ). It shot about 3 or 4 feet across the room that we were in until we wrapped it up and got him to the hospital.

Sever a head or a limb...and I can garauntee that it would only make matters worse.

Michael Myers 1
but what i ahve seen alot is when someone gets choped in half they dont spray blood or make noises when it comes out there head or stomach or whatever just falls off and blood comes out

Jason420
yes it does like A.D said it will because of the pressure WHAT WHAT WHAT eek! eek! eek! laughing out loud

Michael Myers 1
fyou

tabby999
if you peirce the right part of the heart blood will spray up to 18 feet. now THATS cool

Jason420
hey MM1 eek! eek! laughing out loud laughing laughing WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Michael Myers 1
dude your a homo

BarmyBrummie
18 FEET !?!?!?!?!?!

samhain
This is the Freddy vs Jason thread right? Well I watched it for the first time last night, and I thought it was lame. Did anybody else think that Jason was too skinny?

Punker69
no he was really tall tho.Maybe if they had a movie where jason has his shirt of we can see some big zombie biceps.I bet if he walked around with his shirt of the girl victims would be attracted. big grin

Jason420
i think kane hodder is muscular and probably an overall better jason to some of you but i like him and ken kirzinger

Jason420
if im a homo then yo mama likes homo's

Michael Myers 1
ewwwww you can ahve her 60 year old ass

Dogbert
lol, u 2 r sure getting along....

Freddy_vs_Jason
boy mm1, u just love making enimies don't you? oh, and i would lick ur balls, if u had ne.............and besides, i don't wanna be looking between ur legs for them for hours on end either.........

tabby999
people were talking about Freddy Vs Jason, not insulting people about their sexuality, the size of their peins or whatever. stop acting like f*cking children and behave your age

Freddy_vs_Jason
um......who's the one calling frenzal rhomb a whore? i think the moderators of these forums r doing really bad jobs, they're suppose to stop the fighting , but all they do is close down threads

SlipknoT
No, he's saying if you DONT like frenzal rhomb you a whore

Michael Myers 1
i think freddy vs jason is mad cuz one of her sheep got mad and ran away after she ass raped them with her penis

SlipknoT

Michael Myers 1
yes no yes no yes

SlipknoT
What the f**k?

Freddy_vs_Jason
**** ur disgusting MM1 and ur a ****ed up retard too, im guessing u have a.d.d?

stinkfist462
.... ok ....

Michael Myers 1
no i just do drugs eek!

Jason420
dont judge somebody because of what they say online they could be really nice.......psyche!!!!!

kRaZy KoRrEe
yO mY fRiEnD KoRrEe and I LoVe tO hAte AnD HaTe To LoVe AnD If yOu DoNt LiKe It gO **** YourSelF

Dogbert
WTF...What the f**k? where did that come from?

Evil Dead
my comment is for the topic that was being discussed before all of the children got out of school and decided to call each other names.

There are three types of blood vessels in the human body. They are veins, arteries and capillaries. Veins carry blood to the heart. Arteries carry blood away from the heart. Capillaries are the small blood vessels that branch out and carry blood to the cells/tissue.

The only blood vessel that can be severed that will result in spraying blood is an artery. It carries blood away from the heart. The heart is pumping the blood through the vessel thus being pressured/forced. If you do cut open an artery, the blood that is being forced through the artery by the heart will indeed spray out. The faster the blood is moving through the vessel (depending on the person's heart rate), the faster/further it will spray.

You have arteries running from your torso to all of your limbs and head. You do not however have arteries running to the appendages attatched to the end of the limbs (fingers/thumb/toes).

In Freddy vs. Jason.........Freddy slices Jason's fingers off while he is holding his machete. Blood starts squirting out. This is obviously ridiculous for the reasons I just mentioned. Englund even makes fun of this in the dvd commentary.

To sum it up: Yes....the movie is anatomicly/physicly inaccurate.........but who cares? It was not made to be an anatomical documentary.........it's a slasher movie......emphasis on SLASH. When we see slashes....we want to see blood resulting from the slash. They tried to deliver the most blood they could.

Michael Myers 1
then how come in mostly all the other movies there head just falls off and doesnt spray and make noises

Evil Dead
because they are inaccurate.

Have you ever taken your pulse? You have two VERY large arteries running up your neck from your torso to your head. One artery runs up either side. It is the most common place to take your pulse. If even one of these arteries were to be severed, blood would go squirting everywhere. You would be lucky to live longer than a minute if the artery was completely severed in two. If both arteries were to be severed, you would be dead period. You wouldn't have enough time to whisper a final prayer. This is what would happen upon decapitation. A blade would cut through the flesh of the neck, the internal organs (trachea, etc.), the spinal chord, and both arteries......the head would be completely seperated from the body. If this were to actually occur......the person would have two spurting fountains of blood...one on either side of their neck.

