If you had to choose ONLY ONE anime series/manga as your fav, which would it be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hana_skywalker
Which would you choose?? My choice would be Ayashi no Ceres.

BOPRecruit 16
HELLSING

SpikeSpiegel
Cowboy Bebop

Tweedleedee
NARUTO!!! eek! eek!

tigereyes456
INUYASHA- totally.

crazy_c
hey me too! wink Inuyasha rocks

SaTsuJiN
Hana > I think its called Aishi no Ceres blink

hm....favorite favorite... I really enjoyed Battle Angel Alita. Very good story and characters I thinks stick out tongue

Fallin Angel
Gravitation

Lord Ryugen
Excel Saga! Pedro rocks everything, come on everybody NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!

fungrl515
oh my gosh!!! so tough. well... i have to say...

HELLSING!!!! i mean, inuyasha's awesoem and everything, but vampires are more my thing. inuyasha second though.

Kitoky
Hana got it right, it's Ayashi no Ceres, by Watashi Yuu, also the creator of Fushigi Yuugi wink

I'd have to choose Great Teacher Onizuka. wink

must_kill_Santa
DB DBZ DBGT their the same thing different names

FBfan777
Fruits Basket!

The Force
INUYASHA!!!! rock

X-Menfan2003
Dragonball Z is the best anime series ever. We can always count on some super-powered villian appearing to destroy the planet, and then every hero, except Goku, rallying together to defeating him. When they can't do it, Goku mysteriously shows up, goes into a new Super Saiyan form and kicks ass. But, Goku still can't win and then one of the others, who didn't have the power before, somehow gains awsome power and does what Goku can't. That was what so good about it. Everyone always though that Goku would do the job, but then something would go wrong and his sons, or the namek Piccolo, or the saiyan prince gets the skills to do it. Dragonball GT was a bit wierd in this case. It seemed rushed and Goku always did the job, which was a bit strange. Overall, anything with Dragonball in the title ruled.

'chelle
Slayers

beastnpyro
i have alotta faves... but FUSHIGI YUUGI IS THE BEST!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dragonpisces272
hmm...I'd have to say DBZ, although I still have many other favorites in mind

SaTsuJiN
oops.. sorry I got the name confused with Ai yori Aoshi messed

Kitoky
laughing Don't know how you mixed them but okay.

beastnpyro
its actually watase yuu... hehehe......

Im_Fuzzy
that would have to be hellsing

LeAtHerRFace
Berserk!!!

SumWatTwisted
Inuyasha!!!!!!!

BlackHatDefect
ill go with Fushigi Yuugi,cept the OAVs and Eikoden suck.Ceres is ok but Mrs Watase is an idiot and ened up coupling off Aya/*****!

Kitoky
Well that's mature...

LilAyu
Hmm . . . InItIaL d ! ! yes And second best wood B RuRoUnI kEnShIn ! ! big grinhttp://initiald5http://takk

Sexay1
Inuyasha

SenshiNaka
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X. Perferably the manga, once you get to around volume 16 you get to read the Jinchuu Arc which is yet to be animated and is one of the better parts of the story.

el_barto
Samurai X Trust & Betrayal, Akira, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin (manga), AH! My Goddess, Cowboy Bebop the Movie, Trigun, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball, and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz.

man that is a long list roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gregory
Only one series? Probably Petshop of Horrors; the manga, not the anime, the director of which made some very bad decissions regarding which stories to put into the anime (honestly ... man-eating rabbits?).

k.a.c fan
KODOCHA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! love rock thumb up

eleveninches
Urotsukidoji.

<<Solo>>
Dumbest question ever asked. There is no question only and answer. Cowboy Bebop

Wynndar
Escaflowne

kanis
alien my favorite animes would have to have to be also dragonball z & excel saga, and for manga it would be akira and chobits

kanis
alien To Lord Ryugen from Kanis pedro rocks - AFRO NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!!

