Who are your favorite characters???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remuslupin
I like Gandalf

Kitoky
Aren't there too many threads like this? It's getting quite old....

Those are none of my fav for there is no Glorfindel or Wiki or Sauron or Melkor. *shakes head*

MyNameIsNeo
Ya gandals ok
but i htink gimili is better

MyNameIsNeo
id usually go for gandalf but hey..... decided to go different..

samIam
i knew u were going to say that kit ... SCARY!!!

MyNameIsNeo
so....

Kitoky
Well you know it's true.

Melani
I like Pippin!!!

samIam
yup it is a tragity ... someone should just search and 1000000000 of these threads would pop up!! laughing out loud

Firithlotwen
another thread of this kind??????? don't you get bored?? no this cannot be!!! :@

shadowy_blue
none of those are my favorites. My favorites are Faramir, Eowyn, Boromir, Eomer and Sauron. The underappreciated ones. sad

Darth Bandon
I vote for Boromir & Faramir.

samIam
they rn't on the list ?

pip-foot
yeah!!!!!!!!! Pippin is winning!!!! he rocks, but so od merry and sam and everyone else smile

Exa
Eww... another one... and none of my faves on the list no except GOLLUM...

feanor
Nor none are mine...except for Laiqalasse

Exa
Laiquelasse? Lol he's exactly the last I'd vote for... though he's ok as long as he's called Laiquelasse (or was it Laiqualasse?) i only dislike him in the film

Discos
very many threads like this, and of course you did not give us much choice and you missed out Elrond, Theoden, Eomar (they rule)

Discos - and of course Gwaihir

pip-foot
i did a search on "favorite charactors" and got 21 responses!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Discos
is he in the film exa?

must_kill_Santa
i love more them 1

Exa
Laiqualasse?
Yes of course but not with his Quenya name big grin

(and Im not sure if its the same one though I think so... at least the name is the same)

One of them lives in my fave city... and one in Mirkwood stick out tongue if you know whom I mean

feanor
The film did no justice...but i prefer elves so i voted for him and the spelling is correct either way.

Exa
yeah sorry I just noticed ... (the spelling thing)(see post above)

(lol I just saw that the sig I had earlier had the same text as yours... the "for the less even as for the greater"-quote-thing)

feanor
unless the others know...'tis the one on Gondothlim that I name though he carries the same as in Mirkwood.

shadowy_blue
Laiqualasse is also one of my favorite characters in the book but in the way that he was portrayed in the movie, it's like either he's there to look pretty or be way too over the top. I liked him the best in FOTR.

shadowy_blue
I think though that Laiqualasse from Gondolin and Mirkwood are the same person. Maybe he traveled to Gondolin when he was young and then escaped with Tuor, Idril etc. when the city fell then came back to Middle-earth afterwards?

Iirima
I like Pippin, he's funny throughout all of the movies, and he just so dang noble in the third. I voted for him cuz he was my favorite on that list.

But my favorite is Haldir. I loooove the underrated characters. Figwit is quite cool as well, and the moth (that my friend named Steve) that flutters around Gandalf in the third movie, and Celeborn, and Faramir. Yes, I'm straaange.

pip-foot
oh yeah, pippin is winning again!!!!!!! pippin rocks!!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile smile

Iirima
Yes, Pippin rox my sox, and my shoes...he's, like, almost the best! (or maybe the best, excluding haldir)

Phoenix
I voted for Pip...

Red_Drake
Poor Aragorn had no vote so I voted for him big grin

Phoenix
hah! laughing out loud What about Frodo -- he;s the hero with no votes! no

Lord_Andres
Boromir is my fav character, but since you didint include him I chose Gandalf because his comes 2nd fav character listbig grin

Exa
Yeah, maybe... the confusing thing for me is that IF he's the same he would be either veeeery old (ok, some thousand years, thats not much, but few survived from the first until the end of the third age) (or he died and was sent back to middle-earth), and - his father was king of Mirkwood (after his grandfather had died in the last alliance), so I wonder - why should a Nandor elf travel the far way into the lands of the north and live there in a hidden city with the noldor while his grandfather is king in northeastern middleearth?

feanor
I don't think it's the same elf...as thranduil was yet not king of mirkwood. he was legolas in gondolin but was called Laiqalasse in Tol Eresea named by the Eldar.

Discos
pah frodo is barely a great hero, appreciate smeagol and pretty much every other dude on the allies side during the war of the ring.

I was really looking forward to seeing if the 10,000 orcs at gorgoroth would notice a 3'7" orcs just walking threw...hehe

shadowy_blue
Well yeah, and I just remembered. Legolas Prince of Mirkwood is 2,931 years old right? So yeah, in order for him to be the same Legolas of Gondolin, it should be that he died after his escape from the fall of the city or some time after that and just reincarnated and became the son of Thranduil. But even so, he should have remembered everything that happened to him back in Gondolin 'coz that's the way of the Elves when reincaranated, right? They can still remember what they did in their past life.

Then again, it's highly possible that they are different Elves that has just the same name.

Why oh why didn't Tolkien clarified this? At least Glorfindel from Gondolin and Glorfindel from Rivendell were proven to be the same person. cool rolling on floor laughing

Exa
As far as I know, this number was invented for film purposes only - so by one of the film guys because I think Tolkien never gives any date of birth for Legolas.

hobbit_lover
my favs are Sam and Frodo and I also really like eowyn

samIam
yeah GO SAM!!!

Arwene
i like arwen and eowyn too strong women

Bloom4ever
Aragorn! Eowyn! Gandalf! Faramir! Boromir! Merry and Pippin!!!

can i vote for them all? smile

Bloom4ever
Boromir and Faramir aren't on the poll? sad

iLoVeOrLaNdO
i love legolas love but i think sam is so brave and cool in return of the king

Kitoky
What about Wiki? sad

Arwene
whos wiki...does anyone like my siggi

Exa
Wiki is Witchy is Witchking, lord of the nazgul...

yeah I do like your siggy

And
Do I need to mention Beleg? big grin

sauron
wiki is witchkinf of angmar...also known as tom treebeard or mothy

where the hell is ulmo

Bloom4ever
ohhh smile

SlipknoT
Gimli rock the trolls rock

pipschick
My fav charactors are Merry & Pippin, they are just so so cute, and they make me laugh.
I do like Legolas too, he's fab! love

The_Inevitable
The legendary Captain of Gondor....

Boromir...

pip-foot
VOTE FOR PIPPIN!!!!!!!!!! sorry, out of control *takes deep breath* BUt i do love my pippin and hes no longer winning sad Its ok pippin. you'll beat Aragon 9even though aragorn is my 4th choice smile )

SlipknoT
ha, frodo has no votes

pip-foot
thats cuz nobody loves frodo smile they all love...

PIPPIN~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love love love love love love

darbanana
Sam is the best.

LOTRLUVR
I voted for Pip obviosly....Hey SamIam,I like your new sig.

LOTRLUVR
Everybody loves Pip!!

White Lady
love pippin thinks he is a totally babe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.