Fight!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
hey i know they'res millions of these on kmc but i got board and i havn't posted anything for a while so who would win:

Morgoth vs Sauron

Aragorn vs Legolas

witch king vs balrog

isildur vs Aragorn

eowen vs gimli

johnmatrix vs sauron

Kitoky
Morgoth
Aragorn
Witch King
Aragorn
Eowyn
sauron

orlandoOYEA
Morgoth (sauron was defeated by a hobbit) mwah
Aragorn (sry but Legolas aint got nothin against the King)
witch king (Cant be destroyed by man, balrog can, i think)
Aragorn (has more will power)
eowen (she defeated the witch king for christ sake)
sauron (i dont know who johnmatrix is)

Firithlotwen
Morgoth vs Sauron------------ morgoth all the way!! (plus he's more evil :P)

Aragorn vs Legolas--------- legolas (he's like a jedi-knight, and aragorn is half or less elf....)

witch king vs balrog-------- mmm difficult to say... the balrog i think... the witch king is a wraith and the balrog is a maia, right?

isildur vs Aragorn-------- aragorn (he's a ranger, isn't he?)

eowen vs gimli------- eowyn (she's no man!!!)

johnmatrix vs sauron------- who the hell is johnmatrix??

shadowy_blue
Morgoth vs. Sauron
Morgoth (Morgoth is a Vala, Sauron is just a Maia)

Aragorn vs. Legolas
Legolas (using his bow, he can hit Aragorn from a distance and the way they portray him in the movie, he seems too perfect and undefeatable mad )

Witch King vs. Balrog
Witch King (though a Balrog is not that easy to defeat, you can still defeat him at the end if you have power enough, the Witch King is immortal, unless you have a Westernesse blade or water with you big grin )

Isildur vs. Aragorn
Aragorn (from the book and the movie, he's a really mighty warrior. I can't choose Isildur competently 'coz I'm not really all that familiar with his fighting capabilities, too little was even written in the book though we are all aware that the Numenoreans way before was much more mightier than the Men these days)

Eowyn
Eowyn (aside from defeating the Witch King, I just feel like she also have great inner strength that I feel like she can kill anyone if she wants to..aside from the fact that she's my favorite character stick out tongue )

sauron vs. johmatrix
sauron (he's waaaaayy cooler than johnmatrix who didn't even like ROTK)

Lord_Andres
Morgoth vs Sauron - Morgoth, he was Saurons master need I say more?

Aragorn vs Legolas - Aragorn, he can shoot with the bow too, and if he had shield I'm pretty sure he would have kicked Legolases ass when he got close enough

witch king vs balrog - Balrog for sure, he could just step his firery foot on the witch king, hit him with his giant fire sword before the witch king got in range, and spank him with that thing, forgot whats it called

isildur vs Aragorn - Aragorn, he just seems as a better fighter big grin

eowyn vs gimli - Gimli, he a great warrior, has his trowing axes and the big battle axe, eowyn really dosent seem do know how to fight as well as Gimli dose

johnmatrix vs sauron - havint you guys seen Comando? Arnold Swatzenegger plays the role of a tough military Comando, you know blows this and that into an oblivion, I say john matrix wins, because he could just shoot a rocket with his rocket luncher and blow Sauron into pices, and the finger would fall of and so would the ring, after that John could just take it and trow it in the fires of Mount Doom big grin

shadowy_blue
I'm not sure about this but I think the topic starter was referring to johnmatrix and sauron as the KMC posters, not the movie characters. big grin You know... johnmatrix, the one who started a thread here before about the so-called flaws and plotholes of ROTK.

Smodden
very good i was refering to the posters at kmc big grin

remember the huge debate we all had with that guy..lol

i never even knew about the character thanx lord andressmile

Melani
*huffs* i diddent get to be in a fight sad.............. HAHAHAHA its all good HAHA

Smodden
ooo milani vs hmm me?

Kitoky
I think you'd probably win Smodden...

What about me? big grin

Bar-en-Danwedh
Morgoth vs Sauron : Morgoth (why even ask)

Aragorn vs Legolas : Aragorn ('cause legolas would be too busy saying:"Aragorn, you attack me as if i were your very enemy, the red sun will rise tommorow as my blood is being spilt tonight, i need a diversion... etc. etc.)

witch king vs balrog : balrog (Aragorn chased off the witchking by shoving a burning sitck in his face... now times that by 1000000)

isildur vs Aragorn : I can't be bothered figuring out that one but it would be a good fight

eowen vs gimli : gimli (eowen killed the witchking but the dwarves killed alot of dragons - and Glaurung would have made twighlight mincemeat of the witchking!!! sorry, I love him too, but it's true)

johnmatrix vs sauron : that's tough... Saroun can see you, but johnmatrix eats green berets for breakfast.... I'll go with Sauron on this one!!!

shadowy_blue
laughing

Camellia
Aragorn vs Legolas?

Aragorn, without a doubt - Legolas would be too worried about his hair falling out of placestick out tongue

(Sorry to all the fans, I WAS only jokingsmile)

samIam
HAHAHAHAH !!! and aragon LOVEs his hair out of place and all messed up hehehe

Camellia
Rugged and manly me'dear!

Iirima
Hmm, let's see...

