x-files at an end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Do any of you ever watch the x-files?

Have you heard that after 9 seasons they're cancelling it.

I have mixed feelings about this. One one hand, the seasons have become progressively worse. On the other hand, what'll I do on Sun nights?

ToMacco
Watch the Simpsons! smile

Texas
It started losing it's charm around 1998!

I hope Gillian Anderson finds some other work, she's very talented.

ToMacco
If she's smart, she won't do another TV show. If she wants a career, then she will need to do more movies.

Ratcat
Stopped watching the X-Files around the end of season 5 o6 I think it was, the one that ended with Mulder bruied in the tanker in the desert.

Did what a few a little later, the one with the alien ship buried on the shoreline of a beach but I never really got into it again.

The Movie was pretty cool.

yerssot
Wath it sometimes; pretty good

Gundark
Followed it for a long time and I really like it, but without Mulder and Scully together its just not the same.

A lot of the episodes were totally cool !

finti
the first 3-4 seasons were very cool, then it sorted drifted away to be to strange for my taste

Thomas H
I agree with finti, the first seasons where good, and after that everything became ridicolus.
I will not miss it after the full stop!

Gundark
The stuff those aliens did to Mulder in the last season was bizarre. Chris Carter is twisted. http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/contrib/edoom/very_first_smiley.gif

finti
yeah you all should elect him your next president big grin laughing out loud

ToMacco
I never saw a full episode of The X-Files. I saw part of one, where some dudes tattoo came alive or somethin'. . . I don't know sad

Ushgarak
It's not literally being cancelled. Chris Carter says he will make his last one in May. While many will associate that with the end of the series, if the ratings are still good Fox will keep making them, without Chris if necessary.

finti
yeah cause he is gonna run for president big grin

ToMacco
sad

finti
another Carter in the WH big grin

Thomas H
confused confused

finti
oh come on Thomas lift your eyes at least a couple of post you lazy..........

yerssot
what can you say, huh, Nor-boys roll eyes (sarcastic)

Leo
I will miss it, but ending it is the right thing. It should've ended a while ago in fact. I also hope they don't get ideas about bringing it back like Absolutely Fabulous and Only Fools. Leave things be!

keokiswahine
well, Carter could only do so much with aliens with his current crop of writers. Still think there were other avenues to pursue, like Ron Howard did with "Cocoon" and its sequel, more on the light side of aliens, and Spielberg did with "Third Kind", instead of the dark side Carter insists on pursuing. Too much darkness throughout the 9 years doomed it as well as Scully and Mulder splitting up. Yes, their chemistry was most of the essence of the show. sorry to see it go; hope to watch the last show, but, like you all, we quit watching a couple of years ago. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.