The Hellraiser Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
How many of you love the Hellraiser series? I think Pinhead is one of the most frightening villians ever created. I enjoyed all of the Hellraiser movies until the fifth one, then they totally lost their appeal.

What do you think about the series? Which one is your favorite movie out of the bunch, and which do you think is the worst?

Should they keep making more sequels or leave it alone?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
he's not really a villian. He's just like a demi-god thats doing his job. lol The Hellraiser series was great. I think should at least make 1 more movie.

Evil Dead
I love the Hellraiser series......... I think the worst one is Hellseeker...........

I love Inferno (part 5) and think they should continue doing sequels. They already have two sequels in the can ready to come out this year.

Inferno is the Hellraiser movie that is most like the original. Why do you not like it?

Striel
I am trying to remember if it was the fifth one or the sixth one that I hated. I liked one, but I can't remember which.

Mordecai
My favorite series. big grin

I thought Inferno was great, but i haven't seen Hellseeker yet so i can't judge, which sucks. sad

botankus
I love the Hellraiser series, always have since the original came out in 1987. Any intelligent discussion of the series ends after Bloodline (part IV), so considering the first four I would rate them in this order:

1) Hellraiser (by a wide, wide, margin)
2) Hellraiser: Bloodline
3) Hellraiser II
4) Hellraiser III (not good at all IMO)

botankus
EXACTLY RIGHT--

Why do people keep calling him a villain and comparing him to Freddy or crazy sh*t like that??

Evil Dead
" Any intelligent discussion of the series ends after Bloodline (part IV), so considering the first four I would rate them in this order"

Hahaha.......boy aren't you a pompus ass. I like that...........

They can go on making Hellraiser movies forever. The subject of the movies are people selfishly and lustfully seeking pleasure.........which leads them to the gates of hell to encounter the last "pleasure".......since there will always be people like this as it is human nature to want pleasure, they can make Hellraiser 10, Hellraiser 20, Hellraiser 85, etc. etc..

They need to go ahead and replace the pinhead cenobite to weed out the "I like the cool guy in the S&M gear with the pins in his head" people from the "The Hellraiser movies have a great theme and are done both very stylishly and smartly" people.

Lord_Andres
hope those new once will be good, when was it that they would be releast?? big grin

amlap
i have yet to see 6... but tonight ill prob rent it, and watch all the old ones over again. as for continuing hte series. i think that is a plus. the movies jsut dont get old in my mind!

Striel
Oh for crying out loud, what does it matter if we call him a villian? It's a horror movie. He is the one doing the killing.

Jason420
exactly jason freddy and michael are villians and pinhead kills people too but i dont really like pinhead but i do like how he kills some people and i especially liked when that one chick licked his finger that got me all hot lol laughing eek!

SlipknoT
I've only seen hellraiser 1 2 3, are the rest any good?

Mordecai
Pinhead punishes, he doesn't just kill, Pinhead basically kills all these heartless greedy beings seeking pleasure or some sense of power, who to us in the real world, are bad people (basically a sort of villian), so Pinhead is doing some good in a weird sort of way, think about it.

tabby999
if they weren't up for it they shouldn't have opened the box

Evil Dead
SlipknoT.........4 and 5 (Bloodline and Inferno) are both better than three...........

part 6 on the other hand while being a good watch, is nothing stellar. It is basically the same as Inferno and extremely predictable.

pin-head
How many hellraiser movies r there?? I saw the first hellraiser yeasterday at a sleepover! it was fu**ing scary...

Mordecai
There are 6 out at the moment, there is a 7th and 8th one due out but i'm not sure when.

Cinemaddiction
8 total. 2 in 2004. The last one in theatres was Part 4 in 1997.

THAT SAID..sell the ****ing franchise to New Line and throw him in the mix with Freddy and Jason.

Evil Dead
The cenobites, Pinhead in particular, stand head and shoulders above Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhies. They are cheap slashers........the theme of the Hellraiser series has much more substance.

Call Pinhead a villain if you like...........actually, he is the face of justice. He punishes the villains in the Hellraiser movies.

Zilverz
I bought Hell Raiser 1 DVD .. it was awesome ... should i view these in order ? or are the films independent stories ?

Mordecai
1-3 follow a story.

4 is sort of like a prequal but also a sequel thats set in the future, it involves flashbacks and the telling of how it started.

5, 6, 7 and 8 are just like little short stories or something, they're just stand alone films.... at least i think so, i've only seen up to 5 but if the others are like the 5th one then they are as i said.