Morgoth, we all know why

Aragorn or Legolas?? Err...well, now, it depends on what weapons they have! stick out tongue

balrog, the balrog just seems more powerful than the witch-king

aragorn, he's a pretty good fighter

eowyn, i'm not a man either

SAURON! Anyways, I don't know who johnmatrix is. embarrasment

Discos
Eomar Vs Boromir
Eagles Vs Fell Beasts
Smeagol(actual, not mutated) Vs Grima Wormtongue

also, Morgoth Vs Sauron Vs Witchking Vs Gandalf?
(the above one could go alot of ways due to double-teaming)

sorry I thought I would start my own one up,

Exa

Chapel
or how about

Bill Ferny vs Barliman Butterbur

Gaffer Gamgee vs Ted Sandyman

The Watcher in the water vs Shelob

Rosie Cotton vs Lobelia (Sackville) Baggins

Feanor vs Sauron

Arwen vs Eowen (Naked Jelly/jello wrestling)

Exa
Bill Ferny vs Barliman Butterbur - Bill Ferny

Gaffer Gamgee vs Ted Sandyman - Ted Sandyman

The Watcher in the water vs Shelob - Watcher in the Water, I think

Rosie Cotton vs Lobelia (Sackville) Baggins - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins

Feanor vs Sauron - Sauron (though Feanor would be cool too...)

Arwen vs Eowen EOWYN

Smodden
Bill Ferny vs Barliman Butterbur - Bill Ferny

Gaffer Gamgee vs Ted Sandyman - Ted Sandyman

The Watcher in the water vs Shelob - watcher all it has to do is drag shelob under water till she drowns.

Rosie Cotton vs Lobelia (Sackville) Baggins - Rosie def. she's younger, plus lobelia is armed with an umbrella?

Feanor vs Sauron - Sauron

Arwen vs Eowen EOWYN (as much as i love arwen i think eowen would win this one)

sauron
Morgoth vs Sauron

sauron with ring...would win (as has power of melkor AND sauron)

sauron without...would also win lol because i say big grin

Discos
lol cheeky exa and her fell beasts.

anyhoo I was thinking more like seeing as Morgoth being the ultimate opponent that the 3 of them would whipe him out first...

Bar-en-Danwedh
Eomar Vs Boromir : Boromir (against anyone for future ref.)

Eagles Vs Fell Beasts: well i guess the eagles, since they do!

Smeagol(actual, not mutated) Vs Grima Wormtongue: 2KO

also, Morgoth Vs Sauron Vs Witchking Vs Gandalf?: no guesses, everyman for himself, get the popcorn.

Bill Ferny vs Barliman Butterbur: Bill is mean and barliman would forget he was fighting.

Gaffer Gamgee vs Ted Sandyman: Gaffer, 'cause he got the name from beating people up untill they needed gaffer tape to hold their face together.

The Watcher in the water vs Shelob: Shelob is the daughter of an Ainur and has poison, and i know very little about the watcher, also shelob would be afraid of water so who knows...

Rosie Cotton vs Lobelia (Sackville) Baggins: Lobelia is a cow and would stab rosie with the many pieces of cutlery she stole from bagend!!!

Feanor vs Sauron: Feanor, Sauron is more powerful, but feanors temper scared morgoth, I honestly believe that if he made it to him and feanor not fingolfin fought morgoth, feanor would have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arwen vs Eowen (Naked Jelly/jello wrestling): I would just prey it goes the distance...

Corlindel
Balrog smashes the witch king at he first round.

A draw for Feanor and Sauron...But if Sauron was stolen the silmarillis, Feanor should win for sure.

sauron
Sauron: gandalf go and kill morgoth
gandalf: i cant...hes too strong for me
sauron: you can man...just try....
Witchy: dont go lover....
Gandalf: what if i were to die sauron i couldnt leave witchy with our three kids
Sauron: FINE!!!! witchking you go
Witchy: oh damn *goes* (cant resist saurons will)
melkor: prepare to die
Witchy: No man can kill me
melkor: *Stamp* im no man im melkor
witchy: dies
Gandalf: NOOOOOO! *runs an attacks melkor*
melkor: *whack*
gandalf *dies....spirit goes to valinor* hello there Mr. Tulkas...Melkor Is Being A dick
Tulkas: hahahahahahaha
melkor: whats that,,,,,,,oh shit not AGAIN *cries*
*whack*
Melkor: back to the void

sauron:...hmm...im the only one left big grinbig grinbig grin YEY

SAURON WINS!!!!!! stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

sauron
cut me real deep exa.....real deep

sad sad no sad sad

Kitoky
laughing

Exa
laughing laughing laughing
Youre right Sauron would win because he always has an answer to make anybody laugh...

sauron
*motions for exa to look at the post he did AFTER that*

sad

Exa
Yeah I did read that *cries* and I regretted what I said... but too late cant edit that anymore

*hugs*

sauron
*hugs back* im sure my heart will mend in a few thousand...ages

Exa
sad sad poor heart... *tries to heal*

Maeglin337
Those were obvious out comes, how bout this, and i know the right anwsers:

Beorn vs Borromir
Tom Bombadil vs Arragorn
The Balrog vs Treebeard
Huan vs Shelob
Galadriel vs Ungolant
Turin vs Witchking
Sam vs Goldberry

Maeglin337
..oh i ok, i hate to see treebeard go down to the Balrog, make it Fingolfin Vs the Balrog and Treebeard vs Eowyn- The winner's r all on the left.

