greenday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Who likes 'em? My fave songs are "Minority" and "Waiting"

mechmoggy
I like em' Pheo. cool

Myth
I love greenday and always have. I can't say I have a favorite though. They're all great.

LanceWindu
"Basket Case" "Minority" "Warning"

I Love Greenday.

total metalhead
some of Greendays stuff was cool, Nimrod and Warning are great albums.

clavis9495
I LIKE GREENDAY!!! WHOOHOO eek!

stinkfist462
GREENDAY rock

Darth Revan
Greenday rock

I like "Basket Case" the best

Evil Dead
Slappy Hours, Kerplunk and Dookie are all good albums..............once they decided to jump on the mainstream pop bandwagon they became just another band. I honesty don't know if I've heard anything of theirs since Nimrod. If I did........I probably didn't recognize it was them, it could have been one of a thousand other pop/rock acts that clutter the music industry today.

SlipknoT
I'm not a huge fan but I liked that one cd dookie

Striel
Greenday = crap

SAtown_punk
Green Day is an amzing band and they have influenced many of the bands around today. Warning wasn't a great album. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. Those of you who's fav. songs are off the Warning album need to seriously listen to the previous Green Day albums(39/Smooth, Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod) and pick any song off there cuz they are all better than anything on Warning. Green Day has a new album coming out this year and I for one am going to buy it because it is still Green Day and they DID NOT sell out. Why not make money doing what you love? Until you have been in a position like that DO NOT call them sell outs, or say they are playing "mainstream pop music".

Myth
The only thing Green Day did that was bad was start "The Network". God that was horrible. I hope they aren't still doing that whole act. *puke*

Evil Dead
since SAtown Punk got a hair up her ass the other day about this subject and decided to PM me.........I will share the contents of her PM and my reply. I would just type out my opinion on this subject again.......but I'm far too lazy for that.

My reply:

Of course she never replied...............I think she saw the futility in it.

loserib
i liked greendays brianstew

thorC
i am big fan of Greenday.
Evil Dead, i mostly agree with your idea.
SAtonw_Punk, i mostly agree with your idea too
i think every thing has black side and white side.

SAtown_punk
Actually, I did reply...and I'll post that reply once you reply to me...unless you want the honors of doing it like you so valiantly did before....and i'm a guy, jackass. What...you can't handle that somebody has a seperate opinion from you? 'Cause that's how the world works.

Evil Dead
#1. No you didn't. At the time of this post.......you had not replied. You simply replied last night right before you posted in this thread......jackass.

#2. I did not know you were a guy. Most guys do not change their font color.........on message boards, that's usually a girls only thing. Most guys don't care if their text is a cute green or not. Don't get mad at me for assuming you to be a girl because of certain "girl like" actions you did. You did not ever state you were a male, which left the door open for assumption................

#3. You can have any opinion you want. I don't care. The fact still remains that Green Day started out making Punk music.......now they make Pop/rock music. Billie Joe himself admits they arn't punk, they are rock..........why do you have such a problem coming to grips with it? They used to be punk + now they are pop rock = a. They sold out punk music for the bigger pay check......or b. they never were real punks to begin with, they were only pretending so they could get fans because real punks don't just up and decide "hmmm, from today on....I'm not a punk any more".......if they thought punk was a choice, they have no idea what punk is. Punk is who you are.....not what you feel like doing for a couple years.

Evil Dead
To further show how full of shit you are........here is your PM reply to me........which has the date/time on it .......showing that you only replied to me right before you posted (20 minutes before) again......not that you had replied to me 2 days ago before I made my last post as you claim.

SAtown_punk
So you're the stereotypical guy now, huh? I like to use color. Since when did that become a bad thing?

I have no problem coming to terms with the fact that Green Day doesn't play "punk" music anymore. That's not the big deal. The big deal is that they did it on their own terms, not for the money.

And I didn't get online Sunday, so I didn't check this thread or my PM's. After I sent you that message, I checked this thread and then replied to your stupid F*N Snide little comment. I didn't say I replied two days ago. And I'm not wrong for what I think, and you're not wrong for what you think. I'll let anybody have their own opinion, but when somebody bad mouths a band I like, I find it to be my responsibility to defend said band.

greenday_fan_14
greenday is my world!

Phat J
greenday sucks now, maybe if they came out with another brain stew id give them some credit, but **** all their new songs.

RedAlertv2
I dont think they really got worse, they jsut got hijacked by some wannabe punks.

Silverstein
make-up wearing pop punks.

Rocker2005
I'M THE SON OF RAGE AND LOVE!!!! Yeah! GREEN DAY RuLE!

MovieMan22
Green Day is TRASH.

Rocker2005
No thats just you dude!

MovieMan22
Green Day blows. Their music sucks.

BasketCase
I love Green Day.

Myth
Originally posted by MovieMan22
Green Day blows. Their music sucks.

Wow, you're so insightful. no expression

Scarecrow756
I love Green Day, I have got two albums of theirs Dookie and American Idiot. My favourite song of theirs is Welcome to Paradise. Might be getting Warning on Sunday.

SnakeEyes
I've got 4 of their albums (Dookie, Nimrod, International Superhits and American Idiot) and overall, I think Green Day is an excellent band. Definitely one of my favorites, although their new stuff is getting annoying for 2 reasons: the dumb fanboys and the fact that anything from American Idiot gets overplayed on TV/radio.

el_barto
Theres already a Green Day thread.

~Wålshy~
Green Day

its two ****ing words

ill fight you to death if you **** that up

Coming in May 2009 GREEN DAY'S NEW ALBUM "21ST CENTURY BREAKDOWN"

im so happy :')

http://www.greenday.com/site/news_black.php

jinXed by JaNx
Wasn't to fond of American idiot. It was a bit to politically themed for me but i still enjoyed some of it. I must say, regardless of what i thought about American Idiot. The dvd, Bullet in a Bible, which covered American Idiot is one of the best Music dvd's i've ever seen.

I do wish that Greenday would just go back to making rocking punk jams with the occasional meaningful song rather than dedicating an entire album as a platform for political and moral rhetoric. This is just my opinion. I will still acknowledge that even though i wasn't very liking of American Idiot it was still well polished, edited and structured music, Instrumentally.

My favorite albums of theirs are Dookie and Warning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.