Jace_Rave
I hate this question, it's so hard to choose. I'll go with Inuyasha for the time being, but only because it's what I'm currently watching.

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe

BlackHatDefect
Skywalker..you are a sick...cruel person...ONE ANIME???????
i suppose right now..its Wolf's Rain..but Fushigi Yuugi is at a close second.
its funny because i usually hate mainstreem anime(EX Inuyasha,YuYu Hakashou,FLCL ECT ECT)

BlackHatDefect
ohh yes,i already posted here..whoops....and yes,i am immature...no wait...i just take my anime FAR to seirously.LOL pardon me kitoky

quiball
RK, no competition

Eccentric
Dragonball Z/GT all the way.

mary jane
i have seen every series listed and they are all great but i must say my favorite anime hasnt been mentioned NOIR was just amazing to me

Shoelace
DB and DBZ all the way! DBGT is so stupid! so i will say DB and DBZ.

Shoelace
I would say teen titans but it is not considered to be an anime so i am stiking with what i said ^ there.

Celestialgirl
Mine's Ayashi no Ceres!

Celestialgirl
It's wicked!

Celestialgirl
I love the manga!

insaiyan
DRAGONBALL Z rock

.hack//love
Wolf's Rain all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackHatDefect
gOOD TASTE,wOLF'S rAIN IS A WONFERFUL ANIME

bardock
i dont know i would porbably have an aneurism before i could pick

soundtrack
these kinds of questions are like the hardests questions known to man lol. i have so many favorites like: wolfs rain, inuyasha, gundam wing, etc. but if i could only pick 1 it would have to be cowboy bebop. in my opinion this anime is 1 of the best animes ever made. there is a storyline, characters that u can relate to adn understand, the music is outstanding, and they ended it perfectly. i actually hav to bow my head down to mr. watanabe and mr. hajime they are truely 2 amazing people.

Yuna33
mine is inuyasha!
nothing beats that!
and 4 manga,king of hell.

Silver Stardust
...only one? Alright, then I'll have to go with the classic, my absolute fave...Sailormoon yes the manga, though, it's FAR better than the anime.

Robo-Chocobo
hm...i guess I would have to go with...the one that doesnt sound the stupidest in japanese. I mean come on, you dont even know what half of that stuff means unless you go on the internet. how can anyone know what half of the names on manga covers mean. (i dont)

I mean look at black hat defect. in all honesty how many people Actually understand a word in the top half of her sig.(no offense)

i guess if i had to pick 1, i would go with good old faithful
Ranma 1/2 ..oh the hilarity...hehehe....

its just so funny....

ladybugz1140
100% hands down no questions asked INUYASHA yay

DarkPheonix
my fave would be any thing written by the author of Alice 19th (I cant spell her name)

Symbiotespidey
definately trigun

Elvin_Roiben
Inuyasha!!

LOVE Fluffy!!!! Mwha

kurakitsune
its hard i know a lot of anime like the legend of the black heaven i think it was call but my fav that i love some much will all was be pokemon and if u have a polebly cuz im 15 ill get all my anime firends to kill u lol j/k they'll just hurt u that all

RYO
-FAKE-

wowywow
hmmmm... i don't really have a favourite and i have to agree on what others sayd before me on the question not beeing easy to answer.. there can't be only one anime.. because every anime is different and can't be compared to others.. i have seen lots of animes since i was 8 (btw i'm 15 now ) and think i got crazy about them .. now i think that dreams are reality and life is a nightmare and try to make my own world(btw i will some day become an anime artist my selfe :P big grin ) ..
well.. i have to answer the question somehow..
i can't choose! ah! my head! it's wanting to pop only when i'm trying to think of it.. hmz.. ok.. i'll have to chose.. let's see.. i only choose hunter x hunter now.. cause i am still downloading it and wanting to see the continuation.. big grin other than that is naruto that i really must see .. episode 102 will await me.. (ep 101 was the worst episode ever sad )
other than that i love wolf's rain it makes me dream and there's lots of cute guys embarrasment smile
i like angel sanctuary too and candidate for goddess (that sadly wasn't continued and made me cry !)
i'm into detective storryes too so i firstly liked Conan but now i like Detcetive Academy Q
as i sayd there's a lot of different genre in anime so u can't really choose only one specially if u've watched as many as i did :P
(those were only some of my faves - i liked cowboy bebop too wathced the entire series yesterday big grin )
cya 4 now

raginrhino_316
I would choose InuYasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

TrAnCeDuO
no expression

raginrhino_316
what do you mean by that?