Exa

Maeglin337
Well for one, Galadriel is a pretty powerful Noldor to begin with. Tolkien doesn't get into too much detail about this but mentions it enouigh to solidly establish her as pretty tough girl. + She has a ring of power, making her even more powerful. I think Ungoliant would be a feirce foe whom gadriel would cut to peices. I don't think she wold get her fangs into the little elf, so her dreaded poision big ol melkor feared would not effect her in that way, maybe she would spit the pioson on the ground and stuff, but won't be something Galadriel would have to worry too much about. Oh, and about Turin, the thing is, Turin killed himself, we all know that, but if he hadn't, and if he fought the witch king instead, then GLorfindels prophecy would have never been made. See smile

shadowy_blue
You're talking like Galadriel is the toughest person in Middle-earth. Yes, she's powerful internally and spiritually, but she's no Xena. Yes, she has her own will power and pretty tough at that(choosing to remain with her brother and Feanor, etc. at the Great Rebellion instead of following her father back to Tirion), but she's not a warrior type of woman. I don't remember Galadriel EVER fighting physically, so saying that Galadriel will cut Ungoliant to pieces is nothing but a ridiculous exaggeration. Yes, she has a Ring of Power, but the Elven Rings of Power aren't really used for fighting physically. They are used for healing physically and internally. They are used for a deeper wisdom and motivation to those people close to the one who wear the Rings, they are used for the preservation of things and territories held by the Ring-bearer. The Rings aren't mutant powers. They aren't Popeye's spinach. They aren't immunization vaccines to actually disable the effects of Ungoliant's poisons, to the point where Galadriel would spit the poison on the ground (totally out of character, by the way).

If your argument is that she's a Noldor and she's a Ringbearer, you could also ask why Gil-galad was killed by Sauron in the War of the Last Alliance. Hey! He's a Noldor and a Ringbearer too (though he didn't actually had the Ring that time, but still, same case)

And, are you actually underestimating the creature that even Morgoth feared?
Actually, if we're going to mere technicality, Ungoliant is an Ainu (we're not really sure if she's a Maia or whatever but she definitely came from something) so she's an Ainu who chose to have a spider body. Galadriel is only an Elf, and saying that an Elf would win over an Ainu without any difficulty is unbelievable. Sure Glorfindel and Echthelion fought and slew Balrogs, but they also died in the process. Even Gandalf who was already a Maia died. Sure Balrogs and Ungoliant are different creatures, but just a comparison.

shadowy_blue
I wouldn't question Turin's skill and excellence in battle, since we all know that he's great at that. The only issue that we have to deal with on this is....

"Turin will only have the chance to win if he has a Westernesse blade with him, or if he destroyed the Ring of Power."

If he doesn't have a Westernesse blade with him or if he didn't destroyed the One Ring, then too bad. The Witch King will NEVER die in his hands. Turin will only tire himself to the point where Wiki will be the one to kill him.

May it be a woman, or a Man, or an Elf, or a kid, or a Hobbit, it doesn't matter. You just have to have a Westernesse blade with you to be able to kill Wiki "physically".

Or, destroy the Ring of Power.

No questions.

Maeglin337
Think of Frodo and Galdriel's vial fighting shelob, decendant of ungoliant? Galdriel was a noldor who survive the bloody battle of rebelion. She wasn't no pocket nurse, she was an armed warrior. She was a powerful elf like all her kin. When ungoliant spits 'her spiritual poison' on the ground, being the only place she could put use to it, galadriels ring would protect her. Like i said, think about Frodo's fight then, magnify it by 1000. About turin, his sword was destroyed but if he had it, i bet it would be better then a westernese blade, and would still effect ol witchie, i bet sting wold have worked, or Gandalf's sword too. But if not, Turin would figure it out then he'll find his westernese blade and finish the job. Think about Beren fighting Melkor, He got away, turin would get away from the witch king if need be, only to return and smack him around. smile

Exa

Maeglin337
Glorfindel was nothing compared to Turin. Melkor didn't fear glorfindel, becuase he had nothing to worry about there. As i said, his little prophecy only has relevence in his reality, not divergent realities. Turin was bad news, and his sword was probobly pretty special too. About Galdriel fighting Ungoilant, ok maybe she might not win, but come on, u have to root for her. What ever happened to old ungoliant anyway? i forgot, it's bee na while since i read the story. I guess everyone agrees on Sam+ goldberry though smile

Thorondor
Fingolfin Vs Feanor

Glaurung Vs Thorondor

Morgoth Vs Manwe

Illuvitar versus EVERYONE

and Squishy Vs Mothy stick out tongue

sauron
no, in the lotr trilogy we all know that ARWEN was made into xena, good point shadowy

i remember her fighting, at the kinslaying...she fought there, says so in...ooh unfinished tales..lost tales...i dunno one of them, i remember reading it

i am underestimating a creature melkor feared yes....if ungoliant was to come up to me, honest to god i would not be scared, she is slow, fat, slow witted, all she does is eat *thinks of his aunty...whoah!* all you would have to do is distract her with something edible and slice and dice stick out tongue or hit her with big rolled up pice of newspaper..or turn the tap on when she is in the bath.....

they died yes....but whos to say others would, glorfindel, ecthelion...gandalf, died yeah so what, against balrogs....balrogs are described as having the body of a man, maybe larger...surrounded by sadow and flame, they never make any sound, they are quick witted, agile and powerful. ungoliant is described the same way my dad talks about his mother in law

so it cant all be good wink

sauron
iluvatar vs everyone, iluvatar would win....

Thorondor
that was a retoricle one sauron stick out tongue

sauron
Rhetorical ?? ehy ask a question you dont want the answer too

what is the point of these questions!!!!