Zilverz
awesome... thank you very much

BadKitty
I seen all the hellraiser movies exceprt inferno and seeker..so I went to get them from the local video store..they didn't carry inferno..but I got seeker...after reading this thread I don't even want to watch it.

sad

ragesRemorse
The first two hellraiser movies are great peices of horror genre, both classics. 3 and 4 are just beyond crap. Inferno was decent.low budget but the story was interstingly put together. Hellseeker was long,boring and seemingly pointless. the newer installments seem that they may be worth while, deader and hell world. im actually looking forward to these

zombieman
I disagree, I couldn't get into the second movie but 1 and 3 are right up there for me. I found the fourth installment boring and unnecessary, the fifth I managed to watch about 20 minutes of and then never went near a Hellraiser movie again. The francise has now become little more than a bad TV series, they should have stopped at 3.

redcaped
Bought today Hellbound Hellraiser II from Movie Stop $3.20 used vhs! This movie brings the best Cenobites! Love them!

redcaped
TIME TO PLAY...i forgot that part!

Wolfie
Darn, I didn't realize there was a Hellraiser thread older than mine.

The first two Hellraisers are great. The third was a step down. Bloodline was cool and interesting. Inferno wasn't much. Hellseeker and Deader were decent. Hellworld is up there with Bloodline.

cropsy_is_god
Hellraisers are one of the best series in horror. Some of the demons they make are freaky. The first 2 are f**king awsome.

Gregory
Am I the only person who liked the second one better than the first? It seemed better-paced to me.

Evil Dead
yes

you're the only one.

redcaped
What a way to get rid of patients.

doomsday49
Originally posted by Gregory
Am I the only person who liked the second one better than the first? It seemed better-paced to me.

nope. i also like the second one better. Leviathan was friggin awesome.

Mider
i like the comics there tripped out.

Did you guys know that they thought of putting pinhead in jason vs freddy? they where gonna put him in the very end where they both go down to hell (freddy and Jason) and there fighting and suddenly chains grab them and seperate them and pinhead shows up saying is there a problem?

redcaped
That would be a bad idea because in this case Freddy has unlimited powers. There is no boxset I can find in stores.

steverules

thegreatrudini
Ive got all 8 i like them all even though 4,5 and 7 are a little weak i still like them. Think its crap how in the uk number 5 only came out for rental but never for sale and the others never saw light of day.

steverules
Is the sequal any good?

thegreatrudini
yup awsome u can get the first 4 over here steve have alook on sendit of play u can get the whole set on ebay quite cheap

steverules

Mider
freddy doesnt have unlimited powers the dream master has a better hold on dreams he's basically a dream GL and someone with a better imagination can potentally own him, have you seen the kinda crap pinhead comes up with?

steverules
I did in 3 but that's the only one I've seen.

redcaped
I rememba when they get at the disco to make "disc cenobite" and kill the rest including gays and bitches.

steverules
Well I have hellraiser 1 and 2 now.

cropsy_is_god
The first 2 hellraiser's are awsome. Pinhead is one of the most evil s.o.b's in the horror world.

steverules
I gotta buy Hellraiser again because the video I got was f*cked up.

redcaped
I want a new release boxset.

Myers Kicks Ass
love them all except 4 3 cause it was 2 much of a slasher

steverules
1 is good now all I have to watch is 2, I saw 3 and that one was ok.

horror_wench
My problem with the Hellraiser series is that there "star" is not in the movie long enough. I do love the series, and unfortunately, I am one of the people who compare Freddy to Pinhead. Instead of Freddy vs. Jason it should have been Freddy vs. the Centibites. That would have been awesome. My fave Hellraiser was three because it focused on Pinhead, or more accurately, who he was before. My least fave was any of the ones after Inferno (which was an awesome movie). I did like the ending of Hellworld although the rest of the movie made no sense.

horror_wench
I completely understand where you are coming from. Pinhead is one of my fave "villans." He's an unforgiving, heart-less, cruel hellion. But it's his job. If you are stupppid enough to want the pleasures of hell, he's the one to help you out. When you are a kid though, Pinhead is as scary as Freddy. I'm not big on Jason. He's the mindless slasher. Wes Craven was at least original with Freddy. Jason, Mike Myers and others are ripoffs. Pinhead was original. Clive Barker's book, The Hellbound Heart, was the best book I'd read in a long time. Stephen King, my fave author, says Clive is the future in horror writing. And it turned out to be true. They should try to make his other books into movies. As long as they don't butcher them.

redcaped
I love to cenobite, very entertaining...design!

steverules
Ok I have seen 1,2 and 3 and I liked the 3 the most. It showed just how powerful pinhead was, although I am confused as to how he turned back to normal and a good guy (I think) in 2 then he got on that wierd turning pillar at the end and then in 3 he's bad again.

Evil Dead
um.....he's never been good or bad........he simply is. People seek the pleasure of hell.........he gives it to them......they demand, he supplies.......no good, no bad.

steverules
I alway's thought he was evil because of the whole hell thing and the whole ruining the church thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.