TrAnCeDuO
were the 1's and ! necessary?

raginrhino_316
I was just expressing my love for the greatest anime ever created

TrAnCeDuO
thats laughable...

raginrhino_316
how so?

TrAnCeDuO
ask blackhatdefect...she'll tell everything thats wrong with it...i for one hate the whole dbz concept thats starting to show in the series...

raginrhino_316
dbz is retarded....but how is it being incorporated in the show?

TrAnCeDuO
pm me and ill tell you...

since ive potentially ruined this thread i will help save it...

for my favorite i would have to say either gundam wing or Chrno Crusade

raginrhino_316
gundam....in my opinion is so retarded

TrAnCeDuO
http://www.croik.com/essays/gundamwing/index.htm

and this essay proves you wrong.

raginrhino_316
if you did not notice....I said my opinion!!!

encryptedenigma
It would be impossible for me to choose one as my favorite, the mere thought of having to choose only one makes my head want to POP.. to many great animes to even think of one....... I want to put one down for the post but just can;t make up my mind,, gaahhhhh.. ..can't..... have..........................just.......................one!!....

*POP*!

LordKerrigor
VanDread

BlackHatDefect
Ohh*snickers*You wanna hear my opinion on INuyasha eh?
I guess ill start
I don't like Inuyasha at all.In the beginning it was a fairly promising series(although it annoyingly reminded me of Fushigi Yuugi or Escaflowne)I somewhat enjoyed it until about manga 7(im not sure what anime EP that is lol)The anime and manga got very very repeditive and seemed pointlessly endless.There were alot of subplots that could have been taken out,and that annoying woman Takahashi could have gotten more to the point of the matter.
I felt as though I was watching a VHS getting rewound over and over again.Inuyasha would fight to get some of the sacred jewl,Kagome and Shippou would scream "INUYASHA" at the top of their lungs without really doing anything.Because of Naraku's bugs,Mioku barly even saw battle,and so Inuyasha basically fights alone.They get the jewl shard,and JUST whjen they get a bug hunk of the jewl together,Naraku steals it away*again*.
Im sorry,but I cannot accept that as a complx plot at all...and it becomes completley unbarable after awile!Iv seen a good 500+anime,and looking at those compared to Inuyasha,its very low quality.I know there are alot of annoying loyal INu fans because they haven't seen much else ...
These love triangles are also getting on my nerves.Normally,as the shoujo goddess,I take well to love triagles,but COME ON!Inuyasha is torn between a living girl and a dead one.If you want the sad truth,if he were to pick Kikyou,sex wouldn't be an option at all.Furthermore,InuyashaXKagome have expressed their love relitivly early in the series to eachother in many different ways,not to mention kiss in movie 2.Its ironic that they STILL haven't gotten together yet...but thats Takahashi for you...draw EVERYTHING out so more cash for her!
I also want to argue how unoriginal these characters are.lesse,the annoying schoolgirl,the jerk hero,the pervert,the quiet girl,the villian who sits on his ass even though he could basically destory the whole hero party within seconds,the rival,and the annoying little child with no real mod to the plot.Thats REAL different....yeh,amazing.

Id like to have you Inuyasha lovers argue with my points,im looking forword to a good debate!

