Witch Craft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Force
is an evil satanic act, in which some ppl proceed to take part in.

personally i think witchcraft is right up there with suicide,
if anybody takes part in witchcraft or knows somebody who does, can you answer me why?

thank you for your time

SilverFighter
Some ppl see Witch Craft as White magic, and should only be use for good deeds. That's not always the case, sometimes it is used to harm another person, and that is wicked to use supernatural powers to hurt those that are lesser. So witch craft is a dangerous thing if it is misused (that is if you believe in it or you are a skeptic)

Fire
a lot of BS imo

The Force
no witch craft is just as real as satan and God, but all your doing is summoning demonic power, and there no way it could be used as "white magic" just because it's doing good.

It's all just initially evil, but that's just me thumb up

SilverFighter
Summoning demons with witch craft? From what I understand, you summon spirits to help the person to get something. Here is what is known as white magic. But if you want to hurt someone then demons are summon to help. Here is call santaria not withcraft.

Fire
lol all a bunch of BS

SilverFighter
Maybe Fire but some ppl do take this seriously. Then again we don't know for sure if it is true or not.

The Force
but it's all one in the same u can curse and i'm not sure about bless with WITCHCRAFT, but it's still more of a curse

God blesses ppl, you can ask God to bless ppl, and it works

The Force
dude fire, don't make me put u out wink laughing out loud *not funny*

it's just a debate

Fire
give me some scientific prove about witch craft and I might change my opinion

SilverFighter
Well, do you consider Voodoo Witchcraft? Is not! Actually is a religion practice to help the living overcome obstacles. They do it with the help of the Dead and the purpose is to help not harm anyone.

Fire
SF who you asking?

SilverFighter
The Force but it would be nice to hear you opinon too smile

The Force
science can't solve everything and it won't solve everything hate to tell you the truth

i'll post later

Fire
well the definition on WitchCraft seems to be a bit subjective, but I think I would consider Voodoo a religion, where I draw the line between witchcraft and religion I dunno yet cause maybe witchcraft has a whole kosmology behind it aswell.

I think answering four questions namely: Who are we, What is the world, Why are we here and Who is god is what makes something a religion

Linkalicious
my mom's a witch by craft....but she doesn't use magic. hmmm..

must_kill_Santa
People just need something to believe in if something terrible has happened to them and they loose faith in god they think well ill believe in this instead then

OR

they think i can do anything if i think about it and it forms a protective seal around them

Fire
weird ideas MKS

SilverFighter
I like your points Fire and yes Voodoo is a religion. Hollywood has done injustice to that religion with so many awful movies portraying it as Evil. Now, from what I understand there is such thing as black magic in Voodoo which it has another name (can't remenber it) but those shamans that practice white magic refer to it as Voodoo. So is matter of distinction rather than just opinion.

Fire
seems like it

KidRock
yup

The Force
how is voodoo, a good thing, and also how is it a religion? huh

Storm
Witchcraft is a religion of respect, and a way of life that focuses on the balance between nature and man, as well as, the physical and spiritual world. It is a universal based religion, believing in the seen and unseen forces in all nature here on earth and in the greater universe. It is a religion of honor and respect for all living things.
In order to achieve balance, one must first learn respect for all things.

Witchcraft as religion has existed for thousands of years, under many labels and in many countries.

BackFire
I'm with fire on this one, complete nonsense I think.

for those who want to bring religion into this by saying "well it's the same as god and satan"... I also don't believe in either of them, it's all BS too me.

Fire
I dont think many religions are a good or a bad thing, they are just a lot of BS if you take em serious imo best is to let them be

SilverFighter
I think that voodoo is consider white magic. It is the main religion of Haiti, also practiced in Cuba, Trinidad, Brazil, and the southern United States, especially Louisiana. Voodoo combines elements of Roman Catholicism and tribal religions of western Africa, particularly Benin. Voodoo cults worship a high god, Bon Dieu; ancestors or, more generally, the dead; twins; and spirits called loa. The loa, which may vary from cult to cult, are African tribal gods that are usually identified with Roman Catholic saints.Other elements of Roman Catholicism in Vodou include the use of candles, bells, crosses, and prayers and the practices of baptism and making the sign of the cross. Among the African elements are dancing, drumming, and the worship of ancestors and twins.The rituals of Vodou are often led by a priest, called a houngan, or Shaman.