Thorondor
lol the first ones were real but the last two were sarcastic lol

Maeglin337
Thorondor is sticking to the form, the correct answers r on the left. roll eyes (sarcastic) thanks Sauron for haveing faith in galadriels prowess, she's one mean elf maiden. i think tolkien mentions her as being a pretty ripping chick on more then a few occasions.Yeah, btw, i think she could take care of aragorn without much problem. I think she could go hand to hand with gandalf, and u know how quick gandalf took care of legolas,gimli and the king, in about 2 seconds. Gandalf the grey was also tired, and not as powerful as the reborn gandalf the white. , so yeah, he fought the balrog, and was at a draw, but remember him mentioning how weary he was, he was just tired. Don't underestimate the ancient elves, which galadriel is. Fingolfin did a pretty good job fighting the strongest of the Valar, Ungoliant is not on the same level as melkor, even when he was weakened. BTW, anyone else think Tom Bombadil is actually the secret form of Tulkas? I think that's who he is, cause it would fit, and Gandalf mentions that tom is possible powerful enough to stop sauron if he wanted too but that it's not his concern. Who else could be so special and indifferent except tulkas? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thorondor
Glaurung beating Thorondor laughing dream on

Maeglin337
Thorondor would have to attack glaurung from the air, right? And be very careful not to get burned too bad by glaurungs breath, he's a pretty big target. Oh it's too bad glaurungs most armored side is his top side. Maybe if thorondor got lucky enough to catch glaurung in a silly moment, while glaurung might be rolling around on his back like a puppy in the sun, (if, which is unlikely, glaurung enjoyed such things) then maybe thorondor might get a good poke in on his belly before glaurung poured his noctious breath on his sneaky enemy, in which case, it might be a draw. even think, glaurung's blood is noctious in itself. Thorondor would have trouble even just by that.

sauron
erm, gandalf the grey was not tired
he was the most wise and troubled of the istari...which, in M:E your looks generally after a while reflect your personality
(melkor sauron, not being able to look fair again)
he was still powerful
although he was more so when he returned as the white, and was able to lighten his load, with saruman out of the picture

galadriel, yeah totally cool elf lady, she was saurons oldest and bitterest enemy (unfinished tales) during the third age, but, i dont think she would have been a total galadriel/superwoman crossover, im sure that if the time called for it, frodo failing the quest, im sure galadriel could hold her own in battle for a while, and i doubt she could take care of aragorn, and disarm gandalf....although, she has foresight, so she could stop them ever reaching lorien if she wanted by having her elves take them down stick out tongue

but of course, she wouldnt

nobody, no man would EVER EVER EVER EVER fight the witchking

they would avoid him at ALL costs, it was prophesised no man could kill him (which probably was not true) but as the power in mordor grew, more and more feared him, he was saurons second in command, 'for all blades perish that pierce the witchking' another excellent point, also the hand which strikes him, arm...whatever takes considerable damage (merry, eowyn)
the only reason eowyn fought him was to protect theoden, out of love, and sorry but im bringing a matrix quote in here, remember what the architect says of love to neo 'the one emotion designed to blind both logic and reason'

hell, i know for a FACT that AD would fight anybody if aurora was in danger

sauron
thorondor was king of eagles, most powerful eagle ever....glaurung was the father of dragins, but NOT the most powerful

i give this one too thor

Thorondor
yay big grin

Maeglin337
Ancalagon was more powerful for the fact that he could fly, and glaurung could not. Since Eagles fly too, this is no big advantage. Sure, he'd have a hard time catching thorondor, but he has to land sometime, and if it's a fight to the death, let's say flying away is not part of the rules. Ok, thorondor could drop rocks on glaurung, but that's about it. Oh and please, Aragorn vs Galadriel? Aragorn has like no chance. Galadriel was known as the dreaded lady of the woods, even butterfield otis wasn't even too worried about strider.

sauron
dreaded lady of the woods

ok right

she didnt DO anything in there, it was the legions of orcs she had that did the work

dreaded lady as tresspassers were shot, with arrows, by elves

everyone knew galadriel was in there

so when nobody came back, they assumed it was galadriel

her being all powerful was merely a rumour

(how do you think i am doing in my clever sauron state?)

Thorondor
very well actually sauron im pretty impressed lol big essays anall lol

Maeglin337
Really, Galadriel wouldn't even need a sword to fight aragorn. Even if aragorn was armed, she would win.

sauron
how, tell me how, and i will admit defeat if the reason is fitting

(thanks thor, see, this is what they mean when they say im clever, i just never do it any more, but now with exa gone, i need to keep the place using their brains till shadowy arives)

Thorondor
hmmm prissy elf versus decendant of Numnenor blink tought choice indeed laughing

Maeglin337
Loztastic
Plagueborn
(12/14/03 2:20 am)
let's stick with Galadriel

the official conversion notes say 3 rolemaster/MERP levels = 2 D&D levels

so, that makes her 60th level ;-)

Sauron comes in at 80

Gandalf the grey at 30
Gandalf the white at 40
Saruman at 34, then 40, then down to 1st level ;-)
Grima and arwyn both come out as 10th level bards

Loztastic
Crimson Coil Cultist
(12/13/03 2:25 am)
Reply Re: Combat in Deciphers LotR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the NPC stats were a little - extreem - too

though, Galadriel at level 90 was abour right ;-)

Philotomy Jurament
Tolling Bell Cultist
(12/14/03 5:20 pm)
Reply Re: true!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never tried converting the NPCs; I started with MERP rules and then moved to RM rules, and it worked okay. RM scaled pretty well. I think any conversion is going to skew things, especially when you're operating on that wide of a scale. If I were converting RM stats to D&D, I think I'd forget the conversion guidelines and go for the right feel and power-level based on my knowledge of D&D.

In current D&D rules, Galadriel should certainly be an Epic character, IMO. She was generally considered to be the equal of Feanor and was born in the Undying Lands, so she was from an earlier age in Middle Earth (I'd reserve Epic levels for characters from the 2nd age or earlier.) Exactly where to put her depends on where you put the Maiar that are on Middle Earth (Sauron, the Balrog, and the Wizards). A powerful Noldo would be in the same league as a Maia (remember that Noldor fought Balrogs, for example), so an extreme level for that type of character isn't inappropriate; I see them more as plot devices than NPCs.

