sentenals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nightcrawer89
i found out what they are gonna look like here is the pic evil face evil face

BarmyBrummie
I saw that on the DVD big grin

Vampiree
yeah ^^ i don't have the dvd but i think someone already posted it in the countdown thread, right? coolies^^

Elanor
dez is not gonna like it... >.<

Vampiree
why?

BarmyBrummie
yeah, why not confused

Elanor
cuz she will say that 'poor Kurt was killed by them'... *sigh*

BarmyBrummie
Kurt wasn't killed by the sentinals!!!

Vampiree
-.-;;; oh maaaan.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Elanor
i know i know...but i think there is an alternative story-line or what where this happens....or i dunno but Dez wrote a fanfic in which this happens (ummm she is gonna kill me >.&ltwink

BarmyBrummie
HE WASN'T!!!

Elanor
yes....i know... but say it to dez.... >.<

Vampiree
oh maaaan... wrote a fic? hehehehe evil face hehehehe....

Elanor
huh?

Be@st
Long live the sentinels (I don't even know why I'm saying this; I'm probably just mean) evil face devil evil face

Elanor
you are crueeel!!

Be@st
I'm not; it's just that i find it cruel how x-men are all the time killing sentinels and no one defends them; and if one of them in selfe defense kills any x-men it's the biggest catastrophee in a world. big grin That's discimination big grin

Elanor
argh...but sentinels are not alive....grr...it isnt funny!

big grin

Be@st
well...I hate them also; but I was in a mood to argue with someone and this seemed to be the quickest way so let's go to kill some sentinels together, and make peace big grin big grin

nightcrawer89
here is question for any one. who would win juggernot or a sentenal.

Vampiree
juggy of course

BarmyBrummie
hmm...let me think....JUGGERNAUT OF COURSE!! d'uh

nightcrawer89
wolverine vrs sentinals

DezW
i hate the sentinels....
and they killed Kurt in the future...

Elanor
I SAID IT, I SAID!!! oh god....

DezW
cry

DezW
umm.. and the woman is Kate (Kitty) Pryde-Rasputin

BarmyBrummie
Wolvie v Sentinals? Wolvie would shred em to bits big grin

DezW
no... Wolvie was also killed by them... they burned him... hehehe left only his adamantium skeleton...

BarmyBrummie
HE WOULD STILL TAKE THEM OUT BECAUSE THIS ISN'T AN ALTERNATE TIMELINE LIKE THAT ONE!!!!!! mad AN KURT WOULD HELP OUT TOO big grin

Be@st
I say that the sentinels are the weakest characters in marvel universe; everyone can beat them. Even the weakling like Pyro. devil

BarmyBrummie
Be@st, i can't even be bothered to argue right now. (dreary voice) Pyro is not weak, the x men aren't weak, no one is weak except for the sentinals who even movie rogue could knock out cus she ain't got no power

Be@st
OK; so no one is in a mood to argue me now? That's too bad. Well...OK; then even Pyro isn't weak; but this is the last time I say that.

BarmyBrummie
be@st, what happened to that cool Dragon siggy? I liked it

Be@st
It seemed a bit empty to me. This one reflects my personality more. I still have it on my comp. I can give it to ya if you want.

BarmyBrummie
Nah, i like my sig big grin

Be@st
My'n already starts to bore me. I'm going to change it.

nightcrawer89
i think the sentinals are easy to beat any has to do is some how cut off their heads or tare it of.

DezW
they killed the most of the mutants...

Sesy Allerdyce
sentinals are suxx mad

eristole
jugghead would win of course. he's the unstoppable.. vs 1 reg sentinel.
yeah jugg would win. the mutant power dampeners the prime sentinel's
have wouldnt even work on him since he's not a mutant.. so i think the
odds of a sentinel solo beating the jugg would be like 1 in maybe 50.

nightcrawer89
sentenals are cool wonder who is the only mutant who can't beat them i am thinking it is rogue because how could she beat them.she would have to take somones else powers and then fight them.

kohl
i've always thought the x-men have been able to destroy sentinels way too easily.

also, could this thread please be renamed as 'sentinels'?

eleveninches
/\ I agee, but the sentinals were WAY overrated in the 90's x-men animated series. Master mold was was more powerful than in the comics.

kohl
indeed, but even master mold was 'easily' taken out by the x-men. for something that was so feared, the sentinels usually come off as easy opponents.

nightcrawer89
they sentinals would waste master mold he could't win.