The human body holds aprox. 8 pints of blood........with a little more absorbed in the small blood vessels lining the cranium. If a person's neck were to be completely cut in two, both arteries severed completely.........you would have about 5 pints of blood squirting from those two arteries in a matter of seconds.

Michael Myers 1
hmm ok but does it make a noise too?

Evil Dead
If you mean would it make a spraying noise, no. Your heart cannot pump blood fast enough to put it under as much pressure as oh say.....a garden hose or something. I'm purely guessing here........but I'd say that it would make a nice gurgling noise with each heart beat........all that pressurized blood being forced out of an object (your artery) which has fixed walls. I imagine it would be like pouring milk out of a gallon milk jug............with a much smaller mouth on the jug.

Michael Myers 1
ok big grin

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
I've seen someones throught slit (unkown soldie on kazaa(real)), and it didnt squirt. The guy stuck the knife behind the jugular(sp.) and pulled forward, no squirting, just gurgling. Why?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well i've read that if an artery is cut very FAST then it will squirt out far and fast. if a vein is cut it wont squirt out it will just leak. and if a capillary is cut it will oooze out. kinda disgusting...i luv it lol

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
Im still confused about the video i saw :-/

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yes i've seen a video like that on LimeWire. It real but it depends on the way he cut his throat. It all depends.

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
Ya, i think he didnt die from blood loss, he died drowning in the blood....which makes it AWSOME smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yup lol

Evil Dead
Why did it just kind of "gurgle" out........is that the question as I understand it?

The arteries in your neck run North/South......from your torso to your head. Unless the head is completely decapitated, or the portion of neck directly above the artery is completely removed.......the blood is still squirting North/South, the direction the blood was flowing.....but there is no outlet for the blood. The blood cannot squirt out because there is still neck tissue/head above the point where the artery was severed. It's basically a ricoquet effect. The blood is squirting upwards, bouncing off the the tissue, then for lack of a better word....falling out the hole that is in the side (east/west) of the neck.

Here's a little lab experiment to demonstrate......

Turn your garden hose on......not full blast.....just a healthy level of water pressure. Turn your hose straight up so that the water is shooting straight up in the air (to simulate the way the blood is flowing through the arteries in your neck). Now lay your hand out flat and place it about a half inch above the water hose. Your hand will absorb the pressure of the water....which will slow down the pressure as it disperses the only way it possibly can........through the half inch space you left between your hand and the hose.

klipso

Michael Myers 1
true

shaber
Friday 13th TODAY!!!

slayer
Don't stop on a crack u might brake ur bak!

I thought the movie was great, good acting (Kathryn Isobelle, Monica keena, Jason Ritter, Robert Englund)
awesome effects, excellent story, so yea it was great! 9/10

shaber
I got a paper cut and a lot of strange inexplicable wounds that night while asleep! eek!

HockeyHorror
woah^ lol

shaber
It looked as though someone tried to cut my right wrist, which is bruised! miffed

LeatherLep43
the only funny part in the whole film is when the girl is on top of the guy jumping on his dick screaming: "fuc* me, fuc* me!"

HockeyHorror
damn i love your sig LeatherLep. Hmmm was that from Leprechaun 3^ the pic?

LeatherLep43
no... lol. it's from the 1st lep... but close. i give you credit for even thinking of the leprechaun. lol. oh thanks about my signature. i spent a long time on it.

papabeard
Freddy vs Jason is the biggest pile of shit i have ever seen, and cant believe so many people in this forum like it and want to discuss it, there is only one thing to say about it and that is that the film is an aberration, film making gone mad, it is as commercial as wal mart. Bollox

HockeyHorror
AHAHAH^

the member Freddy vs Jason or the movie. I hope its member.

i liked the movie comedy wise. but IMO its not a horror movie.

Evil Dead
ofcourse it's commercial.........duh shit.........

- I didn't know the U.K. had wal-mart......interesting

- Isn't the correct spelling "bollocks".......

Freddy_vs_Jason
that was very rude and mean hockey horror, are there 2 hockey horror's? one has different writing for its name, so are there 2?

HockeyHorror
no just 1. its me i just changed my name from h0ck3yh0rr0r to HockeyHorror.

Carlcsw
I thought the movie was really good, ive not really seen any of the Freddy or Jason movies but I really enjoyed this one.

