Lucas Biography

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Tonight on A&E there was a two hour special on 'Biography' about George Lucas. Anyone see it?

I learned a lot of things about the man. I didn't know his kids were all adopted. And his wife left him and took half of his money (the *****).

Also, it showed a scene from Episode II (with bluescreen background). It was pretty cool. rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Yeah it was a pretty good show.. I thought he was cute when he talked about his kids. He's a pretty snazzy dancer too laughing out loud

As for Marcia, you do understand that she helped him earn quite a bit of that money right (not to mention supporting them when he was developing his early films)?... and there is the California community property laws.

ToMacco
. . . . . .................no

keokiswahine
marcia supported them while all the studios turned him down and gave him a hard time, while he did all the research and writing. while he was filming in England, she was supervising the building of skywalker ranch. Remember, GL always plowed all his profits back into the companies, so he had to sell one of his companies to give marcia her share of their assets.

ToMacco
. . . that ***** big grin cool rolling on floor laughing

finti
thats women for ya, always have a prenuptial agreement, unless she`s the one with the money big grin evil face

yerssot
To, if you went to the EpII,III section a while ago, you knew his kids were adopted

Edna Witch
What's A&E

Gundark
A&E is Arts & Entertainment Channel.

I saw the biography too. Totally cool. Although I've already read the book about him, which went into a lot more detail about Zoetrope. But it was great seeing a lot of old "behind the scenes" footage from Tunisia and the soundstages in London. Back then, it looked like George weighed about 150 pounds soaking wet.

yerssot
ah! Those days! The days George had black hair... long time ago...

ToMacco
He does seem like a really down to Earth guy, but he is a nerd laughing out loud No question about it rolling on floor laughing

Gundark
Well you just blew your weekend at Skywalker Ranch.

finti
Well To you`ll be two of a kind then.

yerssot
But I have a full house stick out tongue

finti
yeah yeah, you are the men in the mirrors stick out tongue

yerssot
isn't that from a song of M Jackson?
Looking like the man in the mirror or something like that?

Texas
I missed it sad

A&E is an old geezer channel evil face

ToMacco
Biography is usually pretty good.

SilentMike
I thought it was a great biography, it made my respect for George Lucas shoot up considerably. To bad Hollywood don't give him more respect the man should have an oscar by now. I never knew he was so rich either or that his ex-wife took half his money from SW. It also pointed out how a lot of the movies that keep getting made now are directly influenced by Lucas. Something I point out to people who hate SW but like really stupid crapola like Independence Day or any modern action or adventure flicks.

ToMacco
Yes. I don't really see how him being a nice guy makes him Oscar worthy. Perhaps for special effects, and things of that nature. But not for Best Picture or Director status.

King Jedi
Definately for those things. How he never won an Oscar for directing the original Star Wars I don't know. confused

When will this be shown outside the U.S?

yerssot
I have a complete list of awards ... I think he has been nominated a few times...

Gundark
Well KJ, he didn't win cause stupid Woody Allen with his stupid Annie Hall took best pic and best director that year.

*gets out clown gun, goes hunting for Woody Allen*

Ushgarak
Annie Hall deserved that Oscar. Sorry, but it did.

ToMacco
Didn't Woody Allen marry his daughter? eek! sad embarrasment

keokiswahine
actually, he looks like 125 lbs soaking wet back then. talk about lean eek! eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
And he married his daughter.

keokiswahine
To, what are you talking about? married his daughter? eek!

Aquarius87
I think he's talking about Woody the Inbred cheesedick Pedofile
Hehe...i hate inbreds theres people on the island next to me,theyv'e lived there for 80+ years and they're all inbreds...they look like mutants too

finti
Here take my huge nasty Norse Viking battle axe with you, se if you can break his glasses.
And he married his steph daughter, this is the reason for his huge conflict with Mia Farrow. hmm one should think Old blue eyes left her with some mob contacts???

keokiswahine
ahhhh, yes, woody allen married mia's adopted vietnamese daughter during her marriage to andre previn. well, stranger things have happened in hollywood, I suppose.

While SW is my first luv, there is nothing wrong with Independence Day. I like it, too, but further down the pecking order. laughing out loud

ToMacco
Woody Allen is a disgusting nervious dweeb.

keokiswahine
woody allen does not impress me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Or anyone for that matter. . . only his daughters. sad

Texas
Yeah, I never understood what all the fuss was about.
I guess you have to be jewish and a New Yorker to like his movies confused

Dim
Well, I think at first they were different and fun..but you can only see the same tricks so many times.

keokiswahine
right-o rolling on floor laughing smokin'

yerssot
Woody Alien is really creapy smile

ToMacco
What are some of the movies he's done? I want to see some, even though Allen himself should be *****-slapped.

queeq
My, you want the ENTIRE list which is quite long?

*back to IMDB*

ToMacco
What are a few of his better ones (if that even exsists)

mah
what's wrong with allen? he has made several good films.

queeq
Oh, I liked Sleepers, Love and Death, Hannah and her Sisters, Radio Days, Everything you always wanted to know about sex....

There are plenty good ones.

ToMacco
Oh, thank you. I'll rent those.

keokiswahine
I think there is one that I like, but, can't remember the title at the moment. hmmmmmm. If I can't remember the title, maybe it's not that memorable. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue confused

Dim
All I can remember is Annie Hall *shrugs sholders*

Gundark
I'm sure To will enjoy the giant bouncing breast.

yerssot
How typically To!
...euhm... what's her name again?

keokiswahine
what "giant bouncing breast" confused confused confused

I have this feeling I missed something. eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue evil face big grin

Gundark
In Woody Allen's movie "Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" there is a giant bouncing titty that chases some guy. Its been a long time since I've seen it and I've seen it only once.

And that was enough.

finti
it is actually one time too many stick out tongue

keokiswahine
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dim
That sounds horrifically gross.

Ushgarak
They say his orgasmatron from Sleepers will be existing for real by 2010.

keokiswahine
*gasps* eek! eek! eek!

Ushgarak
No joke, I assure you!

Place your orders now, I guess!

keokiswahine
ummmm, I'll pass, Ush.

yerssot
*holds mah back*
you're far too young lad!

mah
*holds yerss back*
I'm taking you with me out of here

yerssot
*point to the sky*
Look mah! A dead bird!
*runs away*

ToMacco
*hurddles over everyone.* Bouncing titties! I'm sold! big grin

keokiswahine
eek! eek! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.