Reborn Again
Ranma 1/2

fungrl515
well, I think everyone has their opinions. I do enjoy Inuyasha, most Gundams, and most others. However, if I was told to choose my favorite, as I am now, I would not be able to answer. i do realize Inuyasha has major faults. however, most other shows do to. It's just personal preference. If I was to choose, it would have to be WHR, Inuyasha, or Rurouni Kenshin. i'm afraid Kenshin would win.

soundtrack
cowboy bebop or gundam wing. but i think cb wins out by a couple points erm .

irosa1
ummmmm

rod the tv or gunslinger girl

D-Double
Cowboy Bebop

Smoke87
naruto

trouble
DBZ all the way

Serket
huh My favorite? It's...Saiyuki currently. But I also like Hellsing and Fruits Basket. blink

Eisenstein
one i cant possibly live without?

Tokyo Crazy Paradise!! i know it isnt liscenced yet but you guys just have to chack out this manga!! kick ass!! go look for scanlations now!

if i had to take 2 mangas only in an isolated island the other one would be none other than Full Metal Alchemist.

Sieg Wahrheit
I fully dedicated myself to Chaos Legion and Sieg blessed my soul.
Therefore, I would choose Rave Master. *bows to tennyo-head in teh avatar*

KINALA
INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin he's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hottttttttttttttttt he's my friends and i have sesshomaru lol we all have huys from inuyasha its soo cool IF THEY CANSEL INUYASHA I'M GONNA BE PISSED mad !!!! lol hay can any one email me at [email protected] and tell me how to put a pic for my thingy under my name????!!!! laters!!! Happy Dance

KINALA
INUYASHA RULES!!!!!!!!!!

BlackHatDefect
I quote...me actually.I hate fangirl chicks like you ya know?

Like,my spelling is bad,but I can at least spell simple words right.

BTW Inuyasha was stopped in the middle of production in Japan due to Takajashi's money obsession.Your ganna have to read the manga for the full story.Inuyasha will be taken of in America,along with Bebop,Trigun,and Detective Conan.

They will be replaced with Read Or Die,Full Metal Alchamist,Super Milk Chan Show,and Ghost in the Shellmessedtand Alone Complex.

willysp
Hmmm, tought choice, I couldnt choose one, so i would choose

DBZ (every saga cept the Buu Saga, didnt like that one too much)
FLCL (Demented in ways, thats why i love it)
Yu Yu Hakusho (awesome Anime)
Inuyasha (gotta love this one)

jessica600
Oh My Goddess!!

Darth Macabre
G Gundam for an anime.

Yu Yu Hakusho for a manga.

G Gundam over all though.

Mønkey
For me...

Bleach for anime eek!

and...

Death Note for MANGA! eek!

White Reeper
gundam for anime

dbz for manga

i like dbz tho

Mintaka
Hmm....I have to say....NARUTO!!! It has everything. action, drama, comedy, mystery, and I heard they'll be some romance after timeskip. But dont confuse the filler episodes with the actual anime, filler sucks.

elemental_user
yeah, anime has to be naruto

manga would be demon diary.

spencerspider
Naruto, DBZ is very close

I Love Snape
My first fav is Petshop of Horrors, then Tokyo Babylon second

FullMetalLover1
an anime i cannot live without, is...........dude, i can't think of one blink

XxILuvVegetaxX
this is too hard!!!! &gt;_&lt;

Haruno_sakura
Naruto! ^^

7-11
Full Metal Alchemist, all the way.

NBT
Naruto!

harppie brother
dbz or inuyasha they are to hard to chose. laughing

harppie brother
Some of these seire i never here this only one i know is inuyasha dbz naruto oh oh chobits too....

Blue nocturne
I can't choose.

Faeries_Ascendn
Samurai Champloo is mine... i like the blood...

White Reeper
DBZ! I like the people and fights!

Sailor Chaos
Sailor Moon (for very personal resasons).

harppie brother
i just got it inuyasha becouse i like actions more than talking

thegreatspirit
u have asked a hard question that i have thought about but wolfs rain in the end gota go with my man kiba

BellaBella263
I would have to go with Rurouni Kenshin!!! He awesome!!!

