More Jedi in the universe.....hummm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Kadub
In RoTJ, there is a line that caught my attention.....
Yoda says before he dies, "when I die...the last of the Jedi you will be"....then he tells Luke..."there is another S-K-Y-W-A-L-E-R"....

Well, in turn later.....Luke tells Leia that she is his sister and in time she will learn to use the force as he did.....hummm? as if she can prepare herself?.....does he have everything documented somewhere for her to read in case he dies?

This tells me that either there are other Jedi out there that others know nothing of, or she will need to learn to use the force to defeat Palpatine and Vader and train other Jedi later......
Either way, she is the last of those who can continue the tradition.....

bigsef2
you arent understanding yodas statement right. luke is the last jedi. end of story. first of all, there are tons of force sensitive people there alive, and those who will always be born that will have the ability to use the force. a jedi is someone trained in the light side of the force. its not a generic term for a force-sensitive person. secondly, yoda made no reference to leia becoming a jedi or defeating the emperor. he was merely telling luke he had a sister. thats all.

yerssot
Luke IS the last of the Jedi;
A Jedi is someone who is trained in the Force, Leia is not

Captain REX
Leia can be trained though. That's why at the end of the movie she says she can kind of sense that Luke escaped the Death Star II. And in EU, Luke trains her a little bit, doesn't he?

yerssot
Never said she couldn't

jedi212guy
Luke's not the last of the old. He's the first of the new!!! big grin

Ushgarak
Indeed, hence 'Return of the Jedi'

finti
well I am of the opiniom that title was for Anakins return to the jedi`s

yerssot
NOOOOOOOO!
not again!

finti
well as long as we se it differently we must be alowed to discuss it Yers, like it or not

yerssot
not in this thread!

finti
Wherever I roam evil face
This tread is about jedis, so it is the right place for that discussion if any

yerssot
it's about the question on the first reply

ryamathart
Its a universe, universes are huge and the empire can and only has gone so far. They think they killed all the jedi or the dont think that yoda and obiwan are a threat.
Any how there have to be people who know how to use the force or people that have strong force powers and know they do and study what information that was left on the jedi. And was what we saw in the movie all of the sith or are there sith who border on the edge of sith-jedi. Like i said earlier youll never know,but its vary plausable that there are more force users than just what we saw.

Ratcat
Maybe, but by defining the Force as something with biological links, Lucas found a way that the Force could be confined to a single galaxy...

yerssot
EU:

Luke Skywalker's order of Jedi Knights have clashed with the Yuuzhan Vong time and again. Inexplicably, the Yuuzhan Vong are not part of the Force. Their presences do not register in the ubiquitous energy field, and they are immune to Force attacks. Furthermore, the Yuuzhan Vong refuse to acknowledge its existence, attributing Jedi feats to some perverse mechanism embraced by the Jedi infidels.

Master Kadub
I see that there are some here that believe Luke is the last;
also there are some that feel he was the beginning.....
Some feel that RoTJ was Anakins return to the light,
yet others feel it was Lukes return to destroy the Emperor.....

I suppose we can see what we like in this movie......I feel that
by the way the story has played out; and the events in TPM & what we know of AOTC; then the storyline of the EU....Luke is
definately not the last Jedi.......
He may well be the only one that we know of......a story can only be told be he who is obvious, and this is the story of Anakin & Luke......who know of the other Jedi/force conscious out there....
some trained, some are not.......
This is why I posted the thread.....

The Leia play-in at the end of RoTJ is definately the beginning or meant to hint at the beginning of the Jedi Order again.....

ryamathart
Personally I think there are more jedi than just luke and leia. It just wouldnt make sense and think how hard it would to kill every last jedi in the galaxy. And what do you think the jedi would do if they knew they being hunted?

\

Ushgarak
Yoda says Luke is the last Jedi. This is a clear piece of plot information from the film. That's all we need to know. The Jedi were all gone.

ryamathart
lets analyze Return of the jedi this title can mean many things. Jedi can be many or just one. So it could mean vaders return to the light side or the return of the jedi as an order well never no
but i remeber GL saying he was going to name the movie revenge of the jedi, the revenge of luke, but he said that wouldnt be vary jedi like.

Ushgarak
Oh, there are hundreds of stories about the 'Revenge' titlr, but Yodas still says a VERY clear line that Luke is the only Jedi! ONLY!

yerssot
GL said he changed the name from "revange" to "return" because he felt revange was nothing a Jedi would seek, said after he read a thesis from a student (at least, I thought he said it himself)

Ushgarak
Or DID he? Because he also changed the title because it was too similar to the provisional title of the nearby Star Trek film (which later got changed to 'Wrath').

He also never actually had that as the proper title in the first place, it was just another dummy (complete with posters and stuff).

I keep hearing new theories about this one so I refuse to firmly believe any of them.

yerssot
I said I wasn't sure stick out tongue

By the way, I have a whole trailer of RotJ on my computer, with two curiosities:
Luke with a blue sabre and the title "Revange of the Jedi", don't know, but a lot of trouble covering the real one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.