Janet Jackson's Superbowl Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HannaBananabal
During Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson's performance at the halftime of the Superbowl, Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's costume, exposing her breast. The chief federal regulator of broadcasting said Monday he was ordering an immediate frieking investigation of this!!

Who else thinks this is outrageous!? Why are people like Li'l Kim allowed to run around award shows with one breast hanging out, with something covering the nipple, but when something accidentally happens on stage, they get more crap?? mad

botankus
Accidentally??

burlyman
eek! see this i did not

Korri
burly stick out tongue

tazman
If this was an "accident", then someone please tell me what was supposed to happen when he tore off her costume? confused

fanatos
If that was an accident, the why did she have that thing on her ***? wink

Stewie is God
i didnt see it....cuz i went 2 get coffee, but i think some1 should pay for this....the whole Britney/Madonna kiss didnt bother me...tho i found it kinda sad that they would do that for publicity. anywayz... that was the vmas...u would expecet that, but for at the superbowl...w/ millions of families watchin 2 do that....its embarrasing...this is a football game not the Grammys...and janet is gettin a little old 2 be showin her boob to the world whistle

fanatos
Ok, *** is forbidden, I'll use the word boob! big grin Ya happy? So, let's answer the simple question! Of course it was planned!

Dogbert
lol fantos, how did sum 1 get a pic of that 1st picture u posted so quickly, it was exposed for like 5 secs...

Kes
It was on tv, it was taped.1 sec is 25 frames on tv, 24 frames on cinema. Easy, really!

HannaBananabal
I don't think it was an accident. My point was, why can people like Li'l Kim purposely expose her boob to the public more than once but she doesn't get as much crap as these two have for exposing JJ's boob for less than 5 seconds!?

Dogbert
Lil' kim is kinda known to do stuff like that... this was so unexpected from JJ
plus, i don't think that lil' kim ever exposed nipple...

HannaBananabal
LoL I see.

MISSME
This is only the beginning with Janet Jackson.....wait until her next performance!

MISSME
It seams a waste of time for Janet to pull this stunt!

I though she could sing and dance.......anyone can be a striper!

dragonpisces272
can someone put the picture of when JT ripped off part of her costume? I didnt see the superbowl...

ORLI MY BOI!
why r they saying it was a accident ?

Lil Seraph
Did anyone think she looked at bit like Michael? I saw a photo and it looked really bad. No offense Janet Fans.

tazman
What Stewie said earlier is a good answer to this question. It's because a lot of families were watching the superbowl. At the award shows you expect people to dress and act like that, but not where you know a lot of families will be watching. I was one of those people sitting there with my wife and daughter, and I thought that was very uncalled for.

Kes
JJ didnt expose a nipple. It was covered just like lil' kim's. Like it was said before, families were watch.If I'm not mistaken MTV is PG 13 so...a few things fly.

HannaBananabal
I believe a lot of families watch award shows as well!! Plus, remember last year's Superbowl halftime? Look how Britney was dressed. People should expect that kind of behavior at the halftime as well.

tazman
You're right, a lot of families watch the award shows as well. My point was at those award shows it's expected to have people dress and act that way. Therefore if you choose to sit there with your spouse and kids you can't be upset or shocked. But a football game is something a little more family oriented, and so you wouldn't necessarily expect that sort of thing. Each year will get worse unless they stop allowing certain programs to host the show, such as the announcement made to MTV.

I know there's the argument of " If you don't like it, don't watch it." And there's truth to that, but you shouldn't have to turn it off for fear of someone dancing around half naked or exposing themselves. If you're enjoying a football game with the fam, you should be able to enjoy the halftime show with the fam as well. Of course being a parent myself I understand from that point of view what some of the rif is about. big grin

rox
ah no lil kim is always being critzed mad

MISSME
CBS trusted Janet to have a decent show at "half time". They made sure to approve everything during rehearals.

This shows CBS that they cannot trust Janet!

What will Janet do the next time she is on TV......will she be totally naked in front of millions of viewers?

This also sends a warning to all entertainers!

dragonpisces272
you never know what'll happen on tv nowadays blink

american_eagle
it wasnt an accident for a number of reason:

~on the 10:00 news they played it in slow motion, and 2 background dancers were going to do the same thing, but the one girl pushed the girl who was gonna rip her top off away.

~Janet Jackson *just so happens* to be having a new cd coming out soon, and wants all the publicity she can get. or she's trying to take the attention away from her brother to her.