Peloquin
Well said Storm.

SK88728
i think the whole witch craft thing is kinda cool. i wouldn't mind trying it, it's really interessing. and the god and sitan thing is true, we cant prove they are real, so why believe in them? but i like the witch craft thing to be honest.

PrefectRonnykin
i'm really interestied in it i havn't acctully done anything big just small stuff like portection spells and makeing people feel more cofodent but its not like i'm going to go kill some one with a giant laser beam out of my hand lol i'm compleatly fine with it and i'm catholic smile

astrid133
I think you need to define what your talking about. If your talking about flying brooms and evil curses then I think you would need to disbelieve the people that are telling you this.
If your talking about Wicca or Paganism then these are nature loving religions that are older than most religions nowadays. It deals mostly with meditation and purity and healing. Nothing evil nothing bad. Wiccans, witches or pagans DO NOT believe in the devil. The devil has nothing to do with it. As any book on the subject would advise you.

Lara
couldnt have explained it better myself storm. are you speacking for personal knowledge and experience? you know what your talking about!

Ushgarak
Ooh ooh, someone said Wicca is older than most organised religion... another alert flag flies up with me! That is a myth; Wicca is less than two centuries old, in fact for all important considerations it is barely more than half a century old- it is a very modern construction based on 19th century spiritualism and not codified until the 20th.

Unlike paganism in general, of course.

As I understand it, most Wiccans these days understand and appreciate that, because after all, does it really matter how old it is? The associate editor of the website The Witches' Voice (obviously a Wiccan herself) summarised it thusly:

"It doesn't matter to me how old Wicca is, because when I connect with Deity as Lady and Lord, I know that I am connecting with something much larger and vaster than I can fully comprehend. The Creator of this universe has been manifesting to us for all time, in the forms of gods and goddesses that we can relate to. This personal connection with Deity is what is meaningful. For me, Wicca works to facilitate that connection, and that is what really matters."

Baylin
Pretty much what I would have said, only better! wink

astrid133
I stated that Paganism is an older religion not in a ' its older than others and therefore is better/more important way. It's just that I have found that alot of people confuse it nowadays and think that I mean I believe Sabrina the teenage witch or something. I find it hard to discuss it with some people as they think I'm talking about Devil worship!

rusky
All religions acomplish this, they all facilitate the connection with "God" if u will. Whoever said the force is the energy flowing through all living beeings was really close to the truth, but it also flows through the rocks and trees and everything that we call nature. Ancient witchcraft was the art of connecting to this great flow of natural energy allowing the "witch" to use it to heal (the most usual/only use) the human body.

Indeed, it is up there with shamanism and vodoo and all the rest, an old and respected way of life. At least respected by those who do not throw it aside as gibberish.

The Force
damn movies, damn the media mad

must_kill_Santa
ok i have tried afew things in wicca because im a white witch but its not stupid if you believe in it it makes you feel safe to have something to believe in people believe in alot of things why just pick up on witch craft when your making it sound like satanism#you may think its weird but look at who said it

realworlddreams
voodoo is a positive religion...hoodoo (im serious, not jokin) is the practice in "black magic" commonly referred to in movies as voodoo.

as for witch craft, theres two kinds as well.
Wicca for the majority as i understand is not about cursing people or anything like thats, its like promoting love n crap like that...
anyway...i dont deal with any of this, my sis did for a while, i think she jus did it for the philosophy, but like any belief/religion, its probably more about the ideas that come from it...
im not athiest, but i dont consider myself a catholic anymore either. i believe that i can learn from the teachings of the bible n all, but not specifically in the myth coming from it, such as everything pertaining to jesus and mary...
i dont believe the story of creation either.