--oh boy i'm going to do the bannana dance Happy Dance

Thorondor
what the hell? lol

sauron
what in the holy name of hell was that
i dont care about any bloody dungeon and dragon thing, hey, dont make me bring monopoly in here!

Thorondor
MONOPOLY WOOOOOOOOO

shifty sorry had to get that out stick out tongue

sauron
i will be the cool man on the horse wink

anyway maeglin i want you to find sold proof galadriel would beat aragorn without wielding a weapon....without bringing D&D, pokemon card, digimon episode 398. that weird film you saw one night, or anything like that into it!

Maeglin337
come on, Galadriels sibbling brothers fought Balrogs. They Died, but i'm sure they took more then a few Balrogs with them. They were super tough. She's over 5000 yrs old. She's more powerful then her brothers were.Hmm, i think she knows how to fight some pup with a sword without much problem. She could do it blindfolded and bare footed.

sauron
no, she really couldnt

if your using your bare hands against sombody with a sword, and NOT using any weapon, your gonna lose

Maeglin337
Someone with skill can fight an armed opponent.

shadowy_blue
I don't know what's going on in here anymore. confused

sauron
S_B!!! GO A PAGE BACK

clever sauron wink

now you can help GALADRIEL WOULD NOT WIN ARAGONR IF ShE WAS UNARMED

shadowy_blue
Maeglin337, I assume you like Galadriel a lot, but come on, be rational, everything that you were posting about Galadriel are all over-exaggeration. I wouldn't reply anymore to your other arguments because you will still insist that Galadriel could win over EVERYBODY. What next? She will jump off a cliff and she'll still survive?

sauron
technically she would
as her spirit would go to valinor stick out tongue

embarrasmentsorry

shadowy_blue
stick out tongue

sauron
hey shadowy
if your typing here you cant be typing PMs smilestick out tongue

Smodden
i have faith in galadriel.......i mean she could do her lil thing:

"soon you shall have a queen!" *winds blow, earth gets dark*

she can send light to placesect...so i def think she could beat aragorn....

shadowy_blue
What? laughing

Nice sig smod. thumb up ROTFLMAO!! laughing

Smodden
laughing

gimli is evil......corupted by the dark lord......soon to overthrow sauron and claim throne as lord of M:E......make everybody slaves to his will......having drarf women with beards as smooth as silk, feed him grapes at his comand...

Maeglin337
Over exagerated? ANy of my statements? Shees, it's just simply ridiculous that someone born in the 3rd age with such lowly blood as aragorn could beat a 1st age Noldor who is 5000 yrs wise and with powers of the ages, one who wields one of the most powerful rings of middle earth. Even Beren would have trouble with someone like Galadriel. YEs, someone like Turin would have a hard time comeing up with something in which to master her and her foresight. She was certainly one of the most powerful characters in the LOTR's trillogy and it's mentioned so. Like I said, her brothers fought Balrogs, not 1, but many of them. I would think that in a few thousand years( where she is apparently no less for the years,) she would have surpassed the might of her brothers. THen you consider the trouble Gandalf had with 1 Balrog, maybe a powerful one, but still, u can see his dificulty, yet u also see the ease in which he not only delt with Aragorn, but with gimli, and legolas as well. I think it's clear and obvious and i'm dissapointed that more don't see it the same.(though i did the bannana dance cause i did find others on another message board who weren't so decieved) wink hey i'll do it again, cause , when it comes to it, i'm just right. Happy Dance

orlandoOYEA
Nice big grin

Smodden
couldn't agree more man,........
thats kinda how i think too...
he's got a point that i strongly agree with....i mean BALROG'S' gandalf died fighting ONE....
she has a ring made by sauron......ect

shadowy_blue
What I was calling exaggerated was this statement of yours:

Like sauron said, how? I'm not denying that she's powerful indeed, but how would she defeat Aragorn if she doesn't have any weapons with her? Even Morgoth had Grond with him when he was fighting Fingolfin. Could you tell me how Galadriel could possibly defeat Aragorn without any weapons? Just because she a Noldo and have lived for thousands of years, it doesn't necessarily mean that she's that strong and invulnerable. And please don't give me the "Ring of Power" argument again. Like I said, its power doesn't make its Bearer the most potent being of all.

Maeglin337
Come on, you know if Gimli took the ring, the first place he'd go would be the golden wood. I think something there caught his eye. BTW, lady lorien was one of the best cast characters in the film. grrrgh, yum yum yummy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maeglin337
It's just a fact that one can still fight an armed opponent. Being fast and agile and being able to anticipate the moves of your foe, it's a matter of stepping inside the blades reach. Try to hit someone with a sword when they r face to face with you. It can be demonstrated, get a ratan sword and try to fight someone willing and well trained in the martial arts, I'm sure even in a dozen tries, you would find yourself unable to strike your opponent before you lose your chance. Aragorns no joke, but i think he's just out matched. Intuition is strong with the wise.

Maeglin337
BTW, it's not inconceiveable to that galadriel might be able to block a sword with her hand. It's a bit speculative, but not completely out of the possible. Maybe just on the side of the sword, not that she would need to do so.

shadowy_blue
I don't know why you involved Gimli in one of your post, but whatever.

We don't have enough evidences that Galadriel is that agile and fast and flexible and great as a warrior. Your making her turn out to be like a ninja or something, or like an anime character or something to that effect. Like I said, Galadriel is not the warrior type of woman, so I don't know where she'll get the dodging flowing moves that you seem to suggest.

And let's say that she COULD indeed dodge and block a sword with her hand. It's still not enough to say that she could defeat Aragorn. Blocking a sword doesn't guarantee that you will win a fight. Is that all she has to do? Block and dodge the sword? Then what? She's not wielding any weapons like you said. How could she possibly defeat and kill Aragorn? Your making it seem like Aragorn is an amateur warrior. If we're going on the movie version, remember that Aragorn defeated Lurtz and hundreds of Orcs during different battles.