~she got a piercing that day on her just so happen exposed breast that day

~ at the end of Justin Timberlake's song it just so happen to say "Gonna have you naked by the end of this song"

~at the end of the superbowl, Justin said to the media "We just want to give something to talk about" meaning its was just another publicity stunt.

~and dont you dare tell me it was a wardrobe malfunction. the people had a malfuntion! they were the ones that made the outfit especially for the show, with now warning! and then they let Kid Rock wear the american flag like that?

~personally, i think that Janet Jackson and Justin deserve to lose sales. Before that i thought they were respectable people. Now when people look at them you look at trashy minds. If they were going to do that at the show, they should of atleast gave a warning! Honestly, in today's world, there is no more respect. People could just walk naked on the streets and not get arrested. and with gay and lesbian marriages now? thats pitiful.

~ all janet and justin can rely on is denying, they have no evidence, it all leads to a sad, stupid publicity stunt they decided to pull off.

american_eagle
and now the Grammy's there is going to be a 5 minute delay incase something happens, they can warn you or censor it. So now Janet and Jackson ruined that for being acually live.

SweetNsouR
UH lets see...it was a nipple ring not a pasty! thats why she had it. she has her nipple pierced...did u see her face..the one the fantatos posted...the look on her face is one of horror.... and JT...he looks shocked as hell

SweetNsouR
u dont know what the f*ck u r talking about cuz she has had the nipple piercing for years. second of all...ne one who knows nething about piercings knows that when u first get one it is sore and stained blue from the ink they put on it... it feels like some one stabbed ur t i t, so i think u need to stop making shyt up

SweetNsouR
this is proof. this pic from the late 90's clearly shows her piercing....
come ppl will do nething to prove a point even lie(american eagle)

Kes
I saw an interview where Janet admits it was on purpose. She says she changed the act right before they went on.The channel that broad-casted the event knew nothing about it.
You need to lighten your replies.

SweetNsouR
i will lighten my replies... i dont think thats try bcuz i i watch the news and she is still denying...even if she did do i on purpose thats not what im defending...its lying to try to prove ur point.

Kes
Are you saying I'm lying??!
I'd be careful with what I post if I were you!
I'd tell you what channel it was from but I didnt pick it up.

lil tears
Kes I think she meant american eagle erm

Kes
Here we go, straight out of CNN:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Janet Jackson issued another apology for her surprise breast-baring during the Super Bowl halftime show and took full responsibility for the fiasco, in a videotape that was released to media late Tuesday.

"I am really sorry if I offended anyone. That was truly not my intention," she said. "My decision to change the Super Bowl performance was actually made after the final rehearsal. MTV, CBS, the NFL had no knowledge of this whatsoever, and unfortunately, the whole thing went wrong in the end."

You can read and watch the video!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/04/jackson.apology.ap/index.html

blackpearlbabe1
I thought it was ignorant of MTV and Janet for them not to think about little kids that watch the superbowl!! I'm glad he invitation was suspended, she deserves it. The Jackson Family has major issues laughing !!!! I also agree with american eagle!!

Katie

SweetNsouR
lol kes...ok um then u can not understand the statement... she did not admit to exposing her breast...she said she changed the preformance...as in she wanted a part of her costume to come off(not necessarily her boob showing) ..but it went wrong...so it still couldve been accident. and yes lil tears sweetie u were right i was talking about american eagle...
and y r u threating me kes....i said id lighten my replies...wat the hell

SweetNsouR
i think it was soo stupid of janet to change something so close to the actual show...but it doesnt mean she wanted her boobie to show. sorry if i try to see the good intentions of everyone (dispite their stupidity)

Dogbert
lol, she realeased an apology video about how it was planned... this bi*ch can't get her story straight roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
She changed it to the clothes ripping off scene.
I understand you are a fan and are defending your idol but you are being naive.
It was a stupid stunt that the ppl didnt like.

SweetNsouR
lol i am not a fan, and deff not being niave... ur the one who doesnt understand. she wanted a part of her top to rip off....to expose a bra underneath...but because she was stupid enuff to make this change right b4 the show. the outfit was not meant to be ripped at so when JT did his thing...her bra didnt show...her entire boob did. and uh in case u didnt see i clearly say that i think its irresponsible and stupid of her to make a majot change in preformance right b4 the show.

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.