I have actually looked at some of the previous films now of the Freddy n Jason series, and i they are all right. Not as good as Freddy Versus Jason tho.

The ending of the the film is brillant when Freddy and Jason finally get it on and SLASH it out to the death.

I was impressed with the story line as well, it kind of made sense and weren't as cheesy as I thought it would of been but I feel a "The Mummy Returns" kind of vibe for the sequel because I cant see how there gonna get them back together for a sequel without making it too cheesy.

And the bloody effects was good and so what if there a bit over the top and in-accurate its just good fun.

Cinemaddiction
I saw it again for the 1st time since seeing it in the theatres.

It was an atypical merging of both camps, and played out pretty well. They made a horrible casting decision in Kelly Rowland, who's best performance was one of the cutscenes, unfortunately.

Aside from her performance, the stupid, campy dialogue, even worse than usual, that was given to Freddy bothered me. Was it really necessary to say "*****" 3 times in the course of the movie?

I'll applaud the fact that all the sex and nudity was condensed to about a total of 45 seconds, and done in the first 13 minutes ofthe movie, with a 5 second scene towards the end.

On the other hand, there were a few issues that really need explaining.

*Jason drown when he was 11? That's the biggest 11 year old I have ever seen in my life.

*Freddy gauged out Jason's eyeballs on the dock, but he blinked when he drown for the last time?

*When Jason was in the van, unconscious, his legs were bound. When he was thrown out, his legs didn't have tape, nor rope?

All in all, it was entertaining for what it was, and if I can find the DVD cheap someday, I'll snag it because it's loaded.

michaelmyers
well i rentd the film last night and it was awsome! its a wicked film with cool storyline, the end is slightly cheesy were he winks but aprt from dat it was brilliant. I liked how, even if u had never seen a jason or freddy film (like me) it tells u the background of both.

at the end of the film i still think jason is a crap character and a rip of Michael Myers and i still think freddy looks gay ( i mean he looks like a homo). but overal it was a good film.

Alos do u think that in the auditions for the women, nice breasts were in the job description?

oh yea, kelly rowland sucked.

SlipknoT
Jason was kind of big to be 11. I got f vs j for 14.99 the first day it was out, the dumb cashire forgot to ad tax to!

michaelmyers
Nah we in the uK dont have Wal-Mart. We have a different one that is owned by the same people. cant remeber which one though.

the reason jason is a big 11 yr old is casue he is really tall now aint he? he is a freak.

SlipknoT
true, you dont see a fat, deformed, tall, bald 11 year old every day

LimeLight
This news is from Bloody-Disgusting.com:

"After years and years of false rumors and false hope, many of us don't even care if we ever see Evil Dead 4 anymore. But the second I read this, my heart started pumping and I literally jumped out of my chair:

According to Dark Horizons, "Jeff Katz has done a 20-page internal treatment for Freddy vs Jason 2. It brings back the "Ash" (Bruce Campbell) character from the EVIL DEAD franchise. New Line is negotiating with CAA/Raimi to see if they can get him into this movie, with the then intent to do EVIL DEAD 4. Shannon & Swift won't be doing this."

HockeyHorror
i think this is old info but thanks big grin

sadge
i want to see it but is it any good????

lolly23
hockey horror who's ur fav character evil face

VENOMfan
HOLY SHIT!

SlipknoT
It's worth seeing

Carlcsw
YES its definately worth seeing, rent it out one night or even buy it smile

Fallen Jedi
as i said b4, there was no poin to this movie.

HockeyHorror
lolly> Hannibal Lecter. My all time fav movie icon.

Freddy_vs_Jason
i agree fallen jedi, but there is a screw up with jason, i some of the firday the 13th movies it says jason drowned at the age of 8, but in f v j is said he drowned at the age of 11, the makers should have watched all the NOES and FT13TH movies before making this film, before a really new what the movie was about i though it was set in the dream world, where kids had bought them both back and everyone fell asleep and freddy and jason fought, it would have sucked if they made it like that.....................

HockeyHorror
a few?...there are alot of mistakes in the NOES and Friday 13 movies..

Michael Myers 1
same with halloween lol u should see all the bloopers..... gotta love em

Freddy_vs_Jason
is micheal in all the halloween movies? and is jamie lee curtis?

Linkalicious
Sry to all F vs J fans out there, but this movie was absolutely horrible. The writing was terrible, it wasn't scary, it wasn't funny...the only good part was at the begining before she jumps in the water at Crystal Lake.

