The New Xbox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Hi guys big grin just tought to let you all know the news about the new Xbox

http://www.gamespy.com/editorials/february04/xbox2/

Linkalicious
i hope it ends up better than what they're saying. A harddrive is essential to the next gen systems. And i really think that they should make old xbox games compatible with the new system.

SilverFighter
Where is the Picture of the new Xbox?

Linkalicious
it's not released yet....all they are doing is answering a few questions about it.

SilverFighter
At least they can show a rough draft or something that illustrates how it would look.

Lord_Andres
heres the controller big grin

SilverFighter
eek! that looks SWEEEEEET!!!! big grin

Linkalicious
i dunno...where are the rest of the buttons. SNES only had 6 and so does this

that controller looks horrible...too wide, they moved the left joystick so it's parallel to the other joystick(like on PS1 and 2 controllers) and i think that design doesn't work...and it's just ugly

Linkalicious
colors kinda nice...but that's about it. PS2 analog sticks have a shitty position on the controller (IMO.)

sith_darth_jay
it looks like a PS2/N64 cossing

the color is nice, but it loks a lot like the original Xbox controller (before they change it for that fat ass black controller)...

Lord_Andres
I hate that original fat yokusonu joypat mad

LanceWindu
That control looks way too much like a PS2/N64.

Can they not think of anything original?

Hell they might as well use the Dreamcast control too!

SilverFighter
It makes sense that they made the controller like that. I mean ppl were complaining that the other Xbox controls were to big and fat. Now they resemble the PS2 controls so now PS2 gamers can feel close to home with those controls.

I still like them thumb up

LanceWindu
It still looks big and fat.

Why even have that stupid handle in the middle? It's just there for the symbol.

Linkalicious
i agree. Sounds like PS3 is gonna be next on my list.

LanceWindu
Of course.

The PS3 isn't being rushed out, they are actually trying to make it good.

Unlike Microsoft coming out with X-Box 2 just a couple years after the X-Box.

Let game developers actually get a library of games for one system before starting another system!

SilverFighter
The picture makes it look fat. wink

JKozzy
**Phat.... P-h fat. stick out tongue

realworlddreams
i dont want a x-box 2 unless i get it from Billy Gates like my first one.
im serious too-my dad went to a conference for Microsoft n got an xbox for free!

Daedalus
The new controller looks fugly, but I don't think they'll keep to that desig, this is a company who originally intended for their console to be a gaint X! lol

sith_darth_jay
when is the new Xbox coming out?...cuz they should wait a bit more before killing the first one

...Xbox (microsoft) is looking more and more like nintendo (killing the Snes for that shitty N64)... i'm beginning to hate them even more

SaTsuJiN
that controller looks like a huge waste of plastic. They should research the actual functionality rather than the design first. You know, like how ps2 has analog buttons, I think next xbox controller should try something new like that. They should take a good look at how gamers hold thier controller and form the controller to ergonomically mimic that. I think the buttons should be concave also

Linkalicious
new xbox is coming out sometime in 2006...i wouldn't worry too much about them killing it like N64 and SNES. But to defend Nintendo on their decision for N64....Mario 64 did kick ass and it showed a whole hell of a lot of promise for the rest of the system.

Lord_Andres
acturly the mario64 is the worst mario ever

Linkalicious
we each have our own opinions

LanceWindu
I have to agree though, SNES was much better than N64, but N64 did have some good games.

WWF No Mercy is considered the best wrestling game ever, and you have Wrestlemania X9 on the Gamecube with graphics 50x better.

I'm not a fan of X-Box anyways, so hope X-Box 2 fails.

Linkalicious
i AM a fan of xbox...and even i hope xbox2 fails.....GO PS3!!!

LanceWindu
In my opinion, even though X-Box is newer and has better capabilities, PS2 will always be better, they have the experience, larger library and all around better control and functionality.

Mist
man, i just got an xbox. now xbox 2 is coming out sad looks like im gonna have to start saving. (and is it backward compatible cause then it wouldnt be so bad, i could just sell the console and keep the games)

ps2 is backward compatible with controllers as well so will xbox 2 be?

realworlddreams
from what i understand it WONT be backwards compatible...huge mistake on micro's part.
i wouldnt care too much about x-box 2 rite now...lets get halo 2 out b4 we worry bout another console.
n the next thing ima buy is a psp for sure portable playstaion would rock
mabye a ps2 for like, FF series n kingdom hearts..n sum other fps games.

LanceWindu
From what I hear, X-Box 2 will not be able to play X-Box 1 games, or use their controls.

Mist
why worry about halo 2? when xbox 2 comes out, get ready for HALO 3!!!! ON XBOX 2!!!! OOOOHHHHHH YYYEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!

realworlddreams
which pretty much sux all the way around...
i like the original controllers for one...
except for my FPS master controller...OMG that thing ROX!! i luv that controller more than life itself...how many other controllers have programmable buttons with an LCD screen?

Mist
what the hell are you talking about?

realworlddreams
xbox 2 not bein backwards compatible.

Mist
oh yeah, f*#k microsoft!

realworlddreams
lol...dont say that, they gave me my xbox.lol

Mist
yeah, i suppose. so what are the system specs. for xbox 2? are they posted anywhere?

Linkalicious
not as of yet...well none that are set in stone. They say they'll give it the same processor set as a G5 Mac....and that's like the fastest commercial PC out there.

Lord_Andres
and it'l be powerd with an ATI chip this time, should be pretty good big grin

realworlddreams
its ATI graphics, however the processor has been rumoured as a G5...which is strange cuz that would b a Mac chip...i forget where i heard this...but it would make sense to put sumthin as optimized as a G5 in a game console...perfect stability.

man
i is gay

man
dose any one no about nintendo gamcude new

Raventheonly
Your gay man? lol

eleveninches
When willl the new x-box (x-box 2) be released???????

Raventheonly
2005 supposidly... around PS3

eleveninches
I was going to buy an x-box last year, but thought that as soon as I did, the x-box 2 would be released. If i had known that it won't be released until 2005, I might have bought one then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.