GODOFALL1
DragonballZ is the best action cartoon of all time! Although YU YU Hakusho is really really good too.

GODOFALL1
xmenfan what are you talking about? Goku always kicked ass.....ALWAYS!!!!!!! He may have let his sons step in here and there but that was b/c he wanted them to save the earth, not b/c he couldn't. He took out FREEZA, would have taken out Cell, took out Buu, all of the Ginyu Force, etc, etc. He was always the one saving the Earth.

son of vegeta
dbz

justjakk
bobobo bo bobobo......YAY! TOFU!!

spencerspider
dragonball z, but naruto is close and yu yu hakusho close to naruto. lol bobobo-bobo-bobo is very funny

Broly92
1.Dragon ball z
2.Yu Yu hakusho
3. Inuyasha
4.Naruto
5.Trigun/Ruroni kenshin
6. gundams

Black Rob
Full Metal Alchemist

Epsilon
The best? Sayuki Reload, no question. Miyazaki's movies come next, but they're movies, so... FullMetal Alchemist.

Riikokun
roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin mine is definately absolute boyfriend or ayashi no ceres for manga....both by yuu watase...shes my faveorite artist.
for anime, its fushigi yuugi all the way....also by yuu watase reading

GODOFALL1
DragonballZ is the greatest action cartoon of all time!

natashia
inuyasharocks the top baby

GODOFALL1
INuyasha? It's ok. Yu Yu Hakusho blows that away!!

badsymbiote
I absolutely love Fullmetal Alchemist and Samurai Champloo. Both highly enjoyable--great storylines, beautiful animation.

I Scorpion I
Inuyasha. yes

Ichigo Kurosaki
Bleach for anime! No doubt about it it's so awesome!! The plot the things in it i just can't enough of it. It's amazeing.

My favorite Manga is Naruto all the way! I love it but i think the anime is better.

GODOFALL1
Samurai Jack is better than half of the shows you guys mention.

Moonlight
Sailor moon. I grew up with the show, despite the crappy dubbing. (actually, I still watch it everynow and then...) I didnt start reading the manga until I was 10..

Ichigo Kurosaki
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
Samurai Jack is better than half of the shows you guys mention.

Are you crazy? Good thing that's a Oppinon because it sure as hell ain't true.

boobsmagee
Originally posted by Moonlight
Sailor moon. I grew up with the show, despite the crappy dubbing. (actually, I still watch it everynow and then...) I didnt start reading the manga until I was 10..

SAILOR MOON, THATS ANIME

boobsmagee
HMMM i think from the anime ive seen it might be rurouni kenshin, but full metal alch. and yu yu hakasho rnt far behind

Osaka
Azumanga Daioh is my pick.
It's very funny and cute all at once. You really get into the characters. smile

natashia
c a n tttt ccchchhhhhh ooooseee tooooo hhhhh aaaaaarrrrrdddddd...........................................

D_A_R_E
Bleach!! I loves it!!

boobsmagee
Originally posted by Ichigo Kurosaki
Are you crazy? Good thing that's a Oppinon because it sure as hell ain't true.

i was angry at the sailor moon quote, but omg SAMURAI JACK WHOA!?!?!

Opaleye92
Samurai Champloo big grin

boobsmagee
they never finished the whole plot of the series, do uknow if there will be a part two of champloo?? i watched it on adult swim

coco21
Fruits Basket anime and manga !!!!!!

ChakraStrings
Naruto. Long running and intresting.

Sai1
Honey & Clover

Heaven's Sword
I would have to say Rurouni Kenshin.

Yoshiaki
Full Metal Alchemist!

AnimeLuvr
I would say mine would be either Cowboy Bebop or all Miyazaki films(if that's allowed).

ShinobiRikari
Originally posted by ChakraStrings
Naruto. Long running and intresting.
I'm going to have to agree with Chakra. Naruto is my all time favorite with BLEACH close behind.

Dalun
Ranma 1/2 is my favorite of all time!!!!!!!!!1

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>