Maeglin337
Galadriel is simply 5000+ years old, she can fight, give her that, 5000 year old bueatiful darling knows how to take care of herself. I bet she's also phsically stronger then aragorn. So if u wonder how she'd beat him, she just going to smack him him around, take that sword awy from him and show him what being a noldor means.

Maeglin337
arwen is more aragorns level. Luthien tunuvial was to beren as arwen is to aragorn, yes, eowyn wouldn't have much chance at fighting arwen for aragorn. Can u see my logic?

shadowy_blue
No, I can't see your logic, because all you're doing is nothing but to keep on assuming and give Galadriel these very superior talents and abilities which Tolkien himself or even Chris Tolkien didn't give her. You keep on saying that Galadriel is very powerful and could fight and could beat Ungoliant and Aragorn even without wielding any weapon just because she had lived for thousands of years and she's a Noldo. I can't see your logic because the things and points you're giving me aren't sufficiently proven in the books, they are only proven based on your personal thoughts.

You keep saying and betting that Galadriel could be a great fighter though we didn't really see her fight a lot. Your making things look real and sufficiently supported though they aren't.

You're so very subjective in favor of Galadriel to the point that I can't see any more dimension within you.

Yeah. Right. And Aragorn will just stand there and let Galadriel "smack him around". roll eyes (sarcastic)

shadowy_blue
Those are couples you're talking about. I'm talking about fighting abilities and experiences.

Being a couple doesn't mean that you have to have the same levels about everything.

Maeglin337
I like u shadowy smile Well i thought i showed how potent the ancient noldor were. Tolkien didn't get into detail, but he did mention galadriel being pretty perilious. I mean, if u give her credit for being half as tough as her brothers in their time, and consider she's a bit more now then she was then, and also give a little credit to her ring, u might be more sympathetic to my point of view. It's also pretty apparent that those born in the 1st age were a bit more special then those born in years to come. The dragons, orcs and troll might have grown more powerful with time, but the beings created in the 1st tend to be more powerful.

Maeglin337
Luthien was described as being pretty darn tough, so was arwen, more details to them given then to galadriel, but i think galadriel was infered to be even more fierce then both. Re-read the books with this in mind, maybe u change your mind. The movie is good too since it doesn't dissagree.

shadowy_blue
No, you don't. No need for sarcasm.

I agree that Galadriel is powerful. I NEVER denied that. I admitted it already way back in page 2 that she's very powerful indeed. But I'm picking on your statement where you were saying that "she doesn't need any weapon to beat the crap out of Aragorn".

No matter how powerful she is, she would still need some weapons and physical abilities to kill Aragorn. Not just a mere power inside her.

Tolkien stated that she was perilous because she has a very deep wisdom and perception to whatever that's going on around her. She was perilous, just like how the Witch King is perilous, just like how Sauron is perilous, but even they have weapons with them.

Toughness and years of existence do not guarantee your victory in fight.

shadowy_blue
But the books barely mentioned Arwen, and it didn't tell anything about her toughness in fight. The book focused on her beauty and her undying devotion to Aragorn. Arwen's only toughness in the book presented itself through all the obstacles that she had to go through to be with Aragorn, but she didn't fight anyone one-on-one "physically".

I agree about Luthien.

I never said though that Galadriel is Arwen and Luthien's inferior. I was just saying in my first post about this that you don't have to necessarily compare the abilities and experiences of the couples in the novel.

Thorondor
sick you think cate blanchett is attractive? omg sick

Fëanor
if that's a battle of wits, then sauron would win...but good looks and a suave debonair...then most definately me...hehehe stick out tongue

as for the last one...do we really care who winsnaughty

Maeglin337
Yeah, me and about most the male population of earth. She is sexy in so many ways, people like brittny spears or carmen diaz, have nothing on that. Her eyes and mouth are completely gourgeous, she never need use make-up. I have to say, she had some pretty beat photographers and fassion people she had to work with. But she certainly has these subtle mysterious qualities, captured very well by the directors and camera men of the films. She's also a great actress. Really, i think i'd be with Sam and his tight pants if i was with the fellowship.

sauron
look!

galadriel 5000 year old ok fine shes old, sos my gran, but hey that doesnt make her all powerful and invunerable
sauron was older than her, he still used a weapon
glorfindel was very old indeed, took down a balrog (she didnt) and he still ran from the nazgul
aragorn didnt did he? he simply said light a fire.

galadriels powers were as i said before a rumour
orcs go into her wood
they dont come back

why?

elves kill them

do any orcs make it out alive?

no

so the other orcs who dont go in, think galadriel took them all out herself

stories spread...rumours grow..things are exadgerated

ever played chinese whispers?

Gandalf Of Lore
Morgoth
Aragorn
Witch King
Aragorn
Eowyn
sauron

Morgoth Vs. Sauron: Yes Morgoth was a Vala (the strongest in the begginning) and Sauron is just a Maia but if it was Sauron at the pinnacle of his power and Morgoth at the lowest Sauron would win. Otherwise Morgoth would kick Sauron's a**

Aragorn Vs. Legolas: If Aragorn could evade Legolas' arrows and het close enough he'd win.

Witch King Vs. Balrog: Balrog easily, the Witch King of Angmar was just a Numenorean, the Balrog was a Maia. It wasn't a mere man that destroyed the Balrog. It was another Maia that killed him, Gandalf.

Isildur Vs. Aragorn: Tough, but probably Aragorn.