darthnikita
I know I'm new to this forum, but I am a Witch, a Wiccan if you will and have been for several years. Neither I nor my fellow witches believe in or recognize "Satan." And as far as being into white or black magick, true Witches that follow the Wiccan Rede DO NOT perform harmful (black) magick. I'm not saying there aren't some twisted individuals out there, but that is true of ANY RELIGION. ANY RELIGION can have people who twist its ideals into something its not supposed to be. I practice my magick to connect more with the earth and my gods and goddesses. I don't sacrifice animals or babies. I believe that if I do harm to anyone or anything I'll be harmed three-fold. Even if I don't agree with another religion, I'll never deny another person's right to believe in it or put it down. So to conclude (sorry if it seems I'm on a soap-box), most Witches aren't bad people. Just like most Jews, Muslims, Christians, Buddists, Taoists, followeres of Shamanism and Voodoo, etc... aren't bad people. Using what the media shows us to stereotype other people's beliefs is sad and all too common. I only hope that this message will help to dispel some of the negative myths about witches.
Thank you for your time. smile

silver_tears
I do not think Witch Craft is evil, being un educated towards it and judging something you do not know is prejudice and dumb on your part.

burlyman
my friend is an occasional witch blink she just does some stuff on full moons sometimes (black or white)

The Omega

The One Himself
Are you always this way? stick out tongue

SK88728
go The Omega!

xeous
So far, I don't see many educated people on the topic of "Wicca". Witchcraft isn't someting that I've known of to be a valid practice but many MANY people get Wicca confused with Witchcraft.

Wicca is just the worship of the "god" of an element, creature, etc. It's nothing evil or Satanic, in fact, they don't even believe in a Satanic figure if I remember correctly.

astrid133
Does 'the force' have any reply to these thoughts??

Storm
In a Christian-dominated America, fundamentalist Christians have been known to use the term satanism to define any practice other than Christianity. This would make about 75% of the world's population satanic.

Fire
HEHE

sk8rpunkbarbie
i do wicca and witch draft but i havnt done anything for a while my boyfriends a pagan so we celebrate the solsis together and stuff

sk8rpunkbarbie
craft*

SilverFighter
All Religions have one thing in common (which someone did not acknowledge earlier) and that is "Mythology". What do all Mythologies have in common? is that they start as stories and legends of beings higher than humans. How do these stories generate? "We don't know for sure how did they originated". You can name any religion: Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and you will always find some myth or mythological creature in it.

Does Witchcraft have mythologies? Absolutely, but some are borrow from Christianity, Islam, and Judaism which are the three biggest religions in the world today. Whether the individual accepts this as "real" or "man made" is her/his choice. Skeptics can call Myths and Legends as only silly stories used to scare children but that is not always the case. Someone actually saw some strange unknown thing or creature and told it and thus the myth began.

Whatever is out there that generates a Myth or Legend could possibly exist. Native Americans have told many times about a White Buffalo (Sioux tribe) and you scientist out there know that there is a chance that an Albino Buffalo could exist. So you see sometimes a Myth can be telling the truth about something. I don't think is too wise to say something like "The Devil doesn't exist because there is no scientific proof" So skeptics sometimes need to be more open minded as well.

rusky
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Miss Unknown
I too am a Witch, and it's really great to know there are other people who practice and respect Magick as much as I do.

The Force
ya just give me time, i'm thinking about wha yall said and i'll reply on my free time

BackFire
The only witches and warlocks I can think of are the people in charge of MTV. Not only do they constantly play bad music, they try to brainwash people into thinking that it's actually good, despite being generic and repetitive.

wicker_man
Not all of its bad, although the main MTV owned music channels are pretty bad. MTV2s pretty good.

BackFire
Nah, it's all bad, they play like one decent song a day. The rest is lousy pop or rap.

Anywho, witchcraft is a pile of crap. In highschool I remember these gothic girls who claimed to be witches and what not. It went with their gothic gimmick so they tried to milk it for all it was worth. Attention whores.

wicker_man
Yeh but im pretty sure the MTV schedules in America are different from those in Britain.

BackFire
I wouldn't know about that, all I know is the american schedule hardly plays actual videos. It's mostly just a bunch of bad reality shows.