Michael Myers 1
Well arnt we a little party pooper hgahahaha

Linkalicious
hey...atleast michael myers didn't stoop to this level. He's got class and changes his standards for no man....or woman

Freddy_vs_Jason
neither has jason, well he changed his outfit, but its still cool

Michael Myers 1
pfff jasons a mommas boy + retarded and Link your right!

MudvanneJessy
hey f vs j was the best jason movie around. you should not talk bad about it. there is goiing to be a sequel. dont drag on my movie
mad

Linkalicious
They make sequels to everything now adays. That means very little...

Apparently this is the only Jason movie you've seen if you think this was the best Jason movie around.

Evil Dead
I agree with some of you guys.....

- Freddy vs. Jason had horrific writing

- Freddy vs. Jason was the worst movie in the Friday 13th series

- Freddy vs. Jason was the worst movie in the Nightmare series

but........it was still entertaining. It was a novelty. The entire point of the film was to have a fight between Freddy and Jason......and it did. The movie delivered what it promised. It never said it was going to be great........it never said it was going to be better than the other movies in the series'........it never said it was going to have a knock out script. All it promised was Jason and Freddy in the same movie fighting each other. That it did.

SlipknoT
I think friday the 13 parts 5,9,10 were all worse than fvsj

Freddy_vs_Jason
i agree with slipknot, i loved freddy vs jason, hence my name...........

Evil Dead
I'd like to point out that you had your name before you even saw the movie wink

Freddy_vs_Jason
but that doesnt matter now sweety, because i saw the movie and loved it, Freddys makeup looks alot scarier and real, and jason actually HAS his machete in this film..........

Linkalicious
Freddie's make up makes him look like a joke. Like at the begining when they do the close up on his face....his teeth make me want to laugh.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Whats wrong with his teeth!!?

HockeyHorror
whats wrong with his teeth...lets take it back a little...whats wrong with him overall!!

big grin laughing out loud

Freddy_vs_Jason
............Do you mean you think Freddy looks pathetic too? confused

HockeyHorror
when did i say Freddy looks pathetic? please dont put words in my mouth...

freddy is basically a 10 hour burnt hamburger that someone forgot to flip. he's burned and from all his pain he wants to kill

lol

Freddy_vs_Jason
I was merely asking, but yeah, i get it, if nayone wants Freddy vs jason DVD easter eggs go to "F V J easter eggs" they're are some really good ones too.

PissedOffGoalie
The best way to describe Jason's eyes: (not in FvJ in all)

Hateul
Bloodlust-crazed
Feral
Wild
Angry
Tormented

I VOTE FOR BLOODLUST!

Freddy_vs_Jason
O.........k......

Machete_guy
Happy Dance Happy Dance is there going to be a sequel to FREDDY VS JASON???

smokin'
smokin'

Asonja_Ruegerka
is michael vs jason out

dannyh321
That bit where Freddy jams his claws into Jasons face is just disgusting - its one of the most brutal fights I've ever seen. Glad Jason wins :-D (debatable I know).....

TheDreamMaster
i think jason sucked, they should have followed the original ending and had freddy beat the junk out of jason and brittany murphy

TheDreamMaster
i think they should do i nightmare on halloween , freddy vs michael that would be cool.

Freddy_vs_Jason
OMG!! that wasn't brittany murphy!!! please get facts right, the actresses name who plays Lori is Monica Keena, NOT Brittany Murphy, I repeat: NOT Brittany Murphy.

HockeyHorror
calm down, just a small mistake by DreamMaster
the two actress look a like, its a common mistake

Freddy_vs_Jason
Your right, I know.....just why would a 30 year old actress play a teenager?

slayer
Brittany murphy is 26.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Well Monica Keena is only about 20, Brittany wouldn't do Freddy vs Jason, and slayer, The pic of Jason is your sig, his hockey mask looks different, do you know what movie its from?

Gabri_Krueger
i have one thing to say, not best N.M.O.E.S.M but certanly a good one.
i like three better. any ways.i a freind of the directors-friends-cousin no there is a second comin

SlipknoT
I'd rather see jason vs micheal

SlipknoT
The original ending sucked! It made it seem like freddy won, wich even for a horror movie is unbelievable

Michael Myers 1
yes

dannyh321
There wouldn't be much dialogue in a Michael/Jason movie.

also the Jason in slayers sig is The Jason goes to Hell Jason I think.

PissedOffGoalie
think they'll have UberJason in Friday 12?

Gabri_Krueger
uber, dude you mean cyber, right?