Maelstrom
Marko fought a sentinel from the future in marvel's present, Nimrod. Nimrod had to 'port away. It almost killed him with sonics yet in a marvel review book it was said that Juggernaut most likely didn't have his magic shield up, which layers his invulnerability once more. The only one i can imagine with the ability to stop Juggernaut would be Illyian Rasputin, Magik. Her soul/sword can stop any enchantment, thus Cain would need the crystal to re-energize back to form.

nightcrawer89
ok

Paola
did she ever faced him?!?!?!

FieryPhoenix
I remember in the animated series, sometimes they could blow up a sentinel with ease. In other episodes it took 3 of them to put a dent in one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

VENOMfan
yeah Sentinel's get a horrible rap, In one encounter a lone sentinel beat one of the Green Goblins, next issue he ran his glider threw his head and destroyed it. sentinels are pretty much used to eat up time or fill up pages between actually important events

FieryPhoenix
Another example is in the "Night of the Sentinels" episode. When they were leaving the Control Agency, they could barely hold them off long enough to escape. Then when they fought a batallion of sentinels at that factory later that night, they tore them apart without a problem.

If they were able to fight the sentinels during their escape, then maybe they wouldn't have "lost" one member of the team, thus making part of the story disappear. wink wink

Maelstrom
One of the prime directives of these Sentinels is that they track mutants in a robotic fashion, very methodical so it is hard to anticipate a strike. Combine that with their ability to learn from every encounter, each attack you use on one becomes your last. Finally you have to consider their powers and their ability to modifiy those. They are like the idea of an evolutiary machine. Nimrod comming from the future would be more the ideal form of the ideal. So when they first came out, they were sloppy.
Magik never used her sword on Juggernaut to my knowledge, and i'm not sure it would even work in theroy...unless the crystal had a black/white aspect to it. Magik's sword works on the "religious" aspect of magik- thus soul - sword, still she would be the nearest power i could come up with with a shot of putting him down for a while.

nightcrawer89
that is what make them cool

eleveninches
When in the comics did the sentinals first appear, and what was the story behind it?

Maelstrom
the sentinals all relate to one man. I believe he created the orginal to achieve everlasting life for his mind by creating a meathod where his brainwaves could be grafted to a mainfram. Through some unknown hope he would then become these brainwaves.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe his son then became the heir apparent to the dynasty. If dear old dad actually lives on i'm not sure, but a simulation of him is the driving force behind them.

nightcrawer89
cool

RSSR

Maelstrom
The danger of these machines is that their "Solution" is the elimination of mutants at any cost. The cost will be mankind because mutants come from man. As long as there are mutants to kill, the human gene base is free to exist, but when the mutants are gone, they must turn their attention on the generators.
Mutant's like Apocolapes rely on the fact that a mutant can reproduce it's own powered kind thus being their own generators. Therefore the elimination of the human gene pool will only reduce the number of varients of new mutants, which when weighed against his goals is an acceptable loss.
Where as the human side has no escape, win or lose they are bait.

nightcrawer89
cool theory

RoguePw25
wasn't the sentinals made to protect humnas from mutants? is that what it was in the animates series or am I crossing things with Evolution?

nightcrawer89
nope you are right

Maelstrom
First, it's creator made it to kill. He made it adaptable as a replacement for intelligence. Under his theroy that killing is living he would superimpose his existance onto the robot. I can't say about the cartoon line, but the love loss of the Sentinals creator's intent wasn't just a mutant phenom.

nightcrawer89
i though they were made to kill all mutants and protect humans from being attacked by mutants.

kohl
you're right.

nightcrawer89
ok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.