Ushgarak
"Absolutely, but some are borrow from Christianity, Islam, and Judaism which are the three biggest religions in the world today"

Sorry, did someone wipe out all the Hindus whilst I wasn't looking?

wicker_man
Yeh, the main MTV channel plays lots of pretty bad reality shows but MTV 2 is dedicated to rock and metal music both mainstream and alternative.

BackFire
hmm...not the mtv 2 here in america, it's starting to get filled with shows that have nothing to do with music.

wicker_man
Thats not the case with MTV 2 Europe...yet messed

xeous
I've actually never heard of Witchcraft, as I said before. I know that Wicca and Pagenism are much older than Christianity.

Ushgarak
Errr, no, as I said before, Wicca is not, it's just over half a century old.

Still looking for those missing Hindus...

lil bitchiness
Ok, but Peganism is older than Christianity, right? messed

lil bitchiness
And isnt hinduism one of the oldest religions messed cos no one really knows when hinduism began exactly....

SilverFighter
Judaism is the oldest as far as I know.

lil bitchiness
No no...i saw a chart somewhere...Hinduism is older than Judeism. lot...older.

SilverFighter
Moses was the writer of the Genesis and the Exodus. So maybe Judaism is the oldest written religion?

lil bitchiness
Buddhism is really old. And hinduism is even older...is so old, that they do not remember when the religion was first formed...there are different branches of hinduism..Judeism has a starting point...

I'll go have a look...

SilverFighter
I need to take a look too, because I think the Old Testament is the oldest and first written Holy book in the world. As for Buddhism I don't think is the oldest because Prince Siddhartha Gautama was born in 556 BC so therefore Buddhism can not be the older than Judaism.

lil bitchiness
Most reference books list Hinduism as the oldest world religion. This is probably because Hinduism has the oldest recorded roots, which lie in Dravidianism. Dravidianism is estimated to have been practiced around 6,000 to 3,000 BCE and as such predates the Sumerian, Egyptian, and Babylonian cultures.

Syren
Go Lil!!!

And Wicca f*ckin rocks. you just gotta know what ur doin is all..........

SilverFighter
So Hinduism is originally derives from Dravadianism? The Hebrew calendar states that creation happen in 3758 B.C.E. so maybe Hinduism might be older than I thought it was.

astrid133
Paganism is far older than Christianity.
Wicca, Witchcraft are all from this.
I wrote my Degree study on this.
It was really good as living in Scotland there are plenty of ruins and standing stones to visit.
I'm interested in all Goddess based religions.

Storm
wicca -> Gerald Gardner -> 1950' s

The Omega

NyC-gUrL
yes

Gundark
My friend Karen and I used an Ouija board a lot in high school. We asked it questions that the other person couldn't possibly know the answers to and everything it said either came true or was true.

It spooked us real bad one night and her sister took it and drove over it with her jeep and broke it in half. Then she burned it. That was the end of our Ouija board.

silver_tears
messed I have one eek!
It's in my closet somewhere yes there's like scientific explanations for how it works and all but it's still freaky how the answers are true most of the time eek!

lil bitchiness
Omega> I didnt express myself properly. I ment the oldest religion out of the still followed ones...

SilverFighter
I've always have consider Judaism as the oldest "written" religion. As I said before it is most likely that Mythology is the cause of Religious beliefs.

Tired Hiker
I think I have a spell on me. In high school my gf has a friend who was into witchcraft and I think she messed with me, because sometimes when I go to talk, I oink like a pot bellied pig.

Fire
there is a big difference between witch craft and wicca, witch craft itself is very subjective

BackFire
I tried to use a ouija board once, it ended up creating a bunch of nonsense words instead of answering anything.

Tired Hiker
I think it's all just a bunch of smoke and lasers.

BackFire
laughing out loud

Fire
hehe go TH

The Omega

Storm
offtopic

*posted by Fire ya damn b*tchs stay on topic ppl*

Gundark
How wude.

Smoke and mirrors, eh ? And here I thought it was all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Looks like we're coming up on Alderaan.

Baylin
laughing out loud

silver bitchiness
Witch Craft isnt bad...its a religion, just like voodoo is a realigion! If people choose to follow it, thats fine.

Baylin
As with most things its how applied that makes it good or bad!

Tex
...religious threads are not allowed.
Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.