SlipknoT
no its called uber

SlipknoT
And they havent made a friday 11 yet. But I really hope they dont put uber jason in either

Gabri_Krueger
uber? ok...

petemcrunnel
SPAM REMOVED

petemcrunnel
SPAM REMOVED

Gabri_Krueger
ok...

ragesRemorse
you know i did like this movie, but this was one time i actually wanted to see some major cheese in a movie. I think they tried to make this movie a little to serious at parts. i mean this movie was a major oxy moron, you dont see many serious spoofs. i guess it pulled it off though.

Gabri_Krueger
HEY IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE

Gabri_Krueger
but ya got ur opinions too.

SlipknoT
I wouldnt call it great, I'd call it OK

Gabri_Krueger
well... jason wasnt the great part...big grin only freddy and kims bf's death.

KRUGER RULES
WELL, I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE ABOUT 10 TIMES AND I THOUGHT IT WAS AN 8 OUT OF 10. I THINK THAT FREDDY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE MORE SCARY THAN HE WAS AND HAVE A FEW MORE KILLS ALSO, HE ONLY KILLLS A FEW POEPLE AND HE WAS NOT SCARY AT ALL, BUT I DID LIKE THE WWF MOVES HE WAS PUTTIN ON JASON AND I THOUGHT THE STORYLINE AND THE SPECIAL EFFECTS WERE PRETTY GOOD

Cinemaddiction
Kelly Rowland's acting, however, was no spoof. This film suffered from some of the absolute worse dialogue ever contrived for a horror movie since "Skinned Alive". Luckily, the majority of it went to the token black chick who can't act.

SlipknoT
Freddy didnt have any kills
its wwe not wwf, although it should still be wwf, and the wwf moves were dumb
And the story line was crap, for me jason kind of saved the movie
over all I'd give it a 6.5/10 maybe a 7/10

ragesRemorse
bad acting is a trademark for these kind of movies. There has only been one or two freddy movie where i have witnessed what you might call acceptable acting. Jason movies, well shit i dont even think they do casting calls for those peices of crap. They probably just walk down the street and point at people. Well my point of this is, isnt it about time we learn from what was popular and try and see what lies beyond the dull horizons of cheesy horror.

Please tell me why you would want to see another jason vs freddy movie? One was enough, even though it was nice to see the icons back on the screen, ounce is deffaintly enough. Just as 3 nightmare movies were enough, and 2 13th movies were more than enough

Jason_Krueger
i know he walked but how the heck did Jason Voorhees travel on foot from Crystal Lake, Illinois to Springwood, Ohio without being spotted?

if the movie was JAson VS Michael then that would be easy cuz Haddonfeild and Crystal Lake are both in Illinois.

LeatherLep43
Weird. That's what I was wondering too. But, hey, this is a whole movie. If it was real life . . . this dude could have taken his mask off, and put some regular clothes on a drove to the spot. But in movies . . . well the killers don't have to drop a sweat.

Zilverz
whos gonna tell jason voorhees he cant pass through there corn field? Jason is a stealthy fukka... maybe police did spot him .. but he would have just killed them ... they didnt have time to show you that footage

Freddy_vs_Jason
Actually Crystal Lake is in Ohio, it's mentioned in Jason goes to Hell: the final Friday. And when Freddy bought Jason back he bought him back just outside of Elm Street. It mentions it in the book.

HockeyHorror
F vs J- i hate to say it, but its true.

thats another reason y the movie wasn't that good

BackFire
He's Jason, how he walked through some woods to get to a certain destination should be the least of your concerns.

How about trying to figure out how he stayed in the elmstreet town for all those days without being spotted?

Freddy_vs_Jason
He was spotted, Deputy Stubbs said that there had been eye-witness reports of a hockey-masked killer. And as I said before that Freddy bought Jason back just outside of Elm street. And I'm not talking as Miles, I'm talking like a street away.

tabby999
can you imagine Jason sneaking around, hiding behind pool furniture in the backyards of the other houses then vaulting the fence trying to get to the right house? hiding out during the day, hell no, he'd just go and hang out in a wood or somthing,

dean7879
he probably caught a taxi or a bus cool

Freddy_vs_Jason
roll eyes (sarcastic)

PissedOffGoalie
And if Elm Street and Crysal Lake are at a driving distance apart, why didnt Jason and Freddy bump into each other before?

PissedOffGoalie
and Crystal Lake is in Massachussets

Jason_Krueger
U get a map....Camp Crystal Lake is in Illinios ....somewhere around Chicago or sumtin.....Jason was brought back to life in crystal lake and walked his happy ass to elm st.......also JAson goes to hell was shit! I never refer to that movie because it was total crap of all the stuff they just suddently said about Jason!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>