QT Experiment (True Romance)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
For the purposes of this experiment synchronisation is:
The match formed by synchronizing a movie with an unrelated music album, to produce a new experience unintended by either work.

If any of you have,

True Romance
The Doors - The Doors, 1967
Californication - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

then try the following sync
"True Romance for the Red Hot Chili Doors"

How To Set It Up-->

The Doors:
Start The Doors album at the start of the film when the screen is black so that the music starts when the words 'James G. Robinson' appear on the screen.

Program the album to play in this order;
5, 9, 4, 7, 2, 8, 11, 3, 1, 10, 6.

(when the album finishes turn the video sound up to hear the dialogue in the scene between Christopher Walken + Dennis Hopper)

Chili Peppers:
Start Californication right at the end of the Christopher Walken/Dennis Hopper scene (about 55minutes in).

CHECKPOINT:The music should start just as the scene switches from Hoppers trailer to a long distance shot of Clarence + Alabama driving.

Play the whole album (Tracks 1-15)

(ends during Track 15, road trippin').

mook
The Evidence

The Doors:
The first half of the film is set in Detroit and is quite dark and syncs in well with The Doors.

I was inspired to try The Doors because of the track 'Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)', as Alabama is the name of Patricia Arquette's character. This song starts the sync with the opening scene in a bar and it all syncs well from then on.

Chili Peppers:
Californication starts in the second half of the film when they go to LA and ties in nicely with the change of scenery and atmosphere. It is a straight play through the whole album ending really well with the final song.
I was inspired to try Californication as it fits the films location and also fits lyrically, for example;

"Alabama baby
Said hallelujah
Good god girl
I wish I knew ya"

is heard when Albama meets Clarences friend at the doorway for the first time.

amlap
wow you have way too muc htime on your hands buddy

badkittykitty
haha I think that hella funny! lmao!!!

mook
yep - im a student!

and i also get insomnia so experiment with stuff like this.

anyway the hard works been done for you - all you have to do is sit back and experience it.

samhain
I f that works that is so cool. You keep doing what you're doing, without people like you we might never find out stuff like this.

mook
try it if you have the film and one or both of the albums.

badkittykitty
I don't have those albums sad but it sounds really neat maybe I should borrow them and check it out

mook
theres a site withg a database of hundreds all using different films+music;

www.synchronicityarkive.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.