Eowyn Vs. Gimli: I would say Gimli though this is debatable

Johnmatrix Vs Sauron: Sauron

Gandalf Of Lore
glorfindel was very old indeed, took down a balrog (she didnt) and he still ran from the nazgul
aragorn didnt did he? he simply said light a fire.

You're thinking of a different Glorfindel one from Gondolin and he died fighting that Balrog.

sauron
'Thus far the two identitiesstwo full ages apart though they be can be reconciled in one (long lived) personality'

'one of the two posible solutions to the riddle of glorfindel is that glorfindel of gondolin indeed perished in battle as reported, but was afterwards re-born in middle-earth.'

^^its a mstery my good man stick out tongue

wiki would defeat the balrog you know....

Gandalf Of Lore
Eagles Vs Fell Beasts - FELL BEASTS

Depends, if you're thinking of Gwaihir and those eagles (who have dwindle in might) it would probably be a tie. Now if you're thinking of Thorondor then the eagles would win. Why? Because Thorondor helped Earendil kill Ancagalon who would woop any fell beasts.

Gandalf Of Lore
I have some suggestions:
Gandalf The White Vs. Galadriel
Elendil Vs. Isildur
Witch King Vs. Gandalf The White
Gothmog Vs. Sauron
Galadriel Vs. The Balrog
Turin Vs. Aragorn (pretty obvious)
Glorfindel Vs. Elrond
Gandalf The White Vs. Elrond

sauron
Gandalf- gladriel is just a god-damn old elf...nothing special
elendil- cast down sauron, isildur didnt do anything to sauron
witchking- gamdalf would not fight him in the books, and in the film he loses
sauron- 'sauron was morgoths greatest and mightiest servant' so, ya know he would win wink
balrog- ok stop with the facination with galadriel
turin- aragorns good, not THAT good
elrond- i dont know why, i just think he would win///confused
gandalf- hes a maia ok, elves are nothing special!

Gandalf Of Lore
I agree that Galadriel is powerful. I NEVER denied that. I admitted it already way back in page 2 that she's very powerful indeed. But I'm picking on your statement where you were saying that "she doesn't need any weapon to beat the crap out of Aragorn".

No matter how powerful she is, she would still need some weapons and physical abilities to kill Aragorn. Not just a mere power inside her.

Tolkien stated that she was perilous because she has a very deep wisdom and perception to whatever that's going on around her. She was perilous, just like how the Witch King is perilous, just like how Sauron is perilous, but even they have weapons with them.

Toughness and years of existence do not guarantee your victory in fight

I agree to take a quote from the book Beregond exclaimed, "How can he win to the gate if those Hell-Hawks have other weapons than fear!"
This is just and example Gandalf is powerful, Sauron is powerful, the Witch King is powerful, Morgoth is powerful yet they all use weapons. She may be powerful but she's not invulnerable. She might use spells and even if she could block weapons she would still need a weapon. She's not going to win if she doesn't have weapons. This is not the incredible Hulk were talking about. We are talking about a powerful Noldor who isn't supreme. If she was she would have defeated Sauron. I rest my case.

sauron
thats what im saying, you have wrong person mate lol
you want maeglin

Gandalf Of Lore
sauron- 'sauron was morgoths greatest and mightiest servant' so, ya know he would win

I sort of disagree with you. Follow my thinking Balrogs are very powerful. Gothmog was extremely more powerful than strong Balrogs. I think Gothmog takes this one.

Fëanor
yes...maeglin would be the one to argue with...

sauron
well if you disagree with my 'sauron was morgoths mightiest and greatest servant' line you are disagreeing with a line from the silmarillion
therefore with tolkien
be my guest

Fëanor
*in best Deniro voice*

you talkin' to me? are you talkin' to me?... stick out tongue

Gandalf Of Lore
well if you disagree with my 'sauron was morgoths mightiest and greatest servant' line you are disagreeing with a line from the silmarillion
therefore with tolkien
be my guest

You are wrong since in the Silmarillion it said that Gothmog, Melkors General (higher than lieutenant) was Morgoth's mightiest and greatest servant.

Oh and about Arwen Vs. Eowyn (Naked Jello Wrestling)
I really wouldn't care who won as long as the fight was long and everyone could drool over it.

big grin

sauron
well i dont see anybody else around here, so i must be talking to you

*sees gandalf_of_lore*

oh embarrasment sorry fea i was talking to him

sauron
no it did not say that
it always states that sauron was the second
what would be the point in having sauron as a villain in lotr later, you might as well have had gothmog do it

sauron is said to be his mightiest
greatest
'only less evil than melkor in that he served another, before rising again like a great shadow of morgoth'

Smodden
thor, unless you change your oppinion, i will be forced to go fetch my axe...

lolj/k...she's too old for me...i prefer the liv/arwen types, or maybee even the anduin river....love

shadowy_blue
Hhmm..

The Silmarillion, "Valaquenta", Of the Enemies

The Silmarillion, "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age"

I know there are more but I can't remember where to find them. stick out tongue

Maeglin337
Sauron, where'd u get that picture of the Balrog? it's scary.

Thorondor
and once again Thorondor saved his body stick out tongue

sauron
picture of a balrog?

Thorondor
*was wondering the same thing*

thank god ive been waiting for AGES for someone else to come on. hi sauron stick out tongue

Fëanor
the purple one is Gothmog and his minions...hahaha!!

Thorondor
laughing

Fëanor
beware Gothmogs red bag...

for in it is a weapon far deadlier than Grond...more fearsome than Anduril...yes even more vile than the stench of Smeagol's breath after eating a fish...

you ask...what is it?
i say...with my own eyes which has been blinded by it's sight i can say only this...

my lips are sealed... stick out tongue

Thorondor
does the all mighty image of Eru in the sun fear it?

Fëanor
yes...even he fears it...

*pssst*

*in whispered tones*

it's a picture of Sauron....lololol

Thorondor
laughing

shadowy_blue

sauron
shadowy your sig is scaring me

its like orcs....and even though orcs are my pretty much only servants and friends
i wouldt let them near me! and the one on the left is looking like he is trying to kiss someone lol.....god luck with that

Maeglin337
Gothmog was not indestructible. He took part in (and indeed presumably led) Morgoth's deadly surprise assault on the Hidden City of Gondolin. In the square of the King in the heart of the city, he came upon the Elf-lord Ecthelion of the Fountain. They fought a great duel, and in the end Gothmog and Ecthelion slew one another. So ended one of the most feared denizens of the pits of Angband.
..Just another noldor biting the dust, those noldor seem so frail, lord of the fountain, as if he could actually take on a dwarf or something tough, prissy little fairy elf

wink

sauron
ok saracasms a no no stick out tongue

so what a first age noldo killed a maia

ok i can accept that

but in the third age, the elves are leaving, the whole race and their power is dwindling

third age elves are NOTHING compared to first or second

thats why everyone thinks 'wow elrond is so powerful, sos tha galadriel'

Maeglin337
Elrond is Galadriels half human young'n nephew. He's powerful, but no where near as powerful as Galadriel, with or without her ring. confused

sauron
yes i know that but just because your a noldor and very old does NOT mean your strong you know
im sure elrond could finish galadriel....even if he is 'only' halfelven

(maeglin your putting up a hell of a fight *shakes hand*)

Maeglin337
elrond galadriel and gandalf, hold the 3 most powerful elven rings of power. Though suaron didn't make these rings, his ring had power over theirs since he showed the elves how to make them in the 1st place. Somehow, his ruled over theirs, so they stopped using them. Galadriel is a 1st age elf, she was there before the sun and moon. She's a tough cookie and every peice of information tolkien supplies to that speculation points to that fact. Give her a ring of power, she's even tougher. It's not, Oh no, Celeborn of the wood, run and hide; celeborn is probobly a good cook, and he could probobly sew pretty well, i bet he was fun at party's and could make u laugh, but galadriel was the feirce one.

sauron
what the hell do you mean
just because she is Old DOES NOT MAKE HER POWERFUL

Maeglin337
very simpley. the most powerful elves were the 1st ones. how tough? very tough. The toughest of beings could be messed up by the 1st born elves. That's pretty darn tough. Galadriel belongs to this category of elves. Ok, that's not enough, how bout her ring? oh, only just about the most powerful magical items ever made. Not as powerful as Sauron's little baby, but still, it's a pretty heavy thing. Sauron wanted it, it really ticked him off not haveing it. How bout her reputation? She was said to be pretty tough. Gimli was pretty scared, and not much worried him right? What was her additude about sauron? She wasn't worried.

sauron
the elves do not use their rings for pysical use
they use it to preseve, how do you think lorien is so golden rivendell so...rivendellish
why do you think they said 'the power of the three is fading'

her ring would make NO difference at all to her fighting powers

the toughest of beings...a valar i would say...messed up...no maybe stabbed in the foot but thats it

Galadriel is NOT all powerful,

think of it like this

think of stewards of gondor, you automatically think of ****ed up men burning themselves dont you

but that isnt so there were some great great stewards

think of noldor - you automatically picture large warriors gallantly riding into battle- yet another stereotype

Maeglin337

sauron
IT doest
PEOPLE do

just because the books focus on some powerful elves doesnt mean EVERY first age elf is amazing in every way

yes, the movie did a bad job with denethor...and didnt show WHY he was insane...hopefully we will see the palantir in rotk ee

but you do, you stereotype!

Maeglin337
again, an illustrastion, Gandalf could smack legolas, gimli and aragorn without much effort. Gandalf, had trouble with the balrog, aragorn legolas and gimli together wouldn't even amount to too much help in fighting the balrog which, the trolls and other beasties let fight alone. Elves of Galadriels calabre would fight balrogs for fun on weekends. She's got to be pretty tough. wink Where did all the Balrog go? The elves killed em.

sauron
fnope they didnt

the balrogs fled the wrath of the valar and hid themselves deep in the earth stick out tongue

no, nobody has ever killed a balrog and come out of it with there lives, they all died in the process, now i dont know about you, but dying isnt a weekend hobby on my list

elves of galadriels CALABRE not galadrie herself
im not saying no noldor could kill aragorn etc etc, they could
but galadriel could not

Maeglin337

sauron
see reading that post i thought wow he has me
and this guys just..wow
but the 'go figure' bit...that was needless

well nenya was given to her for safekeeping yes....gil galad was given one, he was killed,
gandalf was given one, yet you earlier said her to be more powerful than him

alot of elves survived the rebellion, 'she took no part in that treachery' she didnt even fight. of course your gonna survive if you stand on the sidelines!

Thorondor
lol go on sauron you legend get em told stick out tongue

sauron
laughing im losing in case you didnt notice
he is wrong, but he has more facts to prove himself right

Thorondor
he is just obsessed with galadriel and wont accept the truth so no point in arguing.

sauron
yeah lol it has hit obsession point though

Thorondor
sauron mate it's well passed that point lol

sauron
i dont know what he sees in here

heres one of her better photots though

galadriel overlooks lorien

http://home.zhwin.ch/~bernaste/rings/bilder/gallery/rotk/november_orc.jpg

Thorondor
OMG THAT'S THE PICTURE OF APRIL IN MY LOTR CALENDER big grin

sauron
now was that skillfull or what big grin

Thorondor
indeed stick out tongue im gonna scan all my pics from